showing...already?!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 06-17-2011, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am 6wk2days, and this is my 4th pregnancy (1 m/c)...but I can't believe I'm showing already. And its not just me being self conscious....even my husband admitted :)

seems so early for a belly...I almost feel like I have to tell people now because its pretty obvious.

anyone else?

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#2 of 21 Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM

This is my 4th pregnancy (but third child) and I definitely have a little pooch. I do have some extra "padding" left over but not a lot. When I press down on my stomach under my belly button it feels firm. It's not to the point that I need maternity pants or anything yet. I also noticed if I lay on my stomach it feels like I'm laying on a bundle of sheets or something. lol.gif

I've always shown sort of early with all of my kids though. I'm even down a few lbs. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#3 of 21 Old 06-17-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm 5wks 2d and showingduck.gifWith my first it started around 3 months!! Now it looks like I'm 3 months pregnant!!!

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#4 of 21 Old 06-17-2011, 09:47 PM

lol- i look about 6 months pregnant. And I have ever since I was pregnant with my last child. So it is not a *new to this pregnancy* thing. Kinda makes me feel a bit fat:/ Oh well. Now I can blame it on the baby, and I can quit trying to suck it all in:)

jul511riv likes this.

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#5 of 21 Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

that's exactly how I feel like I look...about 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by memz View Post

I'm 5wks 2d and showingduck.gifWith my first it started around 3 months!! Now it looks like I'm 3 months pregnant!!!

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#6 of 21 Old 06-18-2011, 04:17 AM

I am showing at 5 weeks...bloat mostly.

Shelly

#7 of 21 Old 06-18-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanoish View Post

This is my 4th pregnancy (but third child) and I definitely have a little pooch. I do have some extra "padding" left over but not a lot. When I press down on my stomach under my belly button it feels firm. It's not to the point that I need maternity pants or anything yet. I also noticed if I lay on my stomach it feels like I'm laying on a bundle of sheets or something. lol.gif

I've always shown sort of early with all of my kids though. I'm even down a few lbs. 

yeahthat.gif (although only my third pregnancy).  It does seem like I'm showing earlier, and when I rolled over in bed, I sure wasn't expecting the extra pressure!  Here's hoping that I don't gain more weight with this pregnancy than in my past pregnancies - I've been lucky, 25 lbs with each pregnancy, and tend to lose it quickly after babe is born.

Baby on my hip, preschooler on my lap, kindergartener climbing my back, bird on my shoulder, dog at my feet, DH holding us all together.  love.gif

stork-suprise.gif arriving Jun 2014

#8 of 21 Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 PM

I swear I have a little bump! I'm 6 weeks, 2nd pregnancy but the first only made it to 10.5 weeks. I told my dad today and supposedly he always right about predicting gender, out of nowhere he asked me if twins are in my DH's family. I told him no, but I took Clomid and did Accupuncuture so I have an increased risk for twins. He's has a twin, boy and girl feeling. I have a twin feeling too, but not sure if that's just my overactive imagination. My DH is actually the sensitive/physic one so if he has a twin feeling then I would be certain, but he hasn't said anything about it and is way nervous about twins. I have an early ultrasound on Wednesday, so we'll find out soon!

I'm also having problems sleeping on my back and stomach. I feel like I'm all out of alignment and can't get comfortable. I hate sleeping on my side, so nervous for when I get bigger and its recommended.

jul511riv likes this.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#9 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I did IVF and I gained a few pounds and got a super bloated belly with that - being pregnant has just made it worse... so I guess I got a head start on showing. I've been wearing yoga pants because pants with a belt are not comfortable. 

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#10 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM

:( i am showing, too.  i have a pretty large fibroid so that makes my belly large pretty early on.  that's so icky it's hard to think about though. 

still wearing regular clothes though.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#11 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 03:14 PM

I'm not showing yet (meaning I don't have an identifiable baby bump) but my waistline has definitely expanded a bit. My jeans are uncomfortably tight around the waist so I've been leaving the button undone.  Since this is my first pregnancy, I thought I would have another month before my clothes stopped fitting! 

#12 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 05:23 PM

It's not really showing yet, but I noticed my belly got a little bigger already! I switched to pregnancy pants about a week ago. I still fit in the normal ones, but they feel so uncomfortable!!!

hippie.gifintactlact.giffemalesling.GIF mama to my little baby fairydust.gif(07/27/10) and expecting stork-suprise.gif in february 2012

#13 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM

I put on my skinny jeans today and could barely button them! I didn't even put them in the dryer! They just start fitting again too. I'm considering pulling out the maternity pants I bought last time but didn't get a chance to wear.

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#14 of 21 Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 PM

I was in mat pants by 10 weeks with my first so I expect it will be even sooner with this little bean *sigh* I swear I am already a bit poochy at just 4.5 weeks, but I think it is all evening bloat. The belly is flat in the morning.

#15 of 21 Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Second pregnancy, and I also feel as though I'm showing at 7 weeks. Not like you'd know, but I can tell. Pants still fit okay though. 

#16 of 21 Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM

I feel like I've been showing since my BFP! biggrinbounce.gif I never lost all the baby weight from DS, so I still look like I'm 3 months pregnant.  I've had more bloating though since about 5 weeks, my husband noticed my belly popping out more.  I've been using my bella bands too, which helps.  I'm ready to look really pregnant though, I'm tired of my belly looking like a deflated ballon.  belly.gif

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#17 of 21 Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM

I just found out and I'm already bloated lol. Even my butt is bloated lol. (come on, these pants fit last week)

With my last pg I HAD to tell at 8 weeks because people were like. Yeah. You're showing lol. Hey thanks.

I have separated abs from my first pregnancy and my uterus sits very far forward and straight up. So that's not helping!

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#18 of 21 Old 06-24-2011, 12:32 PM

All of you totally made my day! Thanks ladies! I have had a bloated belly for a couple weeks. I am vegan and lost all the baby fat from my first three pregnancies years ago. So I was SHOCKED to sport a belly this early! Don't get me wrong, I adore being pregnant, I love maternity clothes but i agree with you about telling everyone that I am pregnant (now that I've heard a heartbeat) and that this belly has a purpose! Do any of you associate your bloat with certain foods? I just can't figure mine out???

#19 of 21 Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Its become apparent that I've grown a big booty! I've always had mainly a flat butt, and its gotten a little bigger as I got older, but last week my DH noticed how round its gotten. He's liking it, especially since his butt is like two basketballs, very big!  Mine is much larger than it was before! Probably doesn't help that I sit on my butt all day for work and am just too tired to work out. It's not helping my pants not fitting issue. I feel like I'm laying down padding.

#20 of 21 Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 PM

I'm feeling a little thicker in the middle, but in a "been eating too many cupcakes" kind of way, not in a cute baby bump kind of way.

And I haven't had any cupcakes.

#21 of 21 Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 AM

I was having this too, until just a few days ago. I was seriously freaked because twins run in our family and my weight was up over a pound, then two pounds and of course, that's not normal this early in. But, a couple of days ago it just cleared up and my weight is now up just under a pound and my clothes are fitting normally again. Whew! I was pretty worried about that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page