September Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After a very loooooonnnng week of family visits and work, I'm taking the opportunity this weekend to finally get caught up around the house.  We have a playpen full of laundry, a cupboard and dishwasher full of dishes and general untidyness all around.  And I'm definitely having a nap today.  What's new with you mommas?

Baby on my hip, preschooler on my lap, kindergartener climbing my back, bird on my shoulder, dog at my feet, DH holding us all together.  love.gif

stork-suprise.gif arriving Jun 2014

#2 of 29 Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 AM

I had a good relaxing weekend.  Today at 12:30pm I head in form my anatomy scan!  I'm so nervous/excited about it I didn't sleep AT ALL last night.  I feel like a zombie, but a very excited zombie!

#3 of 29 Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM

So I'm sitting at my desk and having a hard time getting started at work! 

DD started her new preschool class today and I was a nervous wreck.  I was remembering how last year I had to pull her out of my arms and hand her to a teacher while we both sobbed.  I was expecting a disaster... even though she wasn't showing any nerves at all.  No disaster.  We played for 15 minutes in the new room, said hello to friends from last year (some of whom took the summer off, some of whom were with DD in the younger room all summer), chatted with the teachers, then she gave me a hug and kiss and waved goodbye.  Wow!  I don't think I handle my first day teaching each semester that well!

Now I have to get myself in work mode...

Good luck at the anatomy scan, AtomicRocket.  And, good luck getting the house in order, Zakdat.  And, good luck to me getting something done.  August has been very unproductive.  We travelled every single weekend.  Ugh.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#4 of 29 Old 09-06-2011, 08:15 AM

Today I went and looked at daycares for next September.  And I'm already way down on the waiting list. It's super competitive around here.  

Ugh!  It's ridiculous- I'm not worried about the birth. I know I will get through the pain and fight for my wants and plan.  Even taking care of a newborn, I know it's going to be stressful and tiring, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it.  But getting the what is going-to-be-6month old child into daycare?  Totally stressing me out!!!!!  hide.gif

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#5 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Atomicrocket - We have our scan on mon, and I can't wait.  We're planning on having both boys and DH there with us, so hopefully the technical part goes relatively fast.  With DS2 we had a student performing under the instruction of the tech, and it took  1 1/2 hours before DH could come in with DS1.

Thanks Parsley.  We're working on it.  The kiddos have been less than cooperative, and DH is working long hours right now.  I have to admit - I've been spending time keeping them occupied rather than doing house stuff, but as long as my day contains more smiles than cries, I count the day as a success.

TeamGR - I have a friend going through this right now.  She found a dayhome she really wants her DD to got to, but there is a list and no guarantee.  She also has a daycare lined up in case they can't get in at the dayhome.  She had to plan it almost a whole year in advance, which completely blows my mind. 

Baby on my hip, preschooler on my lap, kindergartener climbing my back, bird on my shoulder, dog at my feet, DH holding us all together.  love.gif

#6 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 06:43 AM

TeamGR - I've already spent a lot of time worrying about day care next Fall for this bean.   I got on lists as soon as I got a BFP.  In fact, the first 3 people I told (other than DH) were the people who answered the phone at day care centers!  At one place, I was told I was already too late.  That people have to sign up when they begin to think about getting pregnant, not wait until they are pregnant.  Crazy, huh?  I also find the idea of bringing a 6 month old to day care to be really upsetting.  We're playing around with the idea of a nanny for next year and then doing daycare/preschool.  But still... how the heck do we find a nanny we really like?  In all my panic about DD the past few days, I was acutely aware that this was THE EASIEST it would ever be!  Yikes.

AtomicRocket - how was your scan?

Zakdat - your scan story from DS2 fills me with dread.  I'm planning to bring DD to my anatomy scan and it will be the first time she's ever in a setting like that.  I've had plenty of clueless and/or awkward techs and I'm so hoping that this one will be without boredom or drama!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#7 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 AM

@parsley and @zakdat- sorry to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with the baby into daycare issue.  How unnecessarily stressful. 

