Weight Gain: How many lbs do you estimate you'll gain by delivery? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's great news, MM2B! I hope things continue to go well!

Sadly, I have lost weight. 7lbs since my last appointment (three weeks ago), putting me at a net loss of 3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was so happy at the last appointment when I had a gain! Now I'm just feeling discouraged. :(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 AM

I totally plateaued at 33 weeks.  I am eating.a.ton.  I think it's because of all the stress that goes with running the farm at 15 below temps while my hubby was gone for a month.... plus I quit ingesting goat dairy in case this baby is sensitive to it via breastmilk.  I feel good though, so I guess that's what matters.  I'm 38 weeks now and have gained 33 pounds.  25 pounds less than at this point in my daughter's gestation.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Old 01-29-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post

That's great news, MM2B! I hope things continue to go well!

Sadly, I have lost weight. 7lbs since my last appointment (three weeks ago), putting me at a net loss of 3lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was so happy at the last appointment when I had a gain! Now I'm just feeling discouraged. :(

you are not the only one.  i have barely gained any weight with this pregnancy.  but i am measuring consistently right on and was even ahead last time!  I have always measured smaller or right on so this was incredible in spite of not gaining a lot of weight.  just keep on eating lots of healthy foods and drinks.  we're so close to the end at this point, you know?  I hope that you all measuring okay and feeling well otherwise.  love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

I totally plateaued at 33 weeks.  I am eating.a.ton.  I think it's because of all the stress that goes with running the farm at 15 below temps while my hubby was gone for a month.... plus I quit ingesting goat dairy in case this baby is sensitive to it via breastmilk.  I feel good though, so I guess that's what matters.  I'm 38 weeks now and have gained 33 pounds.  25 pounds less than at this point in my daughter's gestation.

i stopped eating gluten during this pregnancy and haven't gained much weight at all b/c of it, i am sure.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 AM

I wish I could lose some weight already!  I have really ballooned over the last 3-4 weeks.  Thanksgiving and Christmas I overate, as is to be expected, but now I think I'm going to over shoot my 25-35 lb goal and be closer to 35-40lbs up when all is said and done.  And I'm starting to feel the gain in my butt and hips and thighs.  It's frustrating, because I know the only way to lose it at this point is heavy exercise, which of course I can't do for a while!  

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

Old 01-30-2012, 09:51 AM

I've gained about 40-45 lbs and definitely feeling it in my thighs when they rub together! :( At first it was really bad but after a few weeks with so. many. stairs in my house, my thighs don't rub together as much. All the weight and the stairs are really hard on my knees. I have patella femura syndrome where my knee cap rubs against my femur bone - not fun. Its the reason I don't exercise much, but I've lucked out with a great metabolism so it was never an issue until the 3rd trimester. Ugh, so ready to have all this weight off me.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 01-30-2012, 10:34 AM

aw hang in their ladies. It's all for a great cause! I've gained 30 lbs and now I've plateaued, maybe even lost a lb or 2. I've def got some work to do after this though. Especially seeing how bad my diastasis has gotten. 

Due to my dd's gluten intolerance we are slowly transition to a GF house so I'm sure that will help a lot. (Esp b/c she probably got the intolerance from me...) And I'll probably replace milk with almond milk or water for nursing and I'm thinking the lbs will just melt away. 

Shrug. I gained a TON of weight breast feeding last time and I'm not going to let that happen again. I got all the way back up to where I was when I gave birth duh.gif.  So with DD I gained 50lbs (184 total), lost 25 initially and then went all the way back up to almost 190. I was back down to 145 and then I got preggers. 

My goal this time is 9 months to put it on, 9 months to get it off.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Gunter. Sadly, I'm down another 5 lbs :( That's a total loss of 12lbs from my heaviest in this pregnancy (8lbs from pre-pregnancy). I had an ultrasound on Monday and baby is doing fine, and I was told not to worry, but it's hard not to. I am eating, but I've never been able to eat a lot and I'm still only getting around 1200 calories a day no matter what I try. I've even been staying up late to have a calorie heavy late night snack. It doesn't seem to be helping.

The one time it's OK to gain weight and I am losing. Watch, this baby will pop out and I'll pile on 35lbs. irked.gif

Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post

Thanks for the encouragement, Gunter. Sadly, I'm down another 5 lbs :( That's a total loss of 12lbs from my heaviest in this pregnancy (8lbs from pre-pregnancy). I had an ultrasound on Monday and baby is doing fine, and I was told not to worry, but it's hard not to. I am eating, but I've never been able to eat a lot and I'm still only getting around 1200 calories a day no matter what I try. I've even been staying up late to have a calorie heavy late night snack. It doesn't seem to be helping.

The one time it's OK to gain weight and I am losing. Watch, this baby will pop out and I'll pile on 35lbs. irked.gif

I'm sure your babe is getting what it needs, since everything checks out fine! Why worry, are you really underweight?

I don't normally weight myself b/c I don't think it's important, but at my WIC appt. I was exactly 150, started at 115 (which is smallish considering I'm over 5 7") so I'm satisfied, but really wish it was less. I just get so lazy in pregnancy and I already am SOOOO excited to get back to running, working out more, and get my body back!!! I don't care what everyone says about having the "womanly" body, I think I look better trim and tight, lol! I think I gained around 40 lbs w/my last and took me 9 months to get back.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM

I've gained 50 lbs! Waaaaahhhhh! I've gained 10 lbs since week 36 and I'm 39 weeks! I weigh 181 lbs! Dear gawd almighty!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 02-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Kaydove... Water weigh love, don't stress about it so much. If you're starting to swell you're retaining water it will go shortly after birth. Deep breaths. It will come off. I was stacking on the lbs at the end with DD. I gained 51 lbs and I delivered at 35 weeks. 35 of it came off by day 10.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 AM

34 pounds so far.

Jen
Homeschooling mom to A 16, P 15, S 10, L 8 and S 2.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 AM

37 lbs. for me, though after the eggs, toast, grits, AND biscuits and gravy I had this morning, probably more around 40. :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

User Tag List