anyone with final name picked out? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 10-14-2011, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't want to name my babe until I see him, so I'm not set 100% but my favorite is Atreyu:) For now he's "Sweet Pea" and has been since finding out we're pregs:) I might start calling him my favorites to see what seems to work...Atreyu seems like it might be kinda hard/annoying to say all the time!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#32 of 50 Old 10-14-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post

We have chosen the name Abigail Glory for our little girl.  I wanted just Glory, and feel like it's a name that God gave me and confirmed.  Hubby doesn't like it soooo I made a deal with him.  He gets to choose the first name, as long as it's a Bible name, has a good meaning, and is not a naughty girl from the Bible.  Abigail means Her Father's Joy, and in the Bible she was a very honorable lady.  I am sold.  And Hubby feels great that he finally got to choose a name after 4 kids!!

Love it and love the biblical nature. I want all my LOs to have either a first or middle Bible name. DS1 has both, but they're harder for girls! I really like Glory, you never hear that name.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#33 of 50 Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 PM

What do you all think of Cadence? I like the meaning.. timing... anyway... it's the only one I really like right now. Our last name is one syllable and starts with a C. Any middle name suggestions? Or other name suggestions? Girls are so hard for my to name and since this is my 2nd sigh.... Cara wasn't named until they made me in order to leave the hospital!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#34 of 50 Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM

I think the name Cadence is beautiful! Maybe try some 3 or 4-syllable names for the middle name since your last name is one syllable and Cadence is two. 

We have finally decided on a name for our second daughter:

Shelby Leah biggrinbounce.gif 

We feel very confident that this is the name for her. Shelby I just really like and Leah was my Grandmother's name who passed away last year at the ripe old age of 97. We are keeping the name a secret from family members though because I know that not everyone will be a fan of Shelby and I am not in the mood to entertain other people's opinions regarding the name of our child. Also, I feel as though people are less likely to criticize a name when it already belongs to an earthside baby. 

So we will have a Jordan and a Shelby. Funny enough, DH's first name starts with a "J" and mine (Shannon) starts with "Sh" so our kids names will mirror that, which was not intentional at all. So if we ever have a third, that will likely be the monkey wrench redface.gif

Anyone else decided upon a name already?

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
#35 of 50 Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 PM

We're still set on Sorrel for a girl, but for a boy we've debated a bit. I'm set with Griffin Thomas-Grey. We shall see which name we get to use! :)

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#36 of 50 Old 10-17-2011, 05:43 AM

We have a final named picked out. We are having a boy, and he will be baby Misha. My BIL's name is Michael, and my DH is Russian. We wanted to honor family and his brother, but didn't want the name Michael, so we chose the Russian form of Michael... Misha! smile.gif

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#37 of 50 Old 10-17-2011, 03:48 PM

That is so funny about a "good girl" name from the Bible.  I was thinking of the name Lilith, which has a totally negative connotation in the Bible with regard to western Christianity.  Lilith is a "good girl" in some faiths, but mainly is considered bad (she-devil)  When I looked up the meaning, it states "woman of night."  I am glad you found a name for your baby!  I am going in a different direction, but I still love the name and the history behind it!

#38 of 50 Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Love the names so far. 

We are having a girl this time (yay) our daughters name will either be Fallon Rae or Echo Rae.  We both really like Echo Rae but don't want to set her up for all the picking kids can be so mean. 

Our son's name is Gavin Ray.  The Rae is after DH's grandmothers name and Ray is my dads middle name. 

Stephanie
Momma to Gavin (3/24/09), Heart broken 6/13/10, TTC
#39 of 50 Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephr_k View Post

Love the names so far. 

We are having a girl this time (yay) our daughters name will either be Fallon Rae or Echo Rae.  We both really like Echo Rae but don't want to set her up for all the picking kids can be so mean. 

Our son's name is Gavin Ray.  The Rae is after DH's grandmothers name and Ray is my dads middle name. 

loooove Echo. I don't think there'd be much picking, honestly I wouldnt see fallon being much different in terms of teasing if it's btwn the two...really if kids want to there gonna use any name against a kid:(

jul511riv likes this.

#40 of 50 Old 10-19-2011, 02:09 PM

We are having a boy and can't decide on a name… I like Jack, Noah or *****. He likes Dalton or Van. Sometimes we like Lucas, Vaughn or Sawyer… Last name is Maddox. I am also the type of person who likes to have a plan, stick to it and move on, so not having a name is bugging me! :)

~mama to some wonderful kids
#41 of 50 Old 10-20-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tea View Post

We are having a boy and can't decide on a name… I like Jack, Noah or *****. He likes Dalton or Van. Sometimes we like Lucas, Vaughn or Sawyer… Last name is Maddox. I am also the type of person who likes to have a plan, stick to it and move on, so not having a name is bugging me! :)

My middle son is Noah. I absolutely love his name. thumb.gif And surprisingly, since it's gained popularity, I haven't come across any other kids with his name in his or my son's classes in school. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#42 of 50 Old 10-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

I don't want to name my babe until I see him, so I'm not set 100% but my favorite is Atreyu:) For now he's "Sweet Pea" and has been since finding out we're pregs:) I might start calling him my favorites to see what seems to work...Atreyu seems like it might be kinda hard/annoying to say all the time!

I love Atreyu! And Bastian, we are big fans of The Neverending Story around here!! Is that where you got the name?

~mama to some wonderful kids
#43 of 50 Old 10-20-2011, 05:15 PM

We might have a name.  I am not convinced, but it's a working title, anyway ;):  Matthew Joshua.  I would rather Josiah, I think it rolls better off the tongue, but oh well :lol 

#44 of 50 Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ozyemm - I LOVE the name Josiah...DH doesn't like it...I tried to sell him on it when I was pg with DD before we knew she was a girl.  We haven't even started talking about names yet!  We didn't decide on DD's name until after she was born

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#45 of 50 Old 10-21-2011, 08:30 PM

Girl - Elora Jean (Jean is my mom's name)

Boy - Dean Tiberius (Dean was my DH's late mother's middle name. She went by Deana.)

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

#46 of 50 Old 11-14-2011, 09:45 PM

We still haven't decided but we are definitely going to use  Nae for either her first or middle name.   I'm open to alternative spellings so that it is pronounced properly when we are in English speaking countries.    Any ideas on how to Anglicize the name so that it won't be pronounced like the Scottish version of "No"?  It should be pronounced something like Nah-eh.

#47 of 50 Old 11-15-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqah View Post

We still haven't decided but we are definitely going to use  Nae for either her first or middle name.   I'm open to alternative spellings so that it is pronounced properly when we are in English speaking countries.    Any ideas on how to Anglicize the name so that it won't be pronounced like the Scottish version of "No"?  It should be pronounced something like Nah-eh.

What a lovely name.  There are many fantastic names that will always be mispronounced on the first try, don't let that deter you from using it.  How about simply "Naeh"?

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#48 of 50 Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqah View Post

what about Naimh?  i love that one.  or Niav, a variation (not Scottish/Anglicized though, either one) pronounced like nEEv. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#49 of 50 Old 11-20-2011, 07:24 PM

I thought we were settled on Falon Rae but now we are considering Scarlett Ray instead.

Stephanie
Momma to Gavin (3/24/09), Heart broken 6/13/10, TTC
#50 of 50 Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM

I think we decided "Olive" for a first name.. can't find a middle name that fits it tho :/

2 kids. 1 more on the way. Cloth diapers, home birth, and boojuu is how I roll.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page