Jewish Moms - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2011, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're Jewish! :D 

My DS is 19 months and i'm due with #2 in August! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

b'sha'ah tovah!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 12-03-2011, 09:40 AM

I am Jewish, but my DH is not and in fact is not a fan of religion in general. He doesn't stop me from practicing the way'I would like to do so. We plan on doing a welcoming ceremony (non-religious version of a naming ceremony I guess) in place of either a Brit or a Naming. It's not exactly the same, but it is the same idea, recognizing how special this new life is in our world and in the world in general. Not sure if it is a boy or girl yet. I will not get into my personal reasons for being a Jewish momma that is not a fan of circumcision as I have already seen quite a few statements that appear to attack others. I have already discussed this fact with my parents who are actually more supportive than I expected. If things become more respectful as the thread goes on, I would be happy to share. Also, I'm not due in February, I'm due in July, but didn't see a similar thread there.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-03-2011, 12:58 PM

You gotta do what you gotta do as a mama yanno?

I've found motherhood is one of those things that has led me to actually get a thicker skin.

Your decisions for your family are the best decisions for your family. My decisions for mine are the best for mine. You just have to let other people's opinions not get to you. Whether you're a religious Jew that decides to give the kid a bris, a humanist Jew who isn't too keen on it, or married to a Jew and feels that its not an option. There are SO many different people in the world that if we all were the same it would be a sad, lonely place to be. 

I appreciate hearing other's opinions on the topic. I am definately not a fan of RIC at ALL, but when its religious? Its a different kettle of fish.

I am going to choose not to say what we decided for our family simply for my son's privacy's sake. His "equipment" is his, and his dr's business. (I don't say this to be bitchy, but that's just how I feel)  

No matter what you do as a mama, you're gonna get judgement heaped upon you.

G-d FORBID you breastfeed past 6 months. Holy crap. You'd think I murdered someone in my living room! I've lost friends over the fact that I'm nursing, still and I'm terrified to mention the fact that I'm pregnant again, as I'm sure the judgement is going to go NUTS. Dear G-d, breastfeeding a TODDLER, but breastfeeding a TODDLER WHILE PREGNANT, holy crap, i'm in for a sh*tstorm!

Old 12-04-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

That's what Mothering was about...supporting those decisions that are a bit off the beaten path. It's such a shame that the magazine doesn't exist anymore. :(

How is everyone's preparations for Chanukah going? I still don't feel recovered from Tishray! We have a chanukah birthday and a rosh chodesh kislev birthday so it's been busy. I finally got around to taking my daughter out for our regular Rosh Chodesh outting this evening. Yes, it was belated...but it was the earliest I could get her out.

I had planned on making cut out cookies in the various shapes of the moon (cut out circles but "black out" some parts with chocolate sprinkles and leave the rest frosted white), but I just can't seem to get it together to make them. Anyone else do anything fun for Chanukah or Rosh Chodesh that they might like to share. I'm always looking for some good ideas. "Craftyness" doesn't come naturally to me.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM

I'm making homemade donuts with chocolate ganache and marshmallow fluff filling. We don't do a dessert often. I'm gonna have to hunt down my cake making supplies to find the pastry tip to put the filling in.

Most of the kid's gifts are purchased, I still need to grab some duplo blocks and a set of dishes for his pretend kitchen we got him

Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM

I haven't made any Chanukah plans yet, but I'm thinking about it. I will probably go to the Shabbat group's celebration, but beyond that I'm not sure yet. 

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-05-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Would you be willing to share your recipe, pretty please? Do you think I could recreate it in Israel...no marshmallow fluff here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetchotchkes View Post

I'm making homemade donuts with chocolate ganache and marshmallow fluff filling. We don't do a dessert often. I'm gonna have to hunt down my cake making supplies to find the pastry tip to put the filling in.
Most of the kid's gifts are purchased, I still need to grab some duplo blocks and a set of dishes for his pretend kitchen we got him

Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 PM

I'm pretty sure you can, its just like, yeast flour and basic baking ingredients (I don't' live in Israel though, i'm in the Chicago area). 

I'll post it as soon as I find the magazine its in. (hobby Farm Homes) 

User Tag List