Third Trimester Plans - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a little more than a week away from my third trimester, I'm ready to start planning for birth and making sure that the big 3rd trimester slowdown doesnt happen this time. While it still seems like forever away because the holidays and the start of a new year are still between me and the birth of my baby, I know that 12 weeks can come and go faster than I can imagine, especially when you throw Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years into the mix.

I plan to begin pelvic tilts, squats, butterflys, and serious stretching next week. Im going to ask DH to reread The Birth Partner and start looking for a doula to hire. I need to make a few tweaks to my birth plan from last time (mainly to include csection requests if that winds up being something that happens. My OB is on board with making sure skin to skin still happens and all that, but I want to write it down). I want to review my Bradley Method binder to make sure there isnt anything Im forgetting about what I should be doing.

My nursery area is totally set up, save a few cloth diapers that I still need to get. All the clothes are washed and in the drawers ready for new baby. I have a few little things Id like to buy, but they will probably get coupled with some Christmas shopping trips.(HA! I mean times that I log into Amazon.com). Id like to get some soft wool and make a pad to go in our bed for the new baby to sleep warm.

Im going to plaster my belly at week 32 (I waited too late last time and DD came early and I never got to do it). I want to go ahead and get birth announcements picked out and ready to order (I just couldnt do it last time after baby was born, I was too preoccupied by nursing) Im going to make a list of food that I want to make and freeze on New Years Day. I am going to have a New Years Day party with my mom and a good friend where we cook a bunch of food and MIL watches DD so I can get a ton of food in my freezer for after the birth. This was also something I didnt get to last year because DD was early. And, I have to remember to get a pedicure. Feet are gross after you havent seen them for months.

AH....so many plans.
I'm feeling kind of stressed out, but its getting better. Im trying to use the last of my second trimester energy to get a bunch of stuff done around my house so that I can just focus on holidays and new baby for the next three months. Easy peasy, right?

Oh, and my complaints:
My hips hurt
I sleep like crap
Sciatica flares up about once a week
Its cold
I have heartburn every.single.day- but the tea helps!
I have no appetite

Done! Oh yeah, Im gonna paint my belly like a big pumpkin!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 AM

When exactly does the 3rd trimester start? I'll be 26 wks on Friday. I'm due Feb. 3rd so only a couple days behind you.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#3 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 AM

The third trimester starts week 28. OP, from what I remember, is actually due end of Jan so she's a bit ahead of the Feb due dates. :)

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#4 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:01 AM

^I think the third tri generally starts at 28 weeks, although I have one book that says 27 weeks.

As for me: 

We need to paint the nursery and set up the crib.  It isn't essential because I plan on having the baby in our room for quite a while but I still want to have baby's space set up before he comes.  I also will need to wash some of the clothes and the cloth diapers need to be washed a few more times so they are properly prepped. 

I also need to sign us up for some prenatal classes.  I am debating whether we should take the 8 hour one day course or the 6 week course (the 6 week course is 12 hours in total, I think).

I'd like to pick up (and read!) a book on breastfeeding - any suggestions? 

Otherwise, I just want to spend lots of time with DP.  We're planning on taking a few days off together in early December to just relax and I cannot wait!  I'd like to make sure all of the baby preparations are finished by then so we can just hang out together and not worry about getting ready.

My complaints:

Sleep!  I am not getting ANY sleep right now.  My hips have started getting really, really sore from laying on my side so much.  I wake up every hour to turn over, but after about 3am I am so sore that I can't get back to sleep.  I bought a body pillow a long time ago which seemed to help my hips out at first but now they are worse than they ever were and nothing seems to help.  Ugh!  Lack of sleep and the exhaustion that comes with it seems to be my one constant complaint throughout this entire pregnancy. 

