Energy.. Where are you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

All I want to do is sleep. My formally clean house is now a disaster and I'm having a hard time keeping up with my very energetic 5 year old ds. Tips for energy and motivation?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 PM

I wanted to reply to your post but dozed off at my desk before I got around to it wink1.gif.  Sorry.  No tips here...just a note to say I feel your pain!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

HA!  Me too! 

I tried eating a lot of fruit today... nothing, so I drank two cups of coffee.  I'm not falling asleep at work, they do mean things to each other... and I have it coming to me, I'm always the one with the sharpie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver sarah View Post

I wanted to reply to your post but dozed off at my desk before I got around to it wink1.gif.  Sorry.  No tips here...just a note to say I feel your pain!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:48 PM

I'm no help either. This #$@%%!% nausea is taking it all out of me. :(

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 08-17-2011, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I don't have many tips either, but I can sympathize!  I work part time at a very flexible job - I have summers off but Aug is the craziest month for me - dd has been having a hard time adjusting to me being back at work after being there 24/7 all summer, and as a result she hasn't been sleeping well.  I am so tired all the time and have very little motivation to do anything.  My house is a mess!  After dd goes to bed I just want to sleep/watch tv/come on mothering.com.

One thing that was helping was taking a walk with dd in her stroller every morning after breakfast - the combination of exercise and fresh air gave me some energy.  Now that I'm working I haven't kept it up, but it was really helping with the exhaustion during the first trimester.  I'm hoping to get back into that routine in sept when work calms down a bit

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

Old 08-17-2011, 10:03 PM

I was coming on tonight so vent about the same thing! I am 15 weeks, even my midwife said my energy levels should be coming back, but I still feel SO exhausted. Even with taking a 1:00 nap with my kids, by 5 or 6, I'm wiped. my house is a wreck.

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 PM

I hear you all. I have been absolutely worthless every afternoon. The nausea has calmed down though, so I am just trying to go with it and let myself rest, after getting as much done as I can in the morning hours. 

Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 AM

I am super tired.   First trimester was constant exhaustion and DH was understanding but now with second it is more sporadic and sudden, and DH is less empathatic when I need to sleep basically all day!

User Tag List