WAPF Moms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 06-13-2011, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone a WAPF mom?   Trying to eat the WAPF way for this pregnancy?

http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/311-diet-for-pregnant-and-nursing-mothers

Mom to DD born 12/2007  and a babyf.gifon the way February 2012

#2 of 40 Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 AM

I'm hoping I can. We've been testing the waters with raw milk in my diet and my nursling. He had been casein intolerant, but he does finally seem to be tolerating raw milk products in my diet. I have a great raw milk source so I'm hopeful to follow WAPF.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#3 of 40 Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM

I do some aspects of it.... lacto fermented veggies, bone broths added to grains and soups, plenty of grassfed meat, fish liver oil for vit a, butter, eggs, occasional liver (though thinking about it is making me nauseous this second!), soaked grains (we are gluten free, but I make idli which is a south indian fermented rice and lentil pancake thing). I am trying add dairy back into my diet after being off of it for 2+ years for my lo's intolerance. I know I am doing good with fermented goat dairy, so I can get good raw goat cheese here, though I won't be having the one qt equivalent everyday. Basically though, I spend hours a day in the kitchen making all kinds of nourishing things for us, and I love it.   

NourishCreate likes this.

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
#4 of 40 Old 06-15-2011, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Nice farmerjess!

I need to do more fermented veggies- when the summer crops come on!

I've been wanting raw milk a lot more now, and that's good! I think it staves off nausea as well.  I've been feeling pretty good for the most part!~ (knock on wood!)

Raw milk cheese and ice cream, or yogurt are good ways to get in the 1 qt dairy recommendation. I don't think I could actually drink 1 qt/day either!

#5 of 40 Old 06-15-2011, 12:57 PM

Yes! We just started this "diet" a few months ago (was actually kinda hoping to be on it longer before conceiving!) and am hoping it will help me for this pregnancy, just to feel good! Excited to be able to talk about it with others:) Will add more later...

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#6 of 40 Old 06-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Is this the same as Traditional Foods? We try to follow that for the most part. We live in CA,so some things (like raw dairy ALL THE WAY) is just too darn expensive. like $15 a gallon...

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#7 of 40 Old 06-18-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 View Post

Is this the same as Traditional Foods? We try to follow that for the most part. We live in CA,so some things (like raw dairy ALL THE WAY) is just too darn expensive. like $15 a gallon...

Yes, same, or Nourishing Foods. I agree, the cost of raw milk is too expensive, we are buying a house w/land next month and plan to get goats for that:) In the meantime, I try not to drink much milk. Trader Joe's sells non-homogenized milk for 3.50/half gallon, that's what I use to make yogurt, creme fraiche, and all that. I try to get me dairy from the yogurt and other things. You can also find a lot of raw milk cheese at TJ for much less than other stores, we like the raw milk cheddar for something like 5/lb which isn't bad. We also make cream cheese.

I don't skimp on butter, that, we always buy the good, yellow stuff from grass fed cows.

I find it difficult to get much bone broth in in the summer, what do you all do? I know I just need to make more soups, but it's hard when it's' 110 outside, YKWIM? I always make quinoa, millet, and any casseroles w/the broth too.

I should get the gallon of coconut oill I ordered on Monday! Yay, I'm gonna start trying to incorporate it in smoothies.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#8 of 40 Old 06-18-2011, 03:47 PM

yeah, I get the non homogonized from trader joes or jimbos (straus family creamery in CA) and with that I make my yogurt. grass fed butter, and raw cheese too:) So I guess I do belong on this thread:)

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#9 of 40 Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 PM

We're WAP eaters here, too.  Well, most of it.  I do battle with organ meats I must say, wasn't brought up on them so even though DH is a stunning cook, even he can't make liver palatable and I force it down.  Tried it in frozen chunks nearly choked!  Tablets are just unjustifiably expensive.  Only thing I can manage is some beef heart ground up and disguided in burgers or bolognaise sauce.  We do stocks and ferments, take my FCLO when I remember, love my grassfed meats with a big salad, don't do much dairy or grains but when we have grains they are soaked and cooked in broth.  DH works in an organic food store so we have access to great stuff thumbsup.gif.