#5 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

I am technically due Jan 29, which makes me 26 weeks, 4 (?) days- at any rate I had an appointment today and my OB reminded me that at my next appointment Ill be in the third trimester, and the next appointment is two weeks away. Either way, all of us due the first week of feb are getting super close!
Right of Passage likes this.

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#6 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM

OK, now I'm scared.  I'm only 23 weeks, but I have no crib, no cosleeper, no diapers, no clothes, no birth plan written out (although I have one in my head), and the baby's room is filled with paperwork and books. 

We just started our registry, and I have a lot more research to do before I can pick out what I want for the baby. 

I have been exercizing and stretching, but you've put me in a panic! 

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#7 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGR View Post

OK, now I'm scared.  I'm only 23 weeks, but I have no crib, no cosleeper, no diapers, no clothes, no birth plan written out (although I have one in my head), and the baby's room is filled with paperwork and books. 

We just started our registry, and I have a lot more research to do before I can pick out what I want for the baby. 

I wouldn't worry too much, there is still lots of time!

#8 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Dont panic! This is my second baby in two years, so I didnt have a lot to do. With my first baby my shower was at 7.5 months and it wasnt until after that when I felt ready. My birth plan is just the one from last time, my baby room is already a baby room (I have a 19month old) so I just had to make some extra drawer space. You still have plenty of time!*/

SIDS happens. 

#9 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM

Ha ha, we're a long ways away from doing anything proactive toward making our home ready for baby.  I'm 24 weeks and content.  Just started reading birth stories... thinking about what I want to have on hand/and perhaps just as importantly what I DON"T want to have on hand for birth.  My hubby has been gone for a month straight, and will be gone for yet another month - bascially until the 3rd tri starts.  I'm only seeing the OB every 6-8 weeks... he's my backup plan.  Otherwise we're just staying home and having a baby when baby is ready to come earthside.  Things are pretty mellow here, though I'm working my ass off on the farm.  I had one day of heavy BH back to back everytime I sat or walked, and two or three days of nonstop heartburn (after we had the flu).  My acupuncturist and rolfer are keeping me in great shape.  This pregnancy is so dramatically different (and healthy) compared to my last.  I'm just really thankful.  No complaints.  Baby will sleep with us and since we EC, there's really very little we need to do to get ready.  My birthtub is a horse trough, I just need to bring it in from the yard when we're close.  Exciting!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#10 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Don't sweat! I haven't done squat! :P except some hypnobabies.

I haven't done any prep work. What I have is from the older kiddos. Like a few random gender neutral gowns/onsies from the last babies, some cloth diapers, carseat, baby carriers that are still used. All of that needs to be washed before baby gets here to freshen up.

We still have 3-4 months left. I have no supplies for the birth (except for the built in equipment lol), I just got a soft measuring tape and did my fundal height (measuring great at 25 weeks), and just got to hear baby's HB with the fetoscope.

I need to find all of the receieving blankets, order the birth supplies so they get here by 37 weeks, and about a million other things.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014

#11 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:

yeahthat.gif

I'm not alone, huh? Cool. I knew this breezy trimester would end quickly, but still denying it's near (even though I MUST nap 30 minutes to go for what feels like round 2 of my days). I have a real hard time keeping on my shoes, too. Anyone else's  feet weep at them? I try to wear flops, so what if it's cold, it makes my feet happier. Exercise? I'm active for the most part, and when I walk around the block, I can feel it the next day in my calves. I really don't mind these things, it reminds me how much I'm changing for the baby that's growing. Awe.

Small To-Do list:

Family Holiday Pictures (& will snag some preg photos too)

Registry

Secure sub for my cleaning clients

Surge fitteds from prefolds n towels, wash them a few more times, get few more covers

Completely redo dd room to include babe's space. She's game for and waiting patiently on me.

List of stuff from MW to get for birth.

Force dh to read or listen to me read aloud The Birth Partner.

Everything else can wait...... even the old polish on my toenails.

