Anyone else feel like they hit a wall at 26 weeks pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have felt pretty good this pregnancy so far.  The past few days, however, I have noticed I have been napping during the day when my 3-year-old naps (and I'm not a napper at all and haven't needed naps yet this pregnnacy until now).  Before this, I was able to do all of my normal stuff.  Today, I am feeling especially exhausted, took a nap earlier, and can nap again.  I have been exercising regularly and always looked forward to exercising but the past few days it's a lot of work to even complete my exercise routine. I don't have the energy to finish it the way I used to (just a power walking DVD for 30 minutes).   I do have hypothyroidism but my levels were just tested and were fine. 

I don't remember when I started feeling so tired with my first; I didn't think it was until later.  I get plenty of fluids and am taking my prenatal. I also have been eating good as well.

Is this just a normal thing at this stage?  Will I get my energy back soon, or does this mean it will continue to decrease until the baby is here?

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I don't know if it's normal or not but I am experiencing the same thing.  I am 27 1/2 weeks and the past few days I've been EXHAUSTED...I needed a nap on Fri and Sat and today I layed down on dd's bed for about an hour reading books to her and dozing off...I definitely would have taken a nap if DH had been around to take DD.  I don't like DD watching TV but I am SO tempted to buy a few hour long videos so I can distract her for an hour and nap on the couch (she doesn't nap anymore so most days I don't have the option of napping unless I pay for a babysitter).  I can't imagine what it will be like when the baby actually gets here!

I also don't remember feeling this tired with DD when I was at this stage...I remember feeling bad in the first tri then really good until the last few weeks.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#3 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 PM

I'm there, but I'm also remembering this is the time of major growth and blood volume expansion, so I'm being very aware of the food I'm eating and taking the rest I need. I'm also thinking I'm a bit on the anemic side so another reason to be aware of my eating and making sure I'm getting enough iron, calories, and protein.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#4 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM

I have been exhausted too, but I thought it was due to catching every cold that my Kindergarder brings home.  I am usually not prone to getting colds or illnesses, but I just figured my immune system might be down. 

Mamma to Sasha (5), Anastasija (2), and expecting a new baby girl this winter!

#5 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 07:28 PM

Yes I will be 27 weeks on Wednesday, and about 2 days ago I got this overwhelming exhaustion! And just the feeling of being DONE. I think it's normal, and for me has to do with all the sugar I've been eating (yay Halloween!)

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#6 of 9 Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Almost 26 weeks and exhausted! Although I have a cold that hit me this weekend after being slightly  there last weekend, it was weird. I napped today and it is 830 and I am so ready for bed. I have napped with my my son this whole pregnancy on my days off. I just love sleeping and need it.

#7 of 9 Old 11-07-2011, 12:31 PM

I just turned 28 weeks yesterday, and I feel like I hit a wall this weekend. I slept 12 hours last night, and I feel like I could totally take a nap right now.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#8 of 9 Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM

I've been falling asleep at 9pm or 10pm when I usually go to bed at 12pm. Last night, I feel asleep on the couch snuggling my dog and my DH put blankets over me and brought me to bed when he did at 1pm. I'm not lasting as long as I used to. I have no energy to cook dinner and my kitchen is a mess. I hope this is just a phase and the rest of pregnancy isn't so exhausting.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#9 of 9 Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM

There is something about this phase of pregnancy where our bodies require more iron.  I have been feeling totally off - not only tired but getting headaches and even some dark bruises on my legs. And lots of varicose veins.  Turns out my iron is low.  I am now taking an iron supplement (the liquid non-constipating one) and drinking nettles tea.  Feeling like the exhaustion is waning a bit.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page