BH already?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else already experiencing these? I'm only about 16w (if even) and have felt what feels like BH for a week now. The only thing is that I can't really feel it if I touch my tum from the outside, but it totally feels like this is what it is. I had them early w/DS and A LOT of them so maybe it's just my body.shrug.gif

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#2 of 20 Old 08-29-2011, 04:57 PM

I've felt a few.  I've heard they can begin really early on, and usually people don't notice them until the uterus is bigger.  I think that's right but I'm not sure!

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#3 of 20 Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM

Sorry, what is a BH?

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#4 of 20 Old 08-29-2011, 07:55 PM

Yes, I have definitely been feeling them.  I am also not able to feel any tightening from the outside, but that is definitely what is going on.  I'd recognize THAT anywhere!  LOL

(PS - TeamGR, "BH" is short for Braxton-Hicks.)

So, I've pretty much learned over the years that BH get stronger, earlier, with each subsequent pregnancy.  Considering how strong mine already are (actually uncomfortable at times) and I am just 17w3d, I have a feeling I'm in for it.  Heheh... well, I just tell myself it's good for my over-worked uterus!

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#5 of 20 Old 08-30-2011, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter

I kinda wonder if it's all the RRL tea I drink - if so it sure works those muscles!

Those of you that have early/stronger BHs, have your previous labors been shorter? Mine w/DS was pretty fast (5hrs) and "efficient";) 

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#6 of 20 Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM

BH contrax usually start around 12 weeks or so, but most people can't feel them. I have always felt them early. Around 17 weeks with DS and 13 weeks with DD. This one it was around 15 weeks or so. I think it's totally normal! My mom said she always had them really early too.

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#7 of 20 Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 AM

Cant feel em yet... I can barely feel anything at all I am starting to get discouraged!!!

#8 of 20 Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 PM

I think that's what I'm feeling! I didn't during my first pregnancy, that's weird!

hippie.gifintactlact.giffemalesling.GIF mama to my little baby fairydust.gif(07/27/10) and expecting stork-suprise.gif in february 2012

#9 of 20 Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 AM

I'm having BH a couple times a day (yet another reason why not feeling movement is super annoying!). They are just an annoying tightness.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#10 of 20 Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

I kinda wonder if it's all the RRL tea I drink - if so it sure works those muscles!

Those of you that have early/stronger BHs, have your previous labors been shorter? Mine w/DS was pretty fast (5hrs) and "efficient";) 

I didn't make the connection, but I've been drinking RRL tea for the last week or so and it started in the last few days!

hippie.gifintactlact.giffemalesling.GIF mama to my little baby fairydust.gif(07/27/10) and expecting stork-suprise.gif in february 2012

#11 of 20 Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Not me, not yet. With DD it started at 20 weeks though, so any day now Im expecting it.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#12 of 20 Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 AM

What do Braxton-Hicks feel like?  This is my first pregnancy, and sometimes my uterus feels tight, like there's something pushing it outwards, but other times I get a tightening lower down, even through my cervix and lower.  But this only happens every now and then.  

Thanks!  Sorry to be such a noob!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#13 of 20 Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGR View Post

What do Braxton-Hicks feel like?  This is my first pregnancy, and sometimes my uterus feels tight, like there's something pushing it outwards, but other times I get a tightening lower down, even through my cervix and lower.  But this only happens every now and then.  

Thanks!  Sorry to be such a noob!

They're hard to explain...I only was sure what they were b/c I had so many w/my first and it's such a unique feeling. Definitely the tightness. Basically I think they feel like what they are, your uterus muscles tightening/contracting! I don't necessarily feel pushing out, but do feel that when Sweet Pea's back pushes (but that's just one little area). 

Soon you will know b/c you'll be able to put your hand there and it'll feel hard (I can't feel it on the outside yet).

I've been getting them maybe 5 or more times a day. This pregnancy seems to be going so fast!

#14 of 20 Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

This pregnancy seems to be going so fast!

I feel the same way....slow down, time!  I feel like I just got my bfp the other day.

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#15 of 20 Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Rin

I didn't have them with my DS, (that I noticed at least) but I'm 18 weeks and have been feeling them for the past two. I was confused at first, but made the connection today because I was getting a bit anxious about them. I work full time at a pretty labor intensive job.  All the tightening was concerning me and my next appointment isn't for a while, so I started researching.  It seems so early to me to be experiencing BH, but I guess not! Glad I'm not the only one!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#16 of 20 Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 AM

So glad I found this post! I was just getting ready to google search it.  I've been having BH (or at least I think that's what is it) for at least 2-3 weeks.  I am currently 22 weeks, and just didn't know what to expect.  They don't hurt, and sometimes its feels like my uterus only tightens in certain areas.  

Weeeeeeee! Oh the wonders of being a FTM!

Love to you all!

USAF wife knit.gif to DH Chris (10/9/10) hug2.gif, Momma to DS (2/12) babyf.gifintactlact.gif, and expecting another surprise 6/2013 joy.gif

#17 of 20 Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 AM

Me too! And definitely earlier and more with every pregnancy. With my first pregnancy I swear I didn't feel any until about 2 days before his birth so they were probably more like real "warm-up" contractions than BH. With the second I felt them starting around the beginning of the 3rd trimester, making me think he would be earlier....nope. And this one they have started before 20 weeks. Hopefully that means a uterus that remembers the drill and baby comes out with ease this time. :D

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#18 of 20 Old 10-01-2011, 03:56 PM

I've been having Braxton Hicks for a few weeks now. I had a TON of them with DS#1 so this isn't unexpected, but I don't remember them from this early (of course I felt movement WAY earlier with this pregnancy and I think the two may be related). BTW, for those of you who may be worried about the BHs. I had them pretty much constantly from 32 weeks on with DS#1 and I went on to deliver at 40 weeks. It was definitely not a warning sign of anything, just the way my body "does" pregnancy, I guess. I am with naturegirl in hoping that these early BH will result in a swift and easy labor (last labor was ridiculously long due to an uncooperative cervix).

#19 of 20 Old 10-01-2011, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

I do think there's a correlation btwn them and labor time, but we'll have to see in Feb;) My first was 5 hrs and had tons of BHs w/him (but only 3rd tri).

For those of you that don't know, they can be a sign of dehydration, so make sure to drink a lot if you get a lot (I definitely notice a change when I'm not hydrated!). Also taking cal/mag should help if you get a lot. If it gets to the point there are a lot in a short period (probably more likely further along) or they're uncomfortable I would drink a lot and take a warm bath and it stopped them;)

#20 of 20 Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM

i am getting them now. i'm 20 weeks. i have been for about 3 weeks. not too frequent, mostly when im active.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page