PP- About the hips hurting. Can you try to sleep on folded comforter? (on top of mattress)

#12 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 11:13 AM

i got NOTHING done.  no clue as to how the baby's going to get into this world at this point either.  i do have some plans for MIL to come stay with dd at our house while the baby's coming, though.  that's something i guess. 

we have stuff, it's just in a far off attic location needing to be gathered, organized, and washed.  maybe over thanksgiving *(HA) i'll have time to work on it.

honestly, i'm just doing good to make it fully clothed to work every day and not hurt someone.  treading water, am i.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#13 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 03:28 PM

I just noticed that next week is my last week of my second trimester! I plan to.... relax. Start listening to my Hypnobabies & hypnobirthing audios every night. Blow up my birth ball and sit on it more (instead of the couch). This is my third birth, second natural birth, but first home birth. Suprisingly, I feel ready. His room is done, his clothes are washed and hanging up. I have tons of blankets and hand me downs from big brothers. Cloth diapers are washed and prepped. The only thing we need to buy is whatever my midwife wants in our homebirth kit. I'm not a big baby gear person. We have a crib, a moses basket, a papasan that is in it's 6th year with us and... that's it! That's all I want. I try to resist the big business of baby junk. 

I suppose I need to prep my kids a little more, as we are not planning on having anyone here except for midwife and us. I am hands-off during labor and figure that DH can handle them if need be. They both are pretty laid back and are good at entertaining themselves. I figure we'll throw The Lion King on if we really need them to be occupied. smile.gif

I need to finish sewing warm blankets. It wasn't really cold when either of my kids were born, so I have to prepare for that. 

I can't wait for the holidays and the rest of this pregnancy to fly by. I plan on enjoying my boys as much as possible over the next 3 months, because after that... we're out numbered!! 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#14 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
EHP

Adaline's Mama: thanks for the list.  I have to finish a nursing program - with all the clinical hours and assignments that entails - by December 15, after which I plan to do all those things in preparation.  I hope I have at least a month of mental and physical preparation. . .One thing caught my eye: what is this magical tea that helps with heartburn?!

#15 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, please dont go by my list. If you do, you might have a pedicure and no diaper wipes smile.gif Wow, a nursing program and pregnancy at the same time. You are so brave. Good luck, I hope you can catch a good break in between schooling and babying.

The tea is Earth Mama Angel Baby Heartburn Tea. I used it religiously while I was pg with DD, and again this time. Not a huge fan of the taste, and it doesnt really work unless its hot, but it does work.

SIDS happens. 

#16 of 23 Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM

Ahh I will definitely have to get some of this tea. I crave tomato sauce like crazy (with all three pregnancies) and hate taking Tums as often as I need to with this wicked heartburn!

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#17 of 23 Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

honestly, i'm just doing good to make it fully clothed to work every day and not hurt someone.  treading water, am i.

yeahthat.gif  Except, um...I don't even work outside the house.  But yes, totally treading water and really not concerned about baby preparations just yet.  I think we have most of what we need from DD, it just isn't set up yet.  Well, I guess eventually we'll need boy clothes.  And I may be taking him home in a pink car seat, but whatever.  I'm sure I'm forgetting all sorts of important things we prepared before DD was born, but I can't seem to find the energy to fret.  My parents and my sister will also be here to help in January, so as long as DS isn't crazy early we'll get it all done.

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#18 of 23 Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Man, just today I realized I needed warm gloves for my kids that are already here. :) Some of you have the clothes ready for the babes not expected for 3 more months? I need to get a grip on life. lol, oh well.

This will be my 5th so I have clothes for both. We don't know what we are having. I'm not planning to take the clothes out of storage until Jan.

I need to buy a new infant carseat. Mine is expiring and the handle is breaking.

I'd like to buy a nursing cover this time. Never used one before, but I'd like to get the free one from Udder Cover if they have the deal for only paying shipping sometime between now and the birth.