Mama to one big wild wonderful girl (9), one beautiful big boy in heaven brokenheart.gif (4), one sweet feisty little rainbow1284.gif girl (3), angel.gif Jan '11, angel.gif May '11, angel.gif July '11 and expecting a rainbow1284.gif again 14/9/12.  Wow!  Another precious boy!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*stork-boy.gifbabyboy.gif

#10 of 40 Old 06-19-2011, 06:09 AM

I guess I'm lucky, I've always been a fan of organ meats (chicken anyway, I've never tried any others). I remember eating hearts growing up and I love livers:) 

It's funny, I tried the recipe for livers and onions in NT and YUK! I hate soaking them in lemon (I'm not a fan of lemon anyway so should have known) and they got such a weird texture. I guess for most ppl it's better that way, hiding the liver taste/texture, but I like the the original! DS also wouldn't eat it and normally he LOVES his liver. So I'll continue making it the easy way!

#11 of 40 Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

yippiehippe-   I like chicken livers too!  I try to eat the chicken liver pate once a week.  I just buy a bunch and then freeze them in individual portion sizes, and de thaw each time I make pate (just enough for 4 crackers worth)

I've had beef liver (and have it in the freezer), and I hide it in meatloaf- but the flavor is much stronger so I'm not a regular with that kind!

I've been swallowing a spoonful of frozen salmon roe 1x/week.  I'm not a big fan of eating it, besides on sushi- so I figure this is one way to get it in!

#12 of 40 Old 06-20-2011, 08:12 AM

We try to eat a WAPF diet as much as we can, but now that I'm pregnant again, I have decided to go full force and follow the pregnancy diet.  I know I will struggle with it (I really don't like organ meats), but if I can start out strong then at least I will be starting at a higher place if I falter.  Since I am a bit overweight to start, I am not going to worry as much about the quantity of each thing, but use the list pretty much as my shopping list and not eat anything that is not on it.  I would love for some other mothers to keep me accountable!!! eat.gif

Conservative christian, treehugger.gif, wife to my DH love.gif (10/08), BF, BW familybed1.gif mama to DS (9/09), DS (2/12) and one stork-boy.gif the way (1/14)

novaxnocirc.gif   h20homebirth.gif  

#13 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusing View Post

We try to eat a WAPF diet as much as we can, but now that I'm pregnant again, I have decided to go full force and follow the pregnancy diet.  I know I will struggle with it (I really don't like organ meats), but if I can start out strong then at least I will be starting at a higher place if I falter.  Since I am a bit overweight to start, I am not going to worry as much about the quantity of each thing, but use the list pretty much as my shopping list and not eat anything that is not on it.  I would love for some other mothers to keep me accountable!!! eat.gif

I like that idea of keeping tabs on each other...lets try to continue this and check in throughout the pregnancies! It is so hard to not get side-tracked with the cravings and ease of other foods!

#14 of 40 Old 06-21-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NourishCreate View Post

yippiehippe-   I like chicken livers too!  I try to eat the chicken liver pate once a week.  I just buy a bunch and then freeze them in individual portion sizes, and de thaw each time I make pate (just enough for 4 crackers worth)

I've had beef liver (and have it in the freezer), and I hide it in meatloaf- but the flavor is much stronger so I'm not a regular with that kind!

I've been swallowing a spoonful of frozen salmon roe 1x/week.  I'm not a big fan of eating it, besides on sushi- so I figure this is one way to get it in!

Where do you get your roe? Do you have to ask for it or is it out at some stores?

#15 of 40 Old 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM

I've never actually tried chicken livers, only lamb.  Maybe chicken livers would be easier on the taste buds.  Can anyone recommend a good chicken liver recipe from NT?

