Really starting to miss... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow, hildare, that place sounds like a lot of fun!  

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#32 of 46 Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

So I went out for dinner last night with DD, DH and my sister to a neigborhood bistro.  I decided I wanted some beer but not a whole one.  My sister agreed to split with me and we ordered it together (asked what was on tap and then agreed in front of the waiter).  He very clearly delivered the beer to my sister-- despite me saying that we were going to share a pint "for now".  She stared him down and put it in front of me.  She's worked as a server for years and is always telling me stories about servers refusing to serve alcohol to pregnant women and the fights she gets into with them (she even tried to get someone fired once over it.) 

Funny I'm normally the more aggressive one...

The beer was delicious though!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#33 of 46 Old 09-14-2011, 12:20 PM

FrannieM: yeahthat.gif

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#34 of 46 Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM

i miss:

sushi! so so bad

champagne

cocktails before a nice dinner out

medium rare steak that's still a little bloody (sorry vegetarians)

coffee - lost my taste for it entirely about a week into pregnancy, but still miss it

seriously i am going to have champagne, steak, sushi and a cappuccino in the same meal right after i give birth! i eat soft cheeses unless they are unpasteurized - which honestly is pretty rare unless someone buys a fancy cheese from whole foods or something. i will probably have a glass of wine or a beer now and then later on... can't wait.

#35 of 46 Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM

I miss beer, being able to run downstairs to my local coffee shop and grab a regular cup or two during my work day, having enough energy to follow through with sex and just feeling like my past energetic spunky self. :/ There *sigh* I feel better now. :) thanks for letting me vent!

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

#36 of 46 Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Hildare and Parsley, good for you! 

DH & I went to meet up with some people at our local brewery and I was dying! We love craft beer, brew our own beer, and generally enjoy talking about beer! But since we were with DH's boss, I felt self-conscious ordering my own--even though they serve their beers in small 8oz glasses. I did take a sip or two of every style DH tried but oooooh, I can't wait to have a full pint!

#37 of 46 Old 09-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogautumn View Post

Hildare and Parsley, good for you! 

DH & I went to meet up with some people at our local brewery and I was dying! We love craft beer, brew our own beer, and generally enjoy talking about beer! But since we were with DH's boss, I felt self-conscious ordering my own--even though they serve their beers in small 8oz glasses. I did take a sip or two of every style DH tried but oooooh, I can't wait to have a full pint!

hooray for homebrewers!  us (or i should say dh) too! 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#38 of 46 Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 PM

I miss self serve frozen yogurt. I have a glass of wine every now and again with DH but I never finish it. I'm not at all a drinker, not even socially. The only thing I'll drink is Almond Champagne so drinking dry, nasty wine doesn't appeal to me but I'll sip on a glass through the night.

I miss sleeping on my stomach too! Not only that, I miss being able to toss and turn without torquing my back muscles. Oww.

I miss seeing my pretty feet.

I miss brushing my teeth in the sink. My belly hits right at sink level and I can't bend over it. So I brush in the shower. Boo. I hate it. And yes, I shower twice because I brush twice daily. :(

I miss energy. I haven't seen her in about 4 months. My Peri told me today that I need 30 minutes of light exercise DAILY. She wants me to start off with swimming 4 days a week and treadmill in between. Swimming I can do, boring treadmill not so much.

I was not aware of a bleu cheese restriction. I eat bleu cheese dressing all the time. Cold cuts not so much but I do eat freshly carved turkey from Henry's market. Is that the same?

I sleep on my back too. I love sleeping in our recliner because I need the extra support to stand up. It's not helping our love life much but I start off in bed with DH and an hour or so later I head for the recliner. Then about an hour before he gets up, I'm restless and looking for a cool spot to lie down and I head back to bed. It's a crazy game I play, this pregnancy.

My nutritionist suggested I purchase maternity bras and panties and I'm so glad she did. They are so comfortable and supportive. The bras become a little restrictive after a couple of hours but the underoos really give me the back support I need. That's about all I have in terms of maternity. Oh and I have diabetic socks. They're not super tight like compression socks but they make my legs feel great.

#39 of 46 Old 09-26-2011, 05:16 AM

I miss wearing a Tshirt at home withOUT a bra on, but now my boobs are so big they fold onto my stomach and give me the creeps!!  I miss my small boobs.

#40 of 46 Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 PM

I miss my cute little tops that fit my small boobs so well. I used to be a 34 B and I just got measured yesterday, I'm now a 36 D! Only half way too.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#41 of 46 Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 AM

Hmmm... wine here and there, pasturized blue cheese, and Subway... all things I eat! Also cookie dough... mmm... The only thing I miss is the muscle relaxers I have prescribed to me due to a disk problem in my neck.. sigh...

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#42 of 46 Old 09-27-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieM View Post

I miss wearing a Tshirt at home withOUT a bra on, but now my boobs are so big they fold onto my stomach and give me the creeps!!  I miss my small boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

I miss my cute little tops that fit my small boobs so well. I used to be a 34 B and I just got measured yesterday, I'm now a 36 D! Only half way too.

Oh me too, but it's been a long time since I had my "normal" size breasts.  I still have a bunch of cute shirts saved in case my breasts ever go back to that large B/small C cup they were before my first pregnancy.  For the past 4 years... pregnant -> nursing -> nursing while pregnant.

#43 of 46 Old 09-27-2011, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysmylilpunkin View Post

Hmmm... wine here and there, pasturized blue cheese, and Subway... all things I eat! Also cookie dough... mmm... The only thing I miss is the muscle relaxers I have prescribed to me due to a disk problem in my neck.. sigh...

Yeah.  I miss zanax but it's been a long time shrug.gif

#44 of 46 Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM

This may sound crazy, but I miss my old workouts.  Fast hard heart-pounding sprints, big heavy lifts, generally pushing myself right to the edge and feeling all the awesome soreness the next day (anybody else here a crossfitter??).

I got back into it a little bit between pregnancies but it's obviously a lot harder when you're a SAHM.  These days I'm lucky if I even get a walk in.  Looking forward to abusing my body again someday.  :)

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#45 of 46 Old 09-27-2011, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Long long time ago I played tennis 4-5 times a week.  DH and I would spend whole weekends playing on occasion.  Even took lessons.  And I was a fan.  I avidly watched each open. 

Last time I played, I was about 8 weeks pregnant with DD and I threw up on the court. 

Wow that feels like a long time ago!

#46 of 46 Old 09-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blueheron View Post

This may sound crazy, but I miss my old workouts.  Fast hard heart-pounding sprints, big heavy lifts, generally pushing myself right to the edge and feeling all the awesome soreness the next day (anybody else here a crossfitter??).

I got back into it a little bit between pregnancies but it's obviously a lot harder when you're a SAHM.  These days I'm lucky if I even get a walk in.  Looking forward to abusing my body again someday.  :)

I too miss feeling the exhilaration and strength in my body after a challenging workout. Now my heart pounds and I get out of breath from just a simple walk! I think pregnancy and then childbirth will be some definite abuse on our bodies though. At least a beautiful baby is at the end of this abuse. At least, every night when my back and hips are killing me that's what I keep telling myself. love.gif

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page