October to November Chat! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 11-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

I'm running our farm solo (6 weeks straight now, 40 goats and 150 chickens, off road-off grid) with my 4 yo.  I did however come to the realization yesterday that moving 1/2 a ton of feed in 50 pound sacks should be outside my known limits.  

I'm impressed too!  Hope you have a helpful 4 yo.  :)  

I sort of suspect my woes may be partly the result of too little physical activity.  Felt a little better last night, though, and got good sleep.

Glad you have such a good trade situation worked out!

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Oh, and mtn.mama, when you're done with that, you want to come stack the rest of our firewood?  Only 3 cords to go  winky.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#33 of 35 Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 AM

blueheron- i keep wondering what is so different this time around, too that is making me "just feel it" more.  i was busy attending births when I was preggo with my second and still nursing my first then.  i recalled going to births up to when i was 38 weeks and feeling okay about it.  already at 20-26 weeks, i was wondering how i could sit still to for so long to support a mom pushing and then to suture, when needed.  or how i am going to keep contorting my body into positions that are beneficial for the mamababies!  haha  and, i am a mama to two this time around with my second being a very physically intense child who is kinda in her own world vs. the calm first child who paid attention to my requests.  maybe like SeekingSerenity pointed out, I am not a young 27 years old like I was with my first and that's all there is to it!

slimkins- so cool that you saw the CNN voting thing on FB.  Goodness, i post daily reminders on there for people!  we had crazy filming this week but it's really exciting!  we have some Embassy people here in Bali prepping for Obama's trip but he doesn't have clearance to come to the birth center, we've been told.  it's great to have Embassy peeps and some of their media witnessing and reporting on natural prenatal through postpartum care!

mtn. mama- you are awesome and an inspiration to us!  i will make time for acupuncture one more time before i leave Bali.  it's so easy b/c it's part of our clinic 3 days a week.  why haven't i been taking advantage of it!?  will get a massage before boarding the plane for a 7 hour flight, too.  and, I will walk around on the plane to avoid stiffness then have a blast in Korea exploring the town.  Thank you!  my girls want chickens so bad and we were so close to inheriting some earlier this year but the timing wasn't right with our travel.  what kids of things does your 4 yr. old enjoy about helping you? 

TeamGR- what does your name stand for, if you don't mind sharing?  i am totally going to do a prenatal yoga class once we are back in the states.  the timing was off for me here even though we offer it at the birth center.  missed out big time b/c my friend is the teacher.  i was busy doing the prenatals on people while the classes were happening or home to make dinner while hubby began working!  ;)  i like the class environment, personally but am glad to hear of other options. 

for me, i have been riding my bike, playing in the pool with my girls and walking this past week.  busy media time at the birth center on top of attending births, prenatals, posts, etc.  we had a visit from Christy Turlington for a few days (who I recall from the cover of Seventeen magazine as a pre-teen, etc) who started this awesome non-profit called 'Every Mother Counts' and made a movie called 'No Woman, No Cry'.  Have any of you all seen this?  She has an amazing passion for mothers across the world giving birth safely.  It started b/c she had a severe PPH and then began to learn about how dangerous it can be for mamas all over.  she was really neat to chat with- as mind-boggling as it was from my teen years!  i got to help my friend give birth this week, too!!!  even more fabulous than meeting the famous.  now, we are packing to begin our journey back home in a few days.  we'll extended our layover for a fun trip into Seoul, Korea where neither hubby or I do any work!  woo hoo. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#34 of 35 Old 11-12-2011, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Gunter,

I love the class environment too, but it's just impossible with my schedule- I'm actually hoping to get a Mommy & Me class when I'm on maternity leave for a few months :)

My name comes from a running joke my husband and I have.  Neither of us changed our names when we got married, so we collectively call ourselves "Team G(name) R(name)", shortening and combining our last names to make it sound like a super hero name!  The baby will have my husband's last name, but we'll still be Team G-R as a family.  It's one of those things we call ourselves when someone good happens, silly things like getting through all the laundry, or cleaning the apartment, or scoring tickets to a show.  

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#35 of 35 Old 11-18-2011, 01:06 PM

we are making our journey back to the States this evening.  would you all hold us in your thoughts/pray/etc. as we embark on a 15 hour flight back to the USA.  we've already made 7 hours of the flight so far and had a great time in Korea.  We're hoping everyone sleeps on the evening leg of the journey.  You can imagine how *comfortable* that will be for my preggo self.  TIA!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page