maternity tights? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any luck finding maternity tights that neither squeeze the belly too tight or fall down?  I'm having awful luck with this and have to dress nicely for work!  Since I prefer skirts to pants in general my usual work outfits are skirts with blouses or sweaters and a blazer or cardigan...  So, I need tights!

I found a pair of maternity spanx in my closet (gift from someone) and they hurt!  Too much pressure even though they were the right size.  Motherhood maternity tights seem too cheaply made and ordering Lands End one size up and non-control top stopped working this week.  Hanging in the butt and pinching in the tummy. 

Anyone? 

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#2 of 15 Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM

i'm a tights fan. and.. i hate this company, i swear it... but some stuff you really cannot buy used.
teh evil gap has fantastic tights. i am so ashamed.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 15 Old 10-01-2011, 03:49 AM

Oooooh hildare! A woman after my own heart! I seriously laughed out loud when I read your post, so thank you for that! ROTFLMAO.gif

USAF wife knit.gif to DH Chris (10/9/10) hug2.gif, Momma to DS (2/12) babyf.gifintactlact.gif, and expecting another surprise 6/2013 joy.gif

#4 of 15 Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

My gap tights are en route. So are another brand from Target. Thanks for the suggestion, Hildare. I'm desperate... so desperate that I'm unable to consider politics when my tights are rolling down onto my thighs while teaching! You know, that hobbling walk? (Yes, really!)

#5 of 15 Old 10-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Parsley, I wore some leggings one Sunday for church.  Afterwards we went to a yard sale.  I squatted down to look at something, and when i came back up, my leggings didn't!  I had to ask the lady to use her bathroom because I was "falling apart" :lol. 

#6 of 15 Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyemm View Post

Parsley, I wore some leggings one Sunday for church.  Afterwards we went to a yard sale.  I squatted down to look at something, and when i came back up, my leggings didn't!  I had to ask the lady to use her bathroom because I was "falling apart" :lol. 

ROTFLMAO.gif Thank yyyyouuu mam.

#7 of 15 Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing, Ozzyemm!   It's nice to know I'm not the only undignified pregnant lady :)  I was so paranoid walking out of my classroom that my tights were going to roll down below my skirt.  I made it to the bathroom while they were still mid-thigh... but I totally pictured myself with tights down by my ankles by the time I got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyemm View Post

#8 of 15 Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 AM

when tights go wrong.. they go really, really wrong.  ROTFLMAO.gif

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#9 of 15 Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM

I am not a nylons fan at all but I love a good pair of thick knit or patterned tights with boots during the fall. If you find any maternity ones, let me know.

I'm currently living in my maternity leggings from Old Navy! I love them so much that I have 3 pairs! The only way they're different from regular leggings is that they're low rise with a thicker band to keep them up. So comfy.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#10 of 15 Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

So I'm wearing the ones I ordered from Target right now.  They are great!  Thick and soft and truly opague (not stockings in disquise)  and both supportive on my belly without being at all pinchy or constricting.  I think they'll also be warm enough in the winter (without being too hot).  The downside?  They only come in black and no patterns or textures.  (Booo!)

In case anyone has a similar need though the ones I ordered are "Softtights- opaque maternity tights by Fertileminds". 

#11 of 15 Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 PM

i would never normally post a link like this, but i stumbled upon, just what some folks here might be looking for and on sale!

Zulily.com  has Preggers brand hosiery, both nylon and tights and knee socks, all with preggo bellies and slight compression at the feet/lower leg. sounds dreamy, with i had them when i was preggo.

(for the sake of total disclosure the link is a custom one that they do so that i get points for referrals that buy stuff, i do not work for them in any way, just a shopper and MDC lady at heart)

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#12 of 15 Old 10-17-2011, 08:14 PM

I just bought some great leggings/tights from Babies R Us about two weeks ago. They the Motherhood brand, I believe. They are sooo comfortable with a belly panel in the front that is tight enough to not fall off but not so tight it digs in. They were ~$13 I think?

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

#13 of 15 Old 10-18-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

The leggings I got from Motherhood Maternity are my favorite.  I really like the belly on them... not too tight but also enough to say up.   If think the Old Navy ones are fine, but a little short in both the legs and the belly-- when I'm dancing at Music with DD, they totally start to fall down!

Clearly I have a pants and tights falling down problem!

BTW, I was looking at Beco's yesterday and saw that they sell come brightly colored maternity tights.  I already have 4 pairs of black so I'm not in the market right now but the colors were totally fun... though not exactly a match to my professional clothes.

#14 of 15 Old 10-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Parsley, What is Beco's? I'd love some fun maternity tights. I'm hating all my maternity pants lately. Tights +skirts seem to be much more comfortable lately.

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

#15 of 15 Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Beco is a type of baby carrier.  One I'm particularly coveting Sheepish.gif

I was surprised to see tights there.  There website is becobabycarrier.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJeanneBee View Post

Parsley, What is Beco's? I'd love some fun maternity tights. I'm hating all my maternity pants lately. Tights +skirts seem to be much more comfortable lately.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page