Popping the Feb 2012 cherry! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looks like I'm the first one to post!

Just got a very unexpected BFP over the weekend and am due sometime in the beginning of Feb. This will be #3 for us and once the shock wore off we are very excited!!!

Does anyone else know yet?!!!

#2 of 12 Old 05-25-2011, 12:55 PM

Woot!Woot! Yea for you guys! How old are your other two if I may ask?

Lets make this thread the one where we are toppling over with excitement, since the other one is for introductions!

I took two more pg test today, just to be sure it was still positive (I know, SO SILLY, but AF wasnt actually due 5/23, so Ive been kinda scared she would visit regardless of what my other TWELVE tests said bag.gif ) More BFP's so Im not going to worry anymore.

Im all nervous with energy, but exhausted at the same time. I feel like everywhere I go Im looking for kids who are as far apart as mine will be. Ive already gotten some space issues worked out, and Im so tempted to go downstairs and pull out all DD's baby clothes just to remember how tiny they are.joy.gif

We are (kinda) hoping for a boy this time, but I really could care less. We talked for a while and decided that we do want to find out. We didnt last time, and I didnt really care, but this time I think we want to know.

Is anyone else jumping the gun by thinking about and planning everything that is coming up?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 12 Old 05-26-2011, 12:55 PM

Me, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get to stay or not.  I've had light spotting and cramping on and off since Sunday.  Sunday and Tuesday some of the spotting was red, but otherwise it has been pink/brown.  I've got my fingers crossed but the waiting is hard.

#4 of 12 Old 05-27-2011, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Holly - My other two are almost 6, and almost 2. I've taken a few more tests too - and i just love seeing the line getting darker and darker!!! Hubby is having a bit of a "3rd baby crisis" and has been looking at motorcycles and fast cars he wants to buy. whistling.gif He'll never get them though, he just likes to look and pretend i think! haha.

You're so funny about wanting to look at tiny baby clothes! I'm a nurse and had a set of tiny twins that come in yesterday....and i could stop looking at the little baby parts and OMG they smelled so good! We have a boy and a girl and the gender doesnt matter to me anyway, but i cant wait to see if my daughter will have a sister, or my son will have a brother. Cant wait to see the whole dynamic that is created by this little one. For a long time I have felt like someone is missing; i've set an extra place setting at dinner a few times and feel like I am already doing a double take when i count 2 kids...like...where is the 3rd? oh yeah i only have 2!

Lia - sending you lots of sticky vibes! I know a lot of women that have had first trimester bleeding and healthy little babes. I lived in Mass up until 2 months ago, so I'm sure we know a lot of the same people in the birth community! I'd love to pick your brain sometime, because I'm up in NH but have Mass insurance so unfortanatly i just found out that a homebirth isnt covered. I'm so upset!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

#5 of 12 Old 05-27-2011, 08:39 AM

Hello everyone!

My doctor didn't believe that I knew what day I ovulated so I am being sent for a dating ultrasound, which I am ok with because I want to see what's going on in there!  My first ultrasound is on June 7th, so I will be (by my calculations) exactly 6 weeks.  I am really looking forward to it!  Hopefully it is not too soon to see a heartbeat. Any one else book an early appointment?

#6 of 12 Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 AM

Oh, and Erin - I felt the same way about somebody missing in my family smile.gif

#7 of 12 Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM

I don't think I'll have an appointment with my MW until 12 weeks...mid-to-late July...it seems like forever!

Most of the time I forget that I'm actually pregnant (I've got a 4yo and an 18mo to chase around), then I'll have a little dizzy/queasy spell and I'll remember this new little seed growing.

Today, I blurted out the news to a neighbor when he told me that they were expecting a new baby in the fall. It's like I couldn't help myself..."Congratulations! That's awesome, we're having a baby too!" Besides my DH, that's the only person I've told. Somehow, I always tell strangers before I share the news with family and close friends.

