So how have you already adjusted your lifestyle to this pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is sooo new and sooo early it all feels totally surreal.

I have cut out alcohol now, which I admit, eating dinner without a glass of wine last night kind of sucked!  :)    

As for coffee, I usually drink several cups in the morning, but have now made the whole pot decaf with just one scoop of caffeinated, and drank a few cups that way.  I could probably skip the caffeine in the morning pot entirely but my poor dH says he misses the caffeine, haha.

Also, my  boobs feel ridiculous - I wonder when I need to buy a bigger bra?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 AM

Ive cut out alcohol too. I know I can still have a beer or a glass of wine occasionally if I want too. but the smell of it makes me sick. I am a way bigger stickler about caffeine than alcohol. If I didnt cut out caffeine, Id just drink it whenever I wanted. Im not good with limits on my diet coke bag.gif . I tapered my caffeine intake over a week, and am back to 100% caffeine free. I quit coffee with DD, so it was really soda and tea that I had to switch back to caffeine free. I should drink more water, I know. Im in the middle of researching raw milk/ unpasturized cheese right now. I cut those out last time, but I know a lot of people dont.

I only eat free range, grass fed, local meat, so I already dont eat deli meat. And DH cleaned out the litter box yesterday, so I guess he's adjusting. smile.gif

It hasnt been as hard for me this time, because I feel like a lot of my life was already adjusted just from nursing and having a little one around. We have no toxic cleaners or anything like that.

I have been so tired though. I have to get all of my work done between 7-10 in the morning or 7-12 at night because throughout the day I am just exhausted. I feel like I am adjusting pretty well, but it hasnt really been that long since I was pregnant, so it hasnt been very hard.

Frannie,
I'd get a bigger bra. Its unlikely that they are going to be shrinking smile.gif Just be prepared, went up a 1/2 cup size with each trimester, and then another 1/2 when my milk came in. Being a double D to start with, this has been my least favorite thing about having a baby.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 17 Old 05-29-2011, 11:26 AM

I cut out my glass of wine about 4 months ago (wahh) just to be safe while TTC. I also quit drinking coffee/caffeine completely. Other than that everything else was pretty much pregnancy friendly. I stopped with deli meat, too... although I very rarely eat it. I will probably still cheat on some soft cheeses. 

I'm trying to take it easy because of my history of MC. I rest when I'm tired. Eat when I'm hungry. I've been forcing myself to drink more water than I'd like (I really love tea). I'm trying to be healthier and exercise more so I don't gain too much weight. Haven't really felt morning sickness yet. It's more afternoon around 2 o'clock and I'm bored/snacking then suddenly feel woozy. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#4 of 17 Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM

cut my coffee in the morning, which sucks - also not taking baths anymore, which I am not even sure if it really has any epirical data behind not doing that - but feeling super anxious about another miscarriage. Taking naps with my kids because I am just so tired by noon I can't make it anymore. Wondering how my house is going to deteriorate in the weeks to come.

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#5 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 AM

Not  much here, just started popping vitamins. I take prenatels, fish oils, vitamin e and d, as well as extra folic acid.

#6 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM

I was under the impression that you werent supposed to take fish oils along with prenatals while pregnant because it is an excessive amount of vitamin A. Is that not true? I'd like to know because I know fish oils have a ton of other great stuff for you, but Ive avoided them previously.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#7 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 02:01 PM

I have never heard that and I have taken them with my past 6 pregnancies. My dad is a doctor and he reccomends them. I doubt he would put me or the baby in a dangerous situation. All my kids are extreemly heathly with above average IQ's , so I really think it dose some good. :) My last baby could hold his head up from almost the day he was born.

#8 of 17 Old 06-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

I was under the impression that you werent supposed to take fish oils along with prenatals while pregnant because it is an excessive amount of vitamin A. Is that not true? I'd like to know because I know fish oils have a ton of other great stuff for you, but Ive avoided them previously.

Many brands of Cod Liver Oil and other fish liver oils have vitamin A. Regular fish oil doesn't contain vitamin A. 

How bad is it that I am not planning on giving up my  daily cup of black tea? 

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
#9 of 17 Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 AM

I started taking a prenatal, cut out alcohol and cut back to one cup of coffee in the morning.    I might have the occasional glass of wine after the 1st trimester, but probably not very often. 

I have started to carry my water bottle everywhere.

I have been trying to eat at least 60 oz of protein a day and get in as many leafy greens as I can.  I am also going to try very hard to stick to my primal diet (something I have been doing off an on since last summer) through this whole pregnancy.  I know I feel better when I don't eat grains, sugar, soy and corn.  

During my workout today I cut my kettle ball weight back from 25 lbs to 20 lbs.  I am planning on continuing with my workouts (Crossfit if anyone is familiar with it) even though I only started about a month ago.  

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

#10 of 17 Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjess View Post

How bad is it that I am not planning on giving up my  daily cup of black tea? 

It's fine.  You can have 200 mg a day (about 12 oz of coffee).  I had a large mug of coffee every morning (sometimes a mug and a half on the weekends) of my pregnancy with Lily and she was perfectly healthy. 

April, wife to Scott, mother to Lily (07/23/08) and furbaby Bella (6/21/04), and expecting baby #2 in February 2012. 

#11 of 17 Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Oh, and I think will pick up taking probiotics again.  I started them on my MW suggestion after having a wicked yeast infection when I was about 25 weeks and never had one while I was on them. 

#12 of 17 Old 06-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA from Purified Fish Oil are great ones to take while preggo:)

#13 of 17 Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM

My problem is calcium intake...I really do not like the taste of milk, not too big on cheese, any suggestions? I would prefer to supplement with food rather than pills:)

#14 of 17 Old 06-06-2011, 09:53 PM

broccoli :-)  kale too

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#15 of 17 Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM

Kale is a great source of calcium. I just learned that Tums is a good way to supplement calcium, which is great because I've been having reflux!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#16 of 17 Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Good ideas, thank you!! Love my kale with bacon and garlic broccoli:)

I got my first heart burn tonight, but granted it was after a basket of fried pickles and jalapeno sandwich:) I've been having weird spicy/savory/salty cravings...

#17 of 17 Old 06-07-2011, 06:12 PM

I've been trying to eat as if I were already pregnant for several months before TTC.  Now I'm just making for sure I take my green pastures fermented cod liver oil and butter oil and homefirst prenatal with probiotics.  

Juicing has been really appealing to me more than usual, so i've done that more.

Also- taking a nap with my 3.5 year old daughter the past 4 days- so glad she still naps! I've been tired already!  

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page