Also, I've been choking down the cinnamon flavoured FCLO, and yesterday got the chocolate cream FCLO thinking it would be easier to take, but its so incredibly fishy!  The cinnamon even though its so overpowering, does a much better job of covering up that fishy taste.  So, any recommendations of other flavours that are bit more palatable?

Mama to one big wild wonderful girl (9), one beautiful big boy in heaven brokenheart.gif (4), one sweet feisty little rainbow1284.gif girl (3), angel.gif Jan '11, angel.gif May '11, angel.gif July '11 and expecting a rainbow1284.gif again 14/9/12.  Wow!  Another precious boy!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*stork-boy.gifbabyboy.gif

#16 of 40 Old 06-24-2011, 06:23 PM

Milano -- I think they're best just fried with butter, but I guess that doesn't work if you don't like them;) NT recommends for babies to freeze them, then grate them finely into egg yolk. You could use whatever, I wonder if it'd be a good idea for you to hide the taste and texture?

#17 of 40 Old 07-07-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

does anyone know of forums on here about WAPF  eating during pregnancy?  Links?

When I feel tired and sluggish- it's hard to make a nice meal!     Hoping my preconception diet is helping out, because I admit, i've reached for the cereal box when I needed something *fast*!

It was much easier to eat WAPF during preconception because I had the energy to keep up with it-  now I'm just trying to feel better! 

I feel better when I eat- for about an hour after eating, then my energy drops again.

What are some high protein/fat   quick food ideas you've been using?

Any foods that make you feel better?

#18 of 40 Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Yep!!

During my pregnancy I drank the eggnog everyday (raw eggs.. good ones with raw milk, honey, nutmeg and cinnamon).  I know raw milk is expensive but it is such a staple in our home... we found a way to afford it.  Cod liver oil, grass fed beef, beef broths... cooked all our soups and grains (soaked) with them.  Cooked with coconut oils along with fats from the broth we made.  My husband is a traditional foods cook, super lucky there.  Ate a ton of soaked then baked almonds... good quick protein snack NourishCreate!  "Crispy nuts" in NT.  Drank kombucha the whole time.  My MW wasn't on board with the idea of raw milk but I followed my gut. 

It was really hard to choke down the organ meats....  we froze them and grated them on my foods and that was much easier to get down.  You have the right idea putting it in other foods. 

I did not follow it completely... couldn't get into all of it but I really do not think it is completely healthy to follow a particular diet to a T.  I was at about 80%.  I also took New Chapters Perfect Prenatals for my vitamins at the advice of my co-worker and WAPF chapter leader. 

Wanted to add.... I am celiacs and lactose intolerant (raw milk is digestible for me).  I truly believe GF is an awesome way to be while pregnant/nursing.  For me, it is just the way it is...  but gluten is horrible to me, regardless. 

Good luck ladies.  My kiddo is almost 2 and so advanced and wicked smart.  I contribute it to this path! 

'09   
#19 of 40 Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

goldenwillow-  thanks for sharing!  So lucky your husband does food prep!   I'm totally feeling like I just need someone to cook for me for a few weeks and I'll be fine!  I want to eat, but food prep is my weakness right now.

And thank you for saying egg nog!   I so want this right now!  Thank you!!!  I'm going to go make some!

#20 of 40 Old 07-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Hi everyone!

Aside from the organ meats (I have a source now for pastured chicken livers, so we'll see, I've never been a fan of liver) we tend to follow the WAPF guidelines fairly well. I need to get my kombucha going again, and other fermented veg, but we do raw milk, cod liver oil, raw milk cheese, butter, pastured beef/chicken, pastured chicken eggs, no soy, no msg, very little sugar, etc etc. We've been eating this way since my daughter was very small, and I'm sure her health is due to that fact. I'm just sad I didn't discover "real" food before I had her. Now, with this second baby, I know better!