In happier news:  My husband got to come to the one doctor's appointment he will be able to make for the entire pregnancy yesterday!  (He works 2+ hours away from my doctor, who is only open 9-5 M-F).  And, the midwife was great, and pulled out the low tech ultrasound, so my husband got to not only hear the heartbeat (150, a nice techno beat), but we also got to see the baby kick and suck its thumb!  It was awesome, and awesome to see the look on my husband's face, he was so cute!  He's more excited than I am thumb.gif

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#8 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 AM

TeamGR - getting on daycare lists in the hopes that a spot opens up on time was stressful for me too.  The place that I want to get my little one into the most told me that they were expanding their center and as a result I *might* get in, but as of now I am way too far down the list.  Once I started looking into it, I realized that I needed to have signed up months before even becoming pregnant to get a spot on time!  Craziness. 

Parsley - I haven't had the most productive August either, and now I have next week booked off for a vacation and I am starting to regret it.  I have so much to get done! 

zakdat - A 1 1/2 hour scan, yikes!  Even though my tech was super nice and reassuring, I felt pretty nervous during the technical measuring part and was so happy and relieved once she finished and DP could come in for the fun stuff.  Good luck on your upcoming scan, hopefully this one is much faster!

My scan went really well!  When DP came in I asked her if we could find out the sex, and she zoomed over the the right location and we could tell before she even told us what we were looking at - a boy!  Everything with the little guy is measuring exactly on target, and everything looks normal, so we're pretty happy.  When the tech first took a peak at him she even noticed that he had the hiccups - awwww!

#9 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 11:07 AM

@TeamGR - I am sooo with you on the daycare stress!!!  Same situation where I live.  

#10 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM

So at 18.5 weeks I am FINALLY feeling better.....no more awful headaches + vomiting.  It's like being a different person!  Just in time to make some applesauce from a friend's extra apples, freeze greens from the garden, pick wild grapes etc etc.  

Our big u/s is tomorrow!  Yay!

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#11 of 29 Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Atomicrocket, I'm so glad to hear that your scan went well! Congratulations on finding out about your boy! 

Parsley, what a relief that your daughter transitioned well into her new classroom. I remember how stressed I was last fall when my then 18 month old started her new class, but she also did great! Hopefully things will continue to be smooth. 

TeamGR, I totally know how you feel about the daycare issue. I was also looking for daycare for a 6 month old to start in the fall (DD was conceived in June, just like this one...) and was put on a ridiculous wait list and we called within days of finding out we were pregnant. Luckily they were expanding their program and the new building opened on time, so we did get one of the last spots for the infant class that year. Otherwise, we were looking at in-home daycares and that whole idea was REALLY stressing me out. 

I'm surprised to hear you guys talking about daycares putting people on the wait list who aren't even pregnant yet. The center my DD used to attend would not put you on the wait list until you had a due date. I specifically remember calling when DH and I began to try the first time around and they told me to call back when I was pregnant...

1blueheron, that's great that you're feeling better! It's always such a relief to finally come out of the miserable fog of the first trimester. Let us know how your scan goes tomorrow!

As for me, I just scheduled my anatomy scan for 10/4 (19 weeks) and am SO very anxious to find out the gender. I really just have no clue what this one is and am suddenly desperate to find out. This weekend DH and DD and I will be traveling to visit my MIL and SIL and her new baby boy, so we've got a super busy few days coming up... dizzy.gif

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
#12 of 29 Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 AM

glad everybody's doing so well!!! 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#13 of 29 Old 09-08-2011, 03:00 PM

I've finally been feeling better and have energy to get things done around the house.   And actually motivated to get bigger projects done besides survivial mode. I don't know how long the energy will last, so I want to get as much done as I can!

