Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

Guess: Boy
Appointment: Not yet scheduled, towards the end of September

Its a: !

DH and I both have a boy feeling. I would be surprised if its a girl. I'm hoping for a boy...

It's a GIRL! We're so surprised but thrilled. We're naming her Seraphina Louise.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#92 of 105 Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Congrats to everyone who has been able to find out! We had our ultrasound this morning and baby did not cooperate and had it's legs crossed the whole time so we still don't know what we're having. I've booked a private ultrasound for Sept. 27 to see if we can get a peek at the sex, but if not I guess it will have to be a surprise smile.gif

#93 of 105 Old 09-23-2011, 01:08 PM

It's a BOY!   Found out today on 9/23/11    Everything measured exactly on to the DAY!  (19w2d due Feb 15th) (It's great knowing your ovulation date!)   Such a healthy boy- i'm so happy! And the placenta is at the top of my uterus! hooray!   

Quote:
Originally Posted by NourishCreate View Post

Guess:   Boy

Appointment:  Not yet scheduled, but around 20 weeks (sometime in September)  (I'm 13 weeks right now)

DH wants to know gender, I was going to go for no ultrasounds this pg, but  i'm on board with one, because i'd like to know the gender too now!

We cannot find a boy name for the life of us, so part of me wants it to be a girl just so we have options for names (not that we've agreed on one yet, but we at least have ones we like,  with boy names- nothing sounds good to us!!)   If it's a boy, I plan to keep him intact, although DH and I have yet to agree on that, so if it's a boy we have a lot of research to do- for staying intact and for finding a name!!   I think it's a boy bc this topic has actually come up in conversation- and with #1 we never even thought/talked about it!  who knows!

With #1 I thought she was a boy, and when the ultrasound showed girl I was in disbelief, and watched the video over and over to convince myself. I was thrilled. :)  

Also to add to my quote, before we learned gender, I felt impressed to talk to DH about if it is a boy keeping him intact. He hesitantly agreed to keep our son intact. Made finding out if it's a boy so much more relaxing afterwards!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
#94 of 105 Old 09-25-2011, 12:06 PM

Appt: 9-30-11

I knew in my heart of hearts that DS was a girl (as did everyone in my family). In fact, I was so sure I really did not feel the need to find out sex at our big u/s. However, DH insisted that we find out, so we did. Oh my goodness, I was in shock to hear that my little girl had a penis (until it finally registered that he was a BOY).

So, I put very little faith in my intuition about baby #2, but I am feeling "boy". Very excited to know either way though!

#95 of 105 Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM

GIRL!  I'm thrilled. DH is a little disappointed though he's pretty pleased not to have to argue about circumcision or have to buy any clothes.   DD seems pretty thrilled too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

Guess:  Girl

Appointment: 9/26

It's a: .......................

It's really a total guess on my part but this pregnancy feel much like mine with DD so that seems like it might mean another girl... or not.  I just asked, DD thinks girl.  DH thinks boy.  We'll see in a few weeks or so! 

Edited for appt date.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#96 of 105 Old 09-27-2011, 07:19 PM

It's a GIRL! I had my private scan today and the baby was very obviously a girl. I would have been happy either way, but I'm pleased to be having another girl, and my dd is excited to have a little sister :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaynesMom View Post

We find out: Sept. 23

It's a: ?

It's so exciting to see some people have found out already, I can't wait! We definitely want to know what we're having, all the dreams I've had about this baby it's been a boy. All of our baby clothes are pink, pink, pink, so if it's a boy we'd like to buy some other colors too, and dh and I had such a hard time deciding on a name for our first that it will be much easier to have it narrowed to down to either boy or girl names. My dh doesn't have a preference, but I'm hoping a little more for a second girl. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment, and have all girl clothes already, so it would be much easier. I'm just excited to (hopefully) find out either way though :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaynesMom View Post

Congrats to everyone who has been able to find out! We had our ultrasound this morning and baby did not cooperate and had it's legs crossed the whole time so we still don't know what we're having. I've booked a private ultrasound for Sept. 27 to see if we can get a peek at the sex, but if not I guess it will have to be a surprise smile.gif

#97 of 105 Old 10-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post

Appt: 9-30-11

I knew in my heart of hearts that DS was a girl (as did everyone in my family). In fact, I was so sure I really did not feel the need to find out sex at our big u/s. However, DH insisted that we find out, so we did. Oh my goodness, I was in shock to hear that my little girl had a penis (until it finally registered that he was a BOY).

So, I put very little faith in my intuition about baby #2, but I am feeling "boy". Very excited to know either way though!