I find the sheer volume of food you're expected to eat is overwhelming. And I'm not nauseous!  I do find my appetite is lessened, but not by much, and there's no way I could eat all that on a good day! I mean, yesterday, all I had was a sausage (pastured pork, no nitrates) for lunch and a hamburger/french fries for supper! I had zero vegetables other than the potatoes, and no fruit. Sad, I know. I had a gelatin fruit popsicle for breakfast, does that count? LOL

To the poster re broth - I do mine in the crockpot. I throw in the bones and water with a splash of vinegar on low overnight, then in the AM I add carrot and onion, and cook for one more hour. Then I let it sit for an hour to cool, then strain, remove the meat from bones, and chill/freeze the broth. It makes enough to make one BIG pot of soup using all broth, or several jars for soaking/rice/quinoa etc. The best part is that it doesn't heat up the kitchen. I have it on the counter right beside my dual fan that is set to suck the heat out of the kitchen into the outdoors.

Rebecca, mother of one beautiful girl born May 9, 2008, wife to Ben since June 30, 2007, and angel1.gif July 9, 2011.

#21 of 40 Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Fantastic all of you! 

The no soy....  my goodness....   no way.  I have, on occasion, done fermented soy... which I think is A-ok.   I have to say... I was 3 months in when I was lead to this way of thinking, however I was GF for 6+ years.  I can attest that I am a believer/do-er of this way of thinking.  Follow your gut ladies. 

Ok... yes my love does food prep..... I am his sous...  so I am able to be apart of the end product.  He is my cook and I am his cleaner... sort of speak..... nice balance.

I was so happy to see this thread.  Good work gals!!!  joy.gif

Oh... and to add... eat what is comfortable to you....  your body knows what it needs... just listen.

'09   
#22 of 40 Old 07-08-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryMac View Post

To the poster re broth - I do mine in the crockpot. I throw in the bones and water with a splash of vinegar on low overnight, then in the AM I add carrot and onion, and cook for one more hour. Then I let it sit for an hour to cool, then strain, remove the meat from bones, and chill/freeze the broth. It makes enough to make one BIG pot of soup using all broth, or several jars for soaking/rice/quinoa etc. The best part is that it doesn't heat up the kitchen. I have it on the counter right beside my dual fan that is set to suck the heat out of the kitchen into the outdoors.

Good idea, I use my crock for everything, wonder why I never thought of it for broth?

We have a whole, organic chicken every week, at least once, and so there's my liver/organs once/week too, and we make broth with the rest. DS LOVES his broth and drinks it straight out of the fridge every lunch:) I can't say the same for myself, so I try to cook with it as much as possible. I've found soups are pretty easy and I can usually stomach them. Split pea soup is a favorite of mine for pregnancy, so easy and has some protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwillow View Post

Yep!!

During my pregnancy I drank the eggnog everyday (raw eggs.. good ones with raw milk, honey, nutmeg and cinnamon).  I know raw milk is expensive but it is such a staple in our home... we found a way to afford it.  Cod liver oil, grass fed beef, beef broths... cooked all our soups and grains (soaked) with them.  Cooked with coconut oils along with fats from the broth we made.  My husband is a traditional foods cook, super lucky there.  Ate a ton of soaked then baked almonds... good quick protein snack NourishCreate!  "Crispy nuts" in NT.  Drank kombucha the whole time.  My MW wasn't on board with the idea of raw milk but I followed my gut. 

Glad to hear you drank buch the whole time, I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions on it. We've been brewing for a while now and I don't really crave it or even want it much these days. We've decided to halt brewing for a while, mostly b/c I just don't want to have to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwillow View Post

Fantastic all of you! 

The no soy....  my goodness....   no way.  I have, on occasion, done fermented soy... which I think is A-ok.   I have to say... I was 3 months in when I was lead to this way of thinking, however I was GF for 6+ years.  I can attest that I am a believer/do-er of this way of thinking.  Follow your gut ladies. 

Ok... yes my love does food prep..... I am his sous...  so I am able to be apart of the end product.  He is my cook and I am his cleaner... sort of speak..... nice balance.

I was so happy to see this thread.  Good work gals!!!  joy.gif

Oh... and to add... eat what is comfortable to you....  your body knows what it needs... just listen.