1blueheron- I agree- it's time to get the harvest packed away!  I'm SO behind. I'm hoping to get tomato sauce canned and applesauce done after that!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
#14 of 29 Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NourishCreate View Post

1blueheron- I agree- it's time to get the harvest packed away!  I'm SO behind. I'm hoping to get tomato sauce canned and applesauce done after that!

Ha, tomatoes are a lost cause here!  We had the blight again.  My garden is such a mess this year I did not even notice our giant pumpkin until it was like 2 feet wide.   

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#15 of 29 Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Man, I am struggling with some serious insomnia this week... I need a nap!!  A long NIGHTs sleep actually.  

#16 of 29 Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 AM

FrannieM - Me too.  I can't remember the last time I had a good sleep.

#17 of 29 Old 09-12-2011, 05:42 PM

Had my second doc's appt today.  All my tests came back normal, except for my vit D is low.  I refused the GD test, because I had GD last time, and am having symptoms again, so they are just assuming I have it.  I have an appt with the dietician tomorrow, and she will give me a glucometer, and show me how to use it, in case its different from last time.

I'm still losing weight.  I weight 265 at the start of this pregnancy, and am now 258, which is cool.  The doc said a loss at term of 10 pounds is acceptable.  Basically, he figures I am going to gain weight, I just haven't yet.  i have cut out a lot of the crap I normally eat, which I know is helping.

What else?  I am getting stabby pains and blurbles in my belly.  I don't know if I feel the baby moving as much as with my son.  Oh!  The baby's heartbeat is 155.

I am still super tired. Bleh.

#18 of 29 Old 09-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Now that the fog of the first trimester has lifted.....my libido is back!  And whoa, back in a big way.  DH is complaining!  smile.gif

This happened to me a little bit last time around but is so much more intense this time.  Wonder if it could be because I'm carrying a boy??

#19 of 29 Old 09-13-2011, 01:29 PM

@1blueheron... jealous of your libido!  is carrying a boy supposed to make it go up more? 

#20 of 29 Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

I am so sore this morning.  DS2 has been the worst teether ever - he's cutting all 4 canines right now, and he's miserable.  Honestly, we've resorted to switching between advil and tylenol every night, because otherwise he will literally scream at the top of his lungs for hours straight before falling into an exhausted sleep and doing it all over again.  DH has been sleeping in our office because he operates heavy equipment and needs to be alert at work.  As a treat, last night I decided to let DS1 sleep with DS2 and I, but I underestimated the cuddliness of my kidlets.  I had one squished up to my back, while the other was snuggled into my chest.  On one hand, it was heavenly feeling those warm, heavy bodies snuggled so close, but on the other hand I COULDN'T MOVE.  The only way I stay comfortable at night when I'm pregnant is if I can stretch out in various ways throughout the night.  Now I'm stiff and sore, and got up early because there was no point in continuing to try to sleep like that. 

Looks like we'll be doing yoga today.  After I try to convince my body that decaf is as good as full caff.  caffix.gif

#21 of 29 Old 09-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGR View Post

@1blueheron... jealous of your libido!  is carrying a boy supposed to make it go up more? 

I dunno, but it's much more intense than last time!  And it's not like I'm well rested or anything...

#22 of 29 Old 09-24-2011, 07:30 AM

DP finally got to feel the baby move from the outside this morning!!  

#23 of 29 Old 09-25-2011, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Atomicrocket - That's so exciting!!  Where was babe kicking at the time?  My DH felt the baby move yesterday as well - central and just above my pubic bone.  This little turkey seems to like lying low.

Anyone have a any new pregnancy complaints?  I don't know if it's because it's my third pregnancy or what, but my joints are all super flexible - to the point that they're constantly moving out of alignment.  My transverse arches in my feet have fallen, so I need to wear shoes in the house if I want to still be walking by evening, my SI and pubic joints keep going out, and my neck keeps going out, so I've had a lot of headaches to deal with.  Because all of this happened just this past week, I feel like my body is falling apart all at once, and because I'm only 20 weeks, I don't know how I'm going to fare when I'm even bigger.  Obviously I'm going to have to be more committed at doing yoga to try to help stabilize, but in the meantime I'll just whine.  LOL.