Sometime in December I'd like my DH and I to go away for a couple nights.

I still haven't seen the Midwife I'm using for the birth. She can't start seeing ppl until next month because she had some sort of surgery she is recovering from.

We will need to pick names sometime in Jan. too. :)

I'm planning to enjoy the holidays and then prepare for this baby in January.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#19 of 23 Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 PM

I have so much that I need to do before baby comes, the third trimester is going to be busy.  I'm supposed to be on semi-bed rest for my high blood pressure, but that's not going to happen with my 18 month old running around.  Here's my to do list for this trimester:

Review hypnobabies with DH

Spinning babies exercises(baby was breech at 20 weeks)

Watch the weight gain carefully

Need to buy: diapers, maybe a new sling, can't find my old one, I think that's it...

Wash all my tiny baby clothes

Figure out a realistic sleeping situation for the 4 of us

Write a birth plan including a c-section plan if it's needed

Clean house from top to bottom

Turn my dinning room into a play room so DS has a safe place to run with all his toys with a comfy spot for nursing

Keep seeing my chiro every week!

I'm actually really excited to start! Happy 3rd trimester to all the mamas!

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#20 of 23 Old 10-29-2011, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

For my third trimester I'm going to:

1) Have my baby shower. I will be 7 months and 1 week (a day before 29 weeks) on party day.

2) Celebrate my 32nd Birthday! On New Years Day!!! - I will be 8 months and 1 week (33 weeks exactly) and just planning on relaxing! Maybe go get my hair or nails done, watch a movie maybe go out for dinner to celebrate - that's IT - nothing crazy this year for NYE. If I can stay up that late I will watch the ball drop - one of my favorite things to do - bring in the new year!

3) Cut back on work and hanging out with friends during the last month or so. That's why I've been hanging out with them more frequently now during my 2nd Trimester - I KNOW myself and that I'm going to get lazy and sluggish and NOT want to go out doing things very often - maybe once a week or so, that's it. Lately I've been hanging out with a different person like almost every day of the week!

4) Most of my baby TO DO list will have been taken care of (parenting/baby prep classes at the hospital, finding a doula, preparing the nursery, buying nursing tops, etc.) by the middle of January, so....I won't really have all that much to do except just....hang out and relax and wait for baby to arrive. So the last 6 weeks will be non-busy and more for pampering myself!

5) I will be however trying to get all of our house guests that are planning to come visit after baby comes to schedule their trips around each other so that I don't have too many people here at one time.

6) I'm sure I will be waddling around the last few weeks, TRYING to eat, but finding it difficult to eat much, having my husband push or pull me up and out of bed and chairs daily/nightly and just struggle to breathe while going up and down the stairs 30 times a day! Lol

7) Eagerly awaiting the birth of our son and the overwhelming JOY I will feel just FINALLY having him in my arms at last!!!

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#21 of 23 Old 11-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Rin

I was just thinking that the first week of february is literally right around the corner!

At my last appointment my MW kindly pointed out that I probably needed to start processing.  (I've been a bit in denial for this whole pregnancy)

So. I've managed to setup and attach the co-sleeper.

I've set up the changing table (but the screws are lost so its not entirely baby ready yet...)

Collected all the cloth diapers (they need to be washed)

I've gotten my Moby wraps

I've dug out the ERGO

I've dug out my nursing pads (cause I need them NOW-hello Colosturm!)

Today I installed the infant seat in the car

Now, I just need to take my Hypno birthing class

Get DS ready for labor, and the baby thats coming

and finally prepare my body for labor.

Bring on the tea. :)

Is it seriously the last trimester already?!

Sheesh.

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#22 of 23 Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 AM

I was 28 week as of Sunday so offically in the 3rd trimester. Feels good to be here. I need to get my birth supplies together and get all the laundry clean, that's about it for my plans!

#23 of 23 Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Rin

We had our first Hypnobirthing class last night....so far, I love it!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page