Funny, me and DH work as a team, but opposite (I cook, he does ALL the clean up)!

Some more quick protein ideas: hard boiled eggs - I try to have some on hand always, smoothies w/homeade yogurt, frozen fruit, and coconut oil (you could add an egg to it, but I can't stomach raw eggs now!), I get canned fish like sardines and eat those w/crackers.

MS has really set in this week and I've had to really think about what I'm able to put in my mouth at the time. Unfortunately, it's usually carbs that sound the best recently:(

diaperswappers.com has a really good forum for WAPF, a new thread each week, so that's a good place for advice too.

#23 of 40 Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 PM

For liver, I've been doing the freeze dried liver, 4 capsules a day. I bought mine from Dr. Ron's: http://www.drrons.com/thyroid-adrenal-liver-pancreas-glandulars.htm

The thought of consuming liver, also makes me want to gag. 

Expecting #1 in February 2012. Have two furbabies. Kiadog2.gif Bootsie dog2.gif goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif

#24 of 40 Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM

I've now stumbled across bits and pieces of information about Weston Price on several sites, and I am very intrigued by/interested in the whole idea.  I am going to read up more on it.  It sounds like it makes a lot of sense.  Have you noticed any specific positive results of this nutritional plan yet?

#25 of 40 Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

Glad to hear you drank buch the whole time, I've gotten a lot of mixed opinions on it. We've been brewing for a while now and I don't really crave it or even want it much these days. We've decided to halt brewing for a while, mostly b/c I just don't want to have to worry about it.

Funny, me and DH work as a team, but opposite (I cook, he does ALL the clean up)!

Some more quick protein ideas: hard boiled eggs - I try to have some on hand always, smoothies w/homeade yogurt, frozen fruit, and coconut oil (you could add an egg to it, but I can't stomach raw eggs now!), I get canned fish like sardines and eat those w/crackers.

MS has really set in this week and I've had to really think about what I'm able to put in my mouth at the time. Unfortunately, it's usually carbs that sound the best recently:(

diaperswappers.com has a really good forum for WAPF, a new thread each week, so that's a good place for advice too.

Love hearing that there are others like us.  We have a lot of fun cooking together. 

Kombucha....  I had to flavor it with ginger to get it down.  It was tough but I did it (4oz at meals).   I too heard mixed opinion... I continued because it really helps my digestion.  Same with the raw eggs (getting them down).  I could only do it in eggnog, then froze it so it was like a shake. 

'09   
#26 of 40 Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

buggysmum-  YES I've had great health from doing more WAPF eating.  I've had tooth decay my whole life, and I've finally had 2 appointments without any decay!  I've also had my eyesight prescription improve.  It also saved me from postpartum depression.   Cod liver oil to boot :)    Babies need lots of these nutrients and will take from your body, so if you can (try) to provide what you and your baby needs (animal fats, fish, butter, etc)  then it's less of a strain on your body- at least I think so!    

about kombucha- I've probably only had a few batches of it i've made myself, but I prefer it made with herbal tea (like peach or roobois)  and then it tastes awesome. :)   I can only tolerate a little at a time though.  I've kept my mushroom in the fridge for months in a jar- and it's still doing it's thing- I have  a batch on the counter right now,  I'm going to try it and see what my body thinks, to see if I'll drink it or not!

I need to be having more broth- since you mentioned it!!  I wish my daughter would drink it!   She's finally eating soups so, that's a good thing.  (she's 3)

I will try diaperswappers for a wapf forum.    BUT I'm so glad to see there are some of us here that can support each other.     

I've been craving protein a lot, and it makes me feel great, but I need to work on the faster easier versions of protein. (and I mean animal protein, nuts and seeds hold me off for like 5 minutes tops) 

I'm gonna go eat some sardines, thanks for the idea.

