Let's Talk Pregnancy Food Cravings! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone had any crazy pregnancy cravings so far?

The only unusual thing I have craved so far is peanut butter spread on top a blueberry muffin. It's FABULOUS!!!

But that's not even that unusual.

I read online this morning that Beyonce (singer) is craving bananas and katsup. Eeewww!!! I could NEVER eat that. Sorry.

What are YOUR cravings?

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#2 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I crave pickles but I hate pickles! I bought a jar of pickles and put it in my fridge, but haven't touched them since. I don't want to eat pickles, I just want the option to. Other than that, ice cream always sounds good. (I'm a cliche) I did crave Szechuan beef and my hubby went out of his way to get it for me from our favourite Chinese restraurant. That was delicious. Oh yeah, grilled cheese sandwhiches, I can't get enough of those.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#3 of 18 Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 PM

Craving nothing really. I fulfilled my craving for kale last night, but eating is back to normal. Enjoying salt and salty foods, as well as spicy foods.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#4 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 AM

i have been drinking milk, which i normally find kind of disgusting... but i like buttermilk, and i've been having lots of that too.  it's not really a craving like the first trimester ones, as in i don't sit around and dream of spicy garlic tofu chinese food... just i find myself drinking milk with supper.  strange.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#5 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Bacon,  butter, spaghetti squash, milk with chocolate chip cookies, and red meat!  Chili is in the crockpot!

Also creamy sauces!

I love food!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
#6 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Oh and not craving this anymore- but for most of the 1st trimester I craved cucumber slices with apple cider vinegar and salt on them!  That is weird to most people!

Kinda like a pickle but fresher!  

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
#7 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Watermelon, Rocky Road ice cream and sometimes coca cola- which I hardly ever drank before. No pickles. I tried them one day and it was too intense. Weird.... oh and chocolate.

1st time Mombabyf.gifcame 14 wks early on 10.21.11, no known reason. winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFcd.gifcat.gifnamaste.gif Married to a lovely hubby fuzmalesling.gifsince 08.07.09.treehugger.gifbanana.gif

#8 of 18 Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM

I havent really had many cravings since the first trimester, but I NEEDED some oreos the other day and I do occasionally really want pizza or chinese food for breakfast.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#9 of 18 Old 10-14-2011, 11:18 AM

Chocolate and more chocolate! Oh and some white bread toast with lots of butter, and corn dogs, the gross kind too...mmmmmSheepish.gif

Ok, I really need to keep my cravings in check, I've been doing really good until the last 2 weeks, which I have cheated on my "only healthy foods" diet too many times and have gained 6 lbs. in 2 weeks, not good!

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#10 of 18 Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 PM

My cravings haven't been for anything in particular but I am craving all things creamy! My midwife says my baby is just ready for his layer of fat. eat.gif

I have been eating tons of avocados, cream cheese, peanut butter, sauces, butter, whole milk, mashed sweet potatoes, creamy carrot soup, you name it. If it is smooth and creamy, I'm eating it.

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

#11 of 18 Old 10-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Red meat. No white meat. Not fish. RED MEAT. And I am a vegetarian of 15 years :( 

#12 of 18 Old 10-16-2011, 12:16 PM

Fries, fries and fries!!! Always craving fries for each of my babies. It's the worst. :(

#13 of 18 Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM

I have been having the WORST sweets cravings, but now it's starting to do me in. Every time I eat ice cream or chocolate or a brownie or cookie or cake (I know! Delicious!)  I get the worst heartburn and then I can feel my entire body shaking and my heart pounding away.  So, I'm going to cut out the sweets and try to find substitutes.  Fruit?  Bread? Other suggestions? 

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#14 of 18 Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM

I'm just a pregnant food monster this time around. With my little boy, I don't remember it being this bad. It was curly fries with mayo and ketchup for a while. I was crazy about that. Then recently it's been pasta with tomato sauce. Now I'm starting to fantasize about Bratkartoffeln or some other kind of roasted potatoes, nice and salty, maybe with some onions and peas. I try to be raw vegan, but it's just not working out. I do notice though that when I can stick to eating mostly raw and no added oils and salt, etc., I have much more energy and find it easy to work out, so it would really be better for me. I don't know, I find it super frustrating. And then I just think I should just cut myself some slack and get back in shape after the baby is born, but that's not always so easy. I've already joked that I might have the baby wrapped to me while doing cardio. Probably very soothing. 

#15 of 18 Old 10-18-2011, 06:20 PM

I have been craving Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken sandwiches with extra pickles and mayo with salty waffle fries. 

Mamma to Sasha (5), Anastasija (2), and expecting a new baby girl this winter!

#16 of 18 Old 10-19-2011, 01:48 PM

Chicken pad thai and skittles! All day long, everyday! I have never eaten more than a few skittles before in my life. Now I would eat a pound in a day. Also if I could mix the skittles into the chicken pad thai without getting dirty looks, I might! lol

~mama to some wonderful kids
#17 of 18 Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM

It changes for me A LOT but this week it's sweets. Chocolate everything. Brownies, ice cream, mousse.. OHMY. And candy.

#18 of 18 Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 PM

cold milk!!!  and runny yoghurt from the farmers market.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page