#24 of 29 Old 09-25-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Zakdat: Anyone have a any new pregnancy complaints?

Ugh!  My left hip is all out of place because of sleeping on my side.  I usually sleep on my back, but have officially switched over. I tried with a body pillow and it was terrible.  Now I'm without body pillow and some mornings I wake up with just a little soreness and some mornings I wake up and can hardly walk because it hurts so much.  When I wake up in the middle of the night on my back, I give myself 15 seconds of pure relaxation before I start feeling a bit out of breath and roll back over onto my side.  Last week when I got up there was a huge POP and it felt better all day, but the next morning it was back to pain.  Ugh!  </endvent>

#25 of 29 Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 AM

It is super exciting!  He felt it right in the centre, just a little below my belly button.  I've been trying to get him to feel it for a while now, but my little guy seems to be all over the place.  As soon as I'd put DP's hand where I felt the baby, the baby would kick somewhere else.  This time we got lucky!

Newest pregnancy complaint - not being able to eat much at once without feeling like I am going to explode.  I sort of thought that limited stomach space would not be something I would experience until I was 8 months pregnant, but it has started already.  Last night I went to a bbq and didn't even eat very much, but I felt sooo uncomfortable all evening after I ate.  Even small meals feel like I just ate a massive thanksgiving feast.  The limited space also causes brutal heartburn every time I recline or lay down.  It seems like my uterus is just growing up instead of out, and I'm shortish and have a short torso which I think is why my guts are so squished already.  I'm hoping my uterus starts growing out soon!  In the meantime, I have resorted to constant snacking instead of standard meals.  

Zakdat - it's crazy that even your arches have fallen!  I've been trying to keep up with exercise too, but I still feel like I'm not doing enough.

#26 of 29 Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGR View Post

Ugh!  My left hip is all out of place because of sleeping on my side.  I usually sleep on my back, but have officially switched over. I tried with a body pillow and it was terrible.  Now I'm without body pillow and some mornings I wake up with just a little soreness and some mornings I wake up and can hardly walk because it hurts so much.  When I wake up in the middle of the night on my back, I give myself 15 seconds of pure relaxation before I start feeling a bit out of breath and roll back over onto my side.  Last week when I got up there was a huge POP and it felt better all day, but the next morning it was back to pain.  Ugh!  </endvent>

My hips get sore too.  Oddly, I have found that a body pillow helps a lot, but turing over to switch sides while hugging a body pillow is pretty awkward, haha.

#27 of 29 Old 09-25-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicrocket View Post

Newest pregnancy complaint - not being able to eat much at once without feeling like I am going to explode.  I sort of thought that limited stomach space would not be something I would experience until I was 8 months pregnant, but it has started already.  Last night I went to a bbq and didn't even eat very much, but I felt sooo uncomfortable all evening after I ate.  Even small meals feel like I just ate a massive thanksgiving feast.  The limited space also causes brutal heartburn every time I recline or lay down.  It seems like my uterus is just growing up instead of out, and I'm shortish and have a short torso which I think is why my guts are so squished already.  I'm hoping my uterus starts growing out soon!  In the meantime, I have resorted to constant snacking instead of standard meals.  

This is me exactly too! I'm carrying my girl pretty high, so I've been getting reflux a lot lately. I also thought all this wouldn't start until later. And I feel out of breath easy and pretty uncomfortable. My friend said that eases up soon and doesn't come back until the end.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#28 of 29 Old 09-26-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

This is me exactly too! I'm carrying my girl pretty high, so I've been getting reflux a lot lately. I also thought all this wouldn't start until later. And I feel out of breath easy and pretty uncomfortable. My friend said that eases up soon and doesn't come back until the end.

Good to know that it will hopefully go away for while!  I miss pigging out redface.gif

#29 of 29 Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page