Betas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who has gotten them?

I had them done Monday at 21dpo and they came back 2,188 hCg and 22 progesterone. I got my second draw today but no results yet of course.

I'm a little worried about the progesterone but the nurse wasn't. I see the doc on Tuesday and hope I'm okay until then. Does that sounds low?? I'm still breastfeeding.

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#2 of 4 Old 06-09-2011, 06:53 AM

if the progesterone wasn't good, wouldn't they try to get you to supplement?  apparently there's a wide range..  12-20 in the first 5 weeks is normal..  hug2.gif  let us know how the results come back from your second draw! 

(i did have only one done, i think i am earlier than you and my hcg was less than 500 which worried ME.. but the prog for me was 22.7 which relieved me a bit.. the good high progesterone means an ectopic is much less likely-- i opted not to do a second draw to see if it was doubling since we're doing an early u/s). 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 4 Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM

My progesterone was 21 when my HCG was 1428..my doctor wasn't worried.  In fact the reason I had the beta's at all was because they wanted me to supplement progesterone because of previous losses but I wasn't comfortable supplementing until I knew what my body was doing on its own.  I had a second HCG but they didn't even do a second progesterone because they said it looked good.  So I'd say yours sounds fine too..  :)

K, Momma to angel3.gifA(born still 8/22/00), DD A(1/31/06) and DS A(3/13/08), and Baby A (2/2/12)

#4 of 4 Old 06-09-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Makes me feel better.

I just got my second set of betas back and it went from 2.188 at 20dpo to 3,305 at 22dpo. That's a doubling time of 80hrs. I thought 48hrs was best but upon reading more it looks like after a level of 1,200 rates doubling slow to 72-96hrs on average. Did anyone else's not double at 48hrs once they got to this level??

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page