anyone NOT feeling movement yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 17 1/2 weeks and haven't felt any "confirmed" movement yet. This is my 3rd and everyone told me I would feel movement earlier. ?? Maybe I just have a "quiet" one this time. (please oh pretty please! ;-) )

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM

I'm 17w today and still haven't felt anything.  Or at least I don't think I have.  I'm a FTM so I know it's supposed to come a bit later.  Also, I was a bit heavier than I wanted to be when I got PG and I know that sometimes means you don't feel movement early on.  But I'm feeling all kinds of impatient.  And growing tired of getting all excited when I feel "activity" in my abdomen to just have my hopes dashed by passing gas a few moments later...redface.gif

Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 PM

i've only felt a thump or two, nothing more, and this is my second- i'm around 16 weeks. 

do you have anterior placenta?  i did with dd and with this one too, so it's harder to feel things most of the time if so.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM

14 weeks with twins and have felt  nothing, I can't wait.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM

So I thought I felt something around 14 weeks but I'm now 17w1d and I still can't tell if I'm feeling gas or movement. Because every time I think I feel something I fart. Which is half sad and half hilarious. I felt my older kids way sooner than this so I'm sad to be missing out on for sure movements right now.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

I am very thin (only 122ish lbs at 17 weeks) so that shouldn't be an issue and I have a posterior flexed uterus but I think it has straightened up some with the pregnancy. I am sure I will start feeling things soon and I have felt a little bump or flutter a few times just can't be sure it is baby either. Feeling baby move is one of the best parts of pregnancy for me so I hope to feel it soon!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 PM

15 weeks today and nothing.  I only have a really small bump, so I'm hoping it's all coming soon!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM

I saw the doc today.  He said with an anterior placenta that he wouldn't think I'd feel much at all until after 20 weeks.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Old 08-30-2011, 01:54 PM

I'm at 17w5 and felt a "bloop" of something on Sunday, but nothing else. It's my first, so I'm still waiting around to get some movement going! :)

Old 08-31-2011, 04:11 AM

I'm not sure!   I am 18w4d and I cant say for sure it is movement that I feel... as of last night I am getting more and more convinced but I have been saying that for two weeks!!

I am actually thinking of stopping by my midwife's just to hear the heartbeat because I am slightly worried!  (I know I am freaking myself out about it, I know it is totally normal to not feel it yet)

Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 AM

I take it back!!!  I felt flutters all yesterday afternoon!   :)

Old 09-01-2011, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations of feeling movement! :)

I have felt some bubbles or flutters but still am not 100% sure it is baby and I only feel it when laying down...Can't wait to feel baby aerobics.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 PM

A friend just returned from a trip to Belgium and brought us back some AMAZING chocolate.  Last night, about 20min after indulging in a few after-dinner pieces, I felt a flutter and then again about 5 min later.  Could it be that this baby already has expensive taste in chocolate?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Okay  I am officially 20 weeks now and finally feeling some definite movement. It isn't constant but at least once or twice a day. :) Finally!

User Tag List