Finally PG after Years of trying - Looking for NYC provider - Harry Lee/Jacques Moritz and/or Midwife? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies.  I'm new here.  Newly pregnant after years of trying.  Yayy!!!  We live in Bergen County, but work in the City, so I'm inclined to find an OB or midwife in NYC.  We're leaning toward Roosevelt Hospital, because they have lower intervention rates. (Besides, CSection rates in NJ are so very high.)   I'm over 40 and have had three miscarriages in the past.  We used 28-year old donor eggs this time, so things are looking good so far (again....yayyy!!!).  Betas are strong and we're looking good!  (quick, look for some wood to knock on.)

I do a fair amount of yoga, and I've come a pretty long way in the last year.  I'm in great cardiovascular health, and all of my health markers are healthy (blood pressure, sugar, etc.)  That said, I could definitely stand to lose 15 lbs, if not more.  (thank you, IVF treatments).  Because of my age - I am terrified that a C Section might be forced upon me. 

I'm looking at the Dr. Harry Lee / Jacques Moritz / Edward Jew practice, which works out of Roosevelt.  They have a midwife practice in their office as well.  Has anyone had any experience with them?  Any other recommendations?

Thank you, ladies.

Namaste 

#2 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 AM

Sending you lots of sticky sticky bean vibes, LadyMag! I hope everything goes wonderfully and you get that baby!

#3 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 AM

Congratulations and welcome from another IVFer who also had to try for years before getting pregnant both times. joy.gif

Cynthia

Wife to Matt. Mom to Alex (2/8/08). Expecting our second (2/6/12).

#4 of 4 Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Congrats and welcome from another "over 40" mum with history of losses!  Sounds like everything is looking great for you!  I hope you find some good care providers.

Mama to one big wild wonderful girl (9), one beautiful big boy in heaven brokenheart.gif (4), one sweet feisty little rainbow1284.gif girl (3), angel.gif Jan '11, angel.gif May '11, angel.gif July '11 and expecting a rainbow1284.gif again 14/9/12.  Wow!  Another precious boy!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*stork-boy.gifbabyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page