3 more months...really? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is number 3 for me and is definitely the hardest pregnancy. I can't believe I have 3 more months to go. Aaargh. My body aches, I am tired, my temper is short (my poor kiddos). The only good thing is that the holidays are upon us and that should make the next 2 months fly by! Now off to try to clean my house some more...maybe that is why the foul mood? guilty.gif

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Oh I totally feel ya'. I am not loving pregnancy this time around. Two crazy boys to chase, all of the house work, and I was previously a SAHM and now I work. Granted I work in an office as a lactation counselor, but still. I would much rather stay home all day and rest if I need to. My back hurts, I'm much bigger this time (despite gaining MUCH less than previous pregnancies) and way crabbier. Every morning I try to close my eyes and say "I will be patient today. I will be patient today." I take many more "mommy time outs" lately just to get back to my zen self. Poor DH and DS's, lol. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#3 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 08:11 AM

i am not bigger this pregnancy, as of yet but i feel so awkward in my sleeping and sitting positions.  it's making this pregnancy seem longer in this season.  like, how am i such a fumbling around sleeper?  maybe i just need more pillows?  haha.  but, yeah, it's got me thinking about 3 more months of this???

and, i am all about getting lots of help that i would not get otherwise while i am preggers.  last pregnancy when i was constantly throwing up, we got a 'green cleaning company' to come every two weeks to clean the house during my last trimester and it was worth it!  i get that not everyone wants to budget in for such things but just as an example of taking care of ourselves/splurging/getting help in one area to make the other areas easier. 

like both of you, naturegirl & mamanosih- this is my third babe.

much love to all of you fellow mamas out there!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#4 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM

I can't believe there are 3 more months left either.  This is my first pregnancy but for some reason I am pretty big already.  My mom and sister keep teasing me about how big I am and how much bigger I am going to get, and I get at least one "are you sure it's not twins???" comment per day, usually from random coworkers who think they are being really funny.  I'm not feeling too horrible or anything, just a bit tired and uncomfortable.  What is getting to me a bit is the "beached whale" feeling, and knowing that it is only going to get worse.  Pregnancy is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be, heh.

#5 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicrocket View Post

What is getting to me a bit is the "beached whale" feeling, and knowing that it is only going to get worse.

YEAH THAT.  if it falls on the floor, i am not picking it up.  underneath my desk at work is just a junk heap of pens and pencils.  (and popcorn, etc)

i almost got hostile with dh about having to pick up the tiny little things a two year old throws around the living room.  i am so done bending over. 

standing at the sink sucks too. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#6 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

YEAH THAT.  if it falls on the floor, i am not picking it up.  underneath my desk at work is just a junk heap of pens and pencils.  (and popcorn, etc)

i almost got hostile with dh about having to pick up the tiny little things a two year old throws around the living room.  i am so done bending over. 

standing at the sink sucks too. 

Yep, I am with in the bending over department. Though, I still can, but I am getting tired of it. As often as I can, I make myself squat.

At the end of the day, I can tell my lower abdomen is really mad at me. I also need to slow down my walking.

As for standing at the sink, I do ok as long I don't lean too hard on it.

Although even though it is getting tough, I, actually, can't believe we only have 3 months left. Crazy!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#7 of 10 Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 PM

I feel like I need to be done soon but also that I have a ton to do!

I had a rib out of place about 3 weeks ago and since then it acts up super easily. Last night it started hurting from sitting sideways at childbirth classes. I had to turn sideways because my tail bone was going numb. I do chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, prenatal yoga, epsom salt baths, and a heating pad - sometimes all in the same 2 days if its really bad. Last night at 2am I had to take a epsom salt bath and sleep on my heating pad. I bought a styrofoam cylinder from my chiro that I roll on back on and that helps so much. The laying down twist from prenatal yoga helped a lot this morning. I have no more sick time because this pregnancy has really taken a toll on me, and I get 2 weeks of sick time a year! At least its all worth it, I just hope my aches and pains disappear after I have the baby.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#8 of 10 Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM

I hate to complain, BUT I will join. lol This is my second pregnancy and it has been tough. Having a toddler to tend to makes it a lot more ...... interesting. Anyway, I have a house cleaning business and I clean houses 3-4 days a week. It is getting VERY uncomfortable and I plan on working until the baby comes. Last week I had two days where my body was not having any of it and I took breaks a lot, which I hate doing because I like to clean and go, but I am going to have to deal with taking breaks. I have been seeing the chiro and love going because she really helps me, but there are some things that are just going to taunt me until the baby comes. I know we can all do this, one day at a time!!! Hang in there ladies!

#9 of 10 Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 AM

hildare & slimkins- yes to being done bending over!  i am not alone in this, eh?  haha.  my precious babes have to pick everything up off the floor for me. 

it makes attending births so interesting...pivoting over the side of a birth tub the other night was awe- some, in the true sense of the word.  i got rather wet and ended up with one foot in the tub.  ;)  it was all worth it for my dear friend though!

kaydove- your poor ribs!  i am glad that you are doing such great self-care.  you inspired me to take care of myself this week as we travel some. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#10 of 10 Old 11-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Rin

I feel pretty fortunate in the fact that this pregnancy (my second) hasn't been too difficult. I'm working full time ( which I wasn't with my DS) and my only annoyance is that people at work freal out when I pick up a box , or bend over, or reach above my head. Because this pregnancy has been somewhat easy I've been absolutely in denial about the whole thing. My MW told me that I really need to start processiing and preparing for labor. After my next appointment we start seeing each other every two weeks. Whoa.

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page