#8 of 12 Old 05-28-2011, 01:41 PM

HI ladies :) 

I know what you mean about wanting to get old clothes and stuff out. I am seriously jumping the gun here. I am ready to clean out the spare room and set up a nursery here. DH thinks I have finally lost it. But we have been unsafe but not officially trying since Sept 09. Then officially trying for a year. I experienced 2 losses in that time, so we are playing it safe and won't be announcing this baby until 2nd trimester. I have already seen my MW because of my history for a HCG blood test. Levels were good, putting me at 5 weeks (which I am 4, by my calculations). Will be going in on Tuesday as well to have blood drawn again and check the levels Wednesday. After that if they look ok.. I will probably schedule my first REAL appt for 8 weeks. We're planning a home birth. 

but yes, I agree that I forget that I am pregnant a lot. My two are 5 and 3, will be 6 and 4 when baby is born. So glad that we're finally pregnant again! I work with pregnant moms/babies (I am a CLC) at WIC full time so it's kind of hard to want a baby and see them all day long. I'll be cutting back on working next month though to start homeschooling my eldest. 

I am even tempted to go wandering around the baby isles at the store... redface.gif We will be finding out what this baby is. I always say that I want to wait but I don't think I could... the anticipation is already killing me. I'd be thrilled for another boy, DH wants a girl. Either one is fine. I just need a babe :) 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#9 of 12 Old 05-29-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanoish View Post

HI ladies :) 

I know what you mean about wanting to get old clothes and stuff out. I am seriously jumping the gun here. I am ready to clean out the spare room and set up a nursery here. DH thinks I have finally lost it. But we have been unsafe but not officially trying since Sept 09. Then officially trying for a year. I experienced 2 losses in that time, so we are playing it safe and won't be announcing this baby until 2nd trimester. I have already seen my MW because of my history for a HCG blood test. Levels were good, putting me at 5 weeks (which I am 4, by my calculations). Will be going in on Tuesday as well to have blood drawn again and check the levels Wednesday. After that if they look ok.. I will probably schedule my first REAL appt for 8 weeks. We're planning a home birth. 

but yes, I agree that I forget that I am pregnant a lot. My two are 5 and 3, will be 6 and 4 when baby is born. So glad that we're finally pregnant again! I work with pregnant moms/babies (I am a CLC) at WIC full time so it's kind of hard to want a baby and see them all day long. I'll be cutting back on working next month though to start homeschooling my eldest. 

I am even tempted to go wandering around the baby isles at the store... redface.gif We will be finding out what this baby is. I always say that I want to wait but I don't think I could... the anticipation is already killing me. I'd be thrilled for another boy, DH wants a girl. Either one is fine. I just need a babe :) 

bag.gif , just tempted?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#10 of 12 Old 05-29-2011, 11:21 AM

orngbiggrin.gif I am trying to stay away as long as I can or I will start splurging on gender-neutral stuff. This babe will be born the opposite season of my youngest... uh oh.. looks like I need to SHOP! 

But my all time hardest weakness is resisting buying cloth diapers. Especially newborn sized fitteds. I have a problem. bag.gif

And I totally "cleaned out the spare room" today and "organized" the old clothes. AKA, went through old onesies and yes... they still smelled like a baby :) 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#11 of 12 Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm joining you here and am (surprised to be) thrilled about it! I have a 14 month old (daughter) and we weren't exactly TTC... but here we are. Had two positive tests last week, and my mw calculated a due date of 2/1 -- my birthday. I'm going to try for a VBAC home birth. My daughter was breech, so we weren't able to have our planned birth at home last time. Am excited about trying again!

#12 of 12 Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Hello ladies,

I am super thrilled, together with DD we are super scared (I just recently quit my job, so money is the primary issue here) but overall this baby is such a blessing! It will be my first midwife experience and maybe I will even brave the water birth, who knows?:) I know for sure I want this pregnancy/delivery to be as natural as possible. Waiting patiently till my first appointment on July 15th!

Congratulations to you all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page