12 weeks and ready for maternity clothes?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also look like I have a flabby beer gut. The cute baby bump will come!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 AM

I was about 6 weeks along when I started shopping for maternity clothes.

It wasn't that my old clothes didn't fit anymore, it was just that any bit of pressure on my belly felt immensely uncomfortable (I mostly wear pants with a belt line at the waist).

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifteapot2.GIFfemalesling.GIFfuzmalesling.giflearning.gifgeek.gif

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 AM

I'm going camping this afternoon for the weekend and realized last night that I should pack jeans.  I dug out every pair of pants I own, even ones that are 1-2 sizes too big and I can't button a single pair-- I figures I could maybe zip them and leave them unbuttoned or something but I can't even get the fabric to connect over my bump (my totally flabby and non-cute bump, mind you).  I FINALLY dug out a hideous pair of pants with a draw string to bring.

But, really, at 13 weeks how can I be so huge?

Anyone find any really good brand of maternity jeans?  I never found any comfortable maternity pants last time.  Everything just kept falling down.  I was looking at Gap online, which is usually my favorite for jeans.  Has anyone tried there maternity jeans?

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 AM

If I were you, Id go to Target or Motherhood and get a BeBellyBand. You can leave your jeans unbuttoned and put the band over the waistline where the jeans should have connected. I leave mine almost halfway unzipped. The band is about 6 inches wide, so I fold mine in half. Its nice and smoothing, and even a little slimming. The support on your belly makes you feel less flabby, more pregnant. I wore these until about 22 weeks with DD.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I'm going camping this afternoon for the weekend and realized last night that I should pack jeans.  I dug out every pair of pants I own, even ones that are 1-2 sizes too big and I can't button a single pair-- I figures I could maybe zip them and leave them unbuttoned or something but I can't even get the fabric to connect over my bump (my totally flabby and non-cute bump, mind you).  I FINALLY dug out a hideous pair of pants with a draw string to bring.

But, really, at 13 weeks how can I be so huge?

Anyone find any really good brand of maternity jeans?  I never found any comfortable maternity pants last time.  Everything just kept falling down.  I was looking at Gap online, which is usually my favorite for jeans.  Has anyone tried there maternity jeans?

Last time I used bella bands with my jeans and work pants until I had to make the shift into maternity pants - I had the best luck with Motherhood jeans, even though almost ALL of my pants (regardless of brand) felt like they were falling off by the time I was close to 9 mos pregnant. I remember pulling out the bella bands again at the end of my pregnancy because they gave me some extra "security" and helped me keep my pants up. :)

femalesling.GIF to my DS and belly.gifwith baby #2 (due 2/2012)

Old 08-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the tip-- I'll have to go buy a Bella Band.  I think some of those jeans could do a partial zip :)

I know i had one last pregnancy but I never really used it too much.  I guess I was eager to buy maternity clothes last time?  Seems crazy now...  Maybe it will be useful this time though.  And, I can run to target before we leave so that's a plus!

As for maternity jeans, I'm hoping that with all the new waistbands out this time I may be able to find something that will stay up for  a few months at least.  It's frustrating though that it all has to be bought online and I can't try things on.  Ugh!

Thanks for the help.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
Old 08-11-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I have a pair of Gap's under the belly ones in the "Long and Lean" style and I love them (been wearing them since around eight weeks because they're so comfy!).  I got them new on eBay to save some $$ and, fortunately, the fit was true to my pre-preg size.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM

I've been living in leggings and empire waist shirts and dresses. My former "fat day" clothes have become my every day clothes!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 AM

I'm about 14 weeks and although I haven't bought maternity clothes yet, I've been wearing empire waist dresses and leggings for weeks! I feel sooo bloated all the time, jeans or really anything slim fitting are NOT an option!

User Tag List