UPDATE: It's a BOY!!! Very active and very quick to show off his boy parts (his big brother was the exact same way). All looked healthy on the u/s, blood work all normal, and placenta has moved away from cervix so and I have been dismissed from high risk care (you know, due to my advanced maternal age and the fact that my placenta was low lying earlier in the preg.). Very happy and so so SO ready to receive care from my midwife.

#98 of 105 Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 PM

So happy to hear about everyone's scans and sweet babies!

We finally had our anatomy scan this morning (I'm 19 weeks) and we found out it's a GIRL!!! I really thought I was going to be having a boy, but nope, it's another girl for us :) DH is tickled pink (he REALLY wanted another little girl--mostly because we already have girl stuff and he's super cheap) and I am thrilled to be having another little girl. I have three sisters (no brothers) so I am so excited for Jordan to have a sister as well.

Health-wise, the baby looks perfect and is actually measuring a few days ahead. She was very active and flipped a couple of times during the exam. My cervix is also long and closed, thank goodness, and there are no signs of funneling from the inside (when the cervix begins to open from the inside out) so it looks as though my cerclage is doing its job, yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShannon View Post

I'll play!!!

Guess: BOY

Appointment: Tuesday October 4th

It's a: !

We have a 2.5 year old DD. I thought she was a boy, too, ha! So we'll see if I'm actually right this time. I thought I might want to wait to find out the gender, but I really just don't think I'm going to have the patience to wait it out. Plus if it's another girl, I'm going to want to dig her old clothes out of the garage and get them picked through and cleaned up before baby comes (not that it would take me THAT long, but it's my most compelling excuse to find out the gender as of yet...)

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
#99 of 105 Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM

I thought for sure it was a girl!! I was so sure I even bought a few girly outfits!

guess- girl

scan- 10/4

Its a BOY! due 2/24/12

So we'll have 2 girls and 2 boys :)

~mama to some wonderful kids
#100 of 105 Old 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tea View Post

I thought for sure it was a girl!! I was so sure I even bought a few girly outfits!

guess- girl

scan- 10/4

Its a BOY! due 2/24/12

So we'll have 2 girls and 2 boys :)

I thought for sure I was having a girl too!  I came really close to buying a few girlier items early on, but DP stopped me and I promised not to buy anything gender specific until we learned the sex, haha. 

Congrats to everyone for their healthy baby boys and girls!

#101 of 105 Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 PM

I thought this one was a boy... It's a girl!! Totally surprised!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#102 of 105 Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM

It's a Boy! Finally got the anatomy scan done and he was all squished in there so we almost couldn't find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzubo View Post

Appointment: Early September.

We really don't care, but lately I've been wanting a boy just to stop arguing over girl names. I finally told DH we've got to agree on 2 girl names before the gender check. I don't want to be disappointed with a girl just because we're too stubborn to agree on a name.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#103 of 105 Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Guess: Girl - I initially thought it was a boy since I already have a girl, but my dd is convinced she's having a baby sister and 2 other people have predicted girl and the timing of conception would favor girl, so I'm thinking it might be a girl but I really have no idea.  With dd I had strong feelings she was a girl but I think it was just wishful thinking because I really wanted a girl.  With this one, I will be thrilled either way and I don't really have a strong feeling one way or the other if it's a boy or a girl.  It would be fun to have one of each and I think DH wants a son (although he says it doesn't really matter and he would be happy with another girl).  I grew up in a family of 3 girls and I LOVE having sister so I'll also be excited if dd gets a little sister. 

Appointment - not sure - I'm almost 16 weeks so probably in the next 4-6 weeks

It's a BOY!!!!

We were told DD was a boy at our 21 week ultrasound when we were living in Tanzania - this time it was unmistakably a boy!  DD didn't believe the tech and said, no it's a girl.  I'm excited but also nervous - I grew up with 2 sisters and I have no idea what to do with a little boy!!  My only disappointed is that DD really wanted a sister, so I'm a little sad for her.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#104 of 105 Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

We had our ultrasound today.  It's a BOY!!  I think all three of us had gotten used to the idea of a girl, and boy were we surprised! joy.gif  Michael threw a fit and was NOT happy.  I think someone convinced him a baby sister would be more fun eyesroll.gif.  I wish adults would keep their yaps closed.  Oh well.  He seems more excited now, and at least he has 4 months to adjust :).

#105 of 105 Old 10-09-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much2luv View Post

I'll play too. :)

Guess: Girl

Appt: In 4 to 6 weeks. 

It's a . . . BOY!

I've got four girls and cannot imagine anything different coming from this union, so that's my best guess. ;)

Surprise Surprise! That was a shock to me. :) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page