If you have another nursling, are you pumping to save some milk while you still have it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-21-2011, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm torn now. I wasn't planning to, because I figure we'll just deal with the decrease when it comes and having some frozen probably wouldn't help, and in any event, I'm not going to be able to build up a huge stash. On the other hand, I guess it couldn't hurt to save some. I don't know why it's such a pain to me to pump, but it kind of is just a nuisance. My little boy is 2.5 and still totally crazy about mama milk. He comes running to me when I get home from work, shouting "mommy milk! mommy milk, please!". :'( I do think that he likes both the milk as well as the cuddling and connecting. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-21-2011, 05:56 PM

no. i never did it with my other pgs either. we just dealt with the decrease as it came (and it came soon...)

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

#3 of 5 Old 06-23-2011, 07:24 AM

I HAD to pump, otherwise I would have exploded, I mean my boobies would:) Our freezer was full of breast milk for months to come. I also discovered that the more you pump the easier it becomes, less painful, etc. My milk supply had increased also.

I will be pumping this time around as well, its nice to have some extra on hand, especially when you're ready to leave for couple of hours for a well deserved date night for example.

#4 of 5 Old 06-23-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

you mean your milk supply got more after you got pregnant before it changed got less and changed to colostrum? i'm confused. it's not that pumping is painful for me, it's just a hassle, and i already pumped for over a year at work, and i'm just .... tired of it. and i'm wondering whether it's just prolonging the inevitable. 

#5 of 5 Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 AM

uh-uh.  not me, no way.  i don't want to put my b00bs anywhere, much less in the pump.  omg it makes me wince just thinking about it right now....

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page