What helps you with morning sickness? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 07-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dds07 View Post

Sea Bands!! They have been great for me:)

this! They are wonderful. It just sucks that (at least for the summer) I'm wearing them and long sleeves. But wowzers did they help today. I barely got out of bed this weekend and was wondering how I'd make it through work today. DD was an easy pregnancy no issues. This one, not so much.

Mom to DD 12/2009; married to wonderful hubby 1/07.
#62 of 68 Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 PM

I think the B6 is really important.

#63 of 68 Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM

I give up and got Zofran at my first prenatal appointment today. I just can't take it. That and I just discovered I'm not 12 weeks along but actually only 9 weeks, so the thought of three additional weeks of nausea was just too much for me. We'll see how well this works. It does seem to help quite a bit from taking my first dose. Not being able to eat the way I am used to was really upsetting to me because I have a history of eating disorder (binge / restrict type) and was majorly throwing me off. 

#64 of 68 Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 AM

SOOOOOOO thankful for this website and the all the knowledge everyone brings with them! First pregnancy, and I have felt nauseous since pretty much the first day......it REALLY kicked up around 6 weeks! I'm just nauseous all day long, and the evenings are the worst!  I started taking generic zofran but that didn't touch it, so I starting taking a combo of generic phergen at night and zofran during the day.....which cause some SEVERE constipation.  Once I met with my midwife, she convinced me to stop taking the meds, and I agreed because basically they weren't really relieving an symptoms.  I will say the phergen did help me sleep better, but she suggested Benadryl instead.

I have been drinking mint tea, gatorade, eating crackers, ginger snaps, sucking on sour candy and have the sea sick bands....and NOTHING WORKS! I will say the ginger snaps relieve my symptoms for a few minutes and so does the mint tea, but that's about it.

I'm super pumped to try ginger ale, and the homeopathic meds suggested.  I already take a raw prenatal vitamin with extra ginger and B6.....

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience! biggrinbounce.gif

USAF wife knit.gif to DH Chris (10/9/10) hug2.gif, Momma to DS (2/12) babyf.gifintactlact.gif, and expecting another surprise 6/2013 joy.gif

#65 of 68 Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 AM

My favorite thing that helps with morning sickness, SLEEP, and whining about it to DH. :P

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#66 of 68 Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM

I agree it is all about getting enough sleep!   And, avoiding intense heat.  I have been living in air conditioning and I don't even care right now.  The minute I head outside the bile rises in my throat!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#67 of 68 Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM

Just posting for posterity: I finally figured out at 16 weeks or so that at least for me nausea was majorly aggravated by eating anything with acid. Like orange juice or even fruit that is tart and sweet at the same time, like nectarines and grapes. If I lay off that stuff I'm fine.
#68 of 68 Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Well I thought that was over...until I puked again this morning! Arrgh this is worse than my other two pregnancies. Hopefully it was the last time!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page