Oh yeah,  for raw eggs- I've been having them even before I was preggo, but I put them in my smoothies.   Usually just one egg yolk is all.    My fav  smoothie is kefir, frozen rasp, frozen strawberries, a spoonful of raw honey and an egg yolk.  I often add in extra probiotics and bee pollen (it's full of amino acids- like a complete protein.)  You can't taste the eggs at all!

#27 of 40 Old 07-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Nourish - that's awesome about your teeth and eyes! How long have you been doing the diet? I never even thought about my eyes getting better, but that would be awesome! 

I used to add bee pollen to smoothies, but can totally taste it and it completely ruins it for me! I absolutely hate bee pollen so I finally just gave up. DH was going to encapsulate what we had left but didnt, so I got mad and threw it out! I'll have to try the egg in smoothies.

I have a CLO question, what's up with the sludge at the bottom? I got to the end of it and it's not "oil" anymore, but thick, gritty yukness:( Did I not shake it up enough?

Goldenwillow - I put ginger in all my kombucha, yum! We have a bunch of it in the fridge and I just drink it when I feel like it. When we run out I'll make some or buy some, it's such a process to make each batch and I'm too tired to do it:(

I'm going to have to get used to the raw egg thing soon, we'll be getting chickens when we move to our new house in the next couple months! Yay for fresh eggs! We're also getting goats and tilapia and hubs wants bees. Oh, and I don't have a garden now, so that will be nice to have fresh fruits and veggies too! Anyone else grow/raise there own food? We'll have 2 acres if anyone has experience with this.

#28 of 40 Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

I've been eating more and more WAPF traditional foods over the past 3 years. I learned about it when my daughter was 10 months old. She's 3.5 now.    I started with cod liver oil, and that was the clincher for me as it greatly relieved my mood swings and blues.    Of course i'm never 100% on top of eating this way, but I aim for 80% traditional foods.   During this pregnancy (when it's most important of course!)  has been the hardest to keep up with the food prep, so I've been slacking on properly prepared grains (buying bread)   and I've ran to my husbands box of cereal (one thing He wont part with-which I never eat usually!)  when I've needed something fast.    BUT I feel so much more energy when I put the energy into making and eating the good foods.   I do eat eggs everyday, and they give me lots of energy.  

I've been taking LESS cod liver oil during pregnancy, because I had an inkling it might have had something to do with my spotting....odd I know.  But I think it was thinning my blood too much maybe!   So I just take less of it that I was before.   

We have chickens, but it's a learning experience, we've never gotten eggs from them though!  I say start with just buying laying hens-  we've gotten baby chicks and they were mostly roosters.  cockadoodle 4am!

We have a garden, but i'm also still learning.  Something always eats or rots my plants!   But I have had success with green beans and peas this year!  

#29 of 40 Old 07-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Nourish- My LO (almost 2) doesn't prefer to drink broth much... we just cook grains with it for him or still puree some veggies with it. 

yippiehipie- We do have a garden.  Not huge as we do not need a huge one for us 3.  We still end up donating to the food bank.  We actually watered our garden when our kiddo was born with our birth water... that was the biggest garden harvest year we have EVER had.  I'd say you would benefit from shaking your CLO bottle each time.  What color was the sludge? 

TF diet can be tough to keep up with all the prep.... I remember feeling down that I couldn't do it, DH too.  Do the best you can.  I do not think it is positive to follow any 1 diet 100%, KWIM? 

'09   
#30 of 40 Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 PM

Nourish, I was leaning more towards just getting the laying hens, guess I definitely will!

Golden, what a fabulous idea about the birth water! I'm gonna see if we can do that (I'm sure I'll have another water baby, we'll have a large soaker tub).

The sludgy stuff is the same dark brown color as the oil. I'm ordering more soon, I'll remember to shake it! Speaking of, how much CLO does everyone take? If I took what's recommended for us we'd go broke! 

Oh, yeah, and another CLO question. DS's chin where the oil gets turns red after taking it, goes away fairly soon (w/in an hour), but I figured it was some sort of allergic reaction. Then a friend told me it's normal, anyone else?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page