I can see my belly moving! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With DD I had an anterior (?) placenta, and this time I have a posterior placenta so I have been able to feel way more movement than I ever did with DD. It is kind of crazy actually how much I can feel him. Also, this time I can look down and see my belly moving around, and DH can see it too (so I know Im not crazy). It is a little weird, and since it didnt happen last time it's a new experience for me. Can anyone else see their baby moving inside them?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:42 PM

How wonderful that you are experiencing the movement and being able to see it.  I was able to see my DS move and this little girl is a mover as well.  I have just begun to see her moving in the last week :).  It's so cool!

Stephanie
Momma to Gavin (3/24/09), Heart broken 6/13/10, TTC
#3 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 PM

It is one on my absolute favorites, along with seeing and feeling actual, little body parts.

Just wait until you are even further along, and you literally identify what part you are seeing.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#4 of 17 Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM

My DP noticed my belly moving first, it freaked me out. When she's moving a lot I'll take a look, it's a little weird to me.

Expecting #1 in February 2012. Have two furbabies. Kiadog2.gif Bootsie dog2.gif goorganic.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 17 Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

With DD I had an anterior (?) placenta, and this time I have a posterior placenta so I have been able to feel way more movement than I ever did with DD. It is kind of crazy actually how much I can feel him. Also, this time I can look down and see my belly moving around, and DH can see it too (so I know Im not crazy). It is a little weird, and since it didnt happen last time it's a new experience for me. Can anyone else see their baby moving inside them?

Yes, me too!  I also had an anterior placenta last time so this is super cool and new for us too.  biggrinbounce.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#6 of 17 Old 11-16-2011, 05:36 AM

I had an anterior placenta with DS1 too, and he was very laid back in the womb too. I rarely felt him, and it was so hard doing kick counts and such too. This time, I have an anterior placenta again, but it's lower and to the right. This little guy is super active too and is all over the place. Last night, he played the drums on my tailbone. Weirdest feeling ever! I'm loving this. I've been seeing my belly move for a couple weeks now, and DH was finally around at the right time to feel some kicking too. I took a video last week of my belly moving too. I just love how different this pregnancy is. I had such a hard time emotionally with my first pregnancy. 

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#7 of 17 Old 11-16-2011, 07:55 AM

I can see my little guy move now too! I love it! It's one of my favorite parts of pregnancy.  My placenta is one the top front and was in the same spot for my son, so it's been the same experience as to when I could see movement on the outside.  My DH loves to watch and feel the baby move too, he says it makes it more real for him.  My DS 18 months, laughs when his brother kicks him while he's nursing.  I'm not sure that DS knows what the movement is yet, but it's so cool to see their bond already starting! love.gif

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#8 of 17 Old 11-21-2011, 04:51 AM

It is SO fun isnt it?  I love it when my husband is there to see it too!

#9 of 17 Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM

I have been able to see this one since freakishly early.  I think like 15 weeks??  So weird.  It didn't happen very often, but DH has seen it too, so I know its not just in my mind. 

#10 of 17 Old 11-28-2011, 08:10 PM

We started seeing movement from the outside of my belly at around 18 weeks. DH gets such a kick (sorry bad pun) out of it! We seem to have a pretty active one - we couldn't even get a view of the baby's profile during our ultrasound because s/he was somersaulting non-stop. One evening recently I felt almost constant movement for 5 hours straight, and now at 27 weeks the kicks are so strong I get startled sitting at my desk at work. I hope this kid naps once s/he is out of the womb because I feel like I might be in for it!

#11 of 17 Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Oh yes- I feel every movement. Already feel knees/elbows glide along my tummy front. I watch my belly move and wiggle- and it's 29 weeks- I'm not sure how much more I can stretch- lol. I'm sure i'll be seeing footprints through my skin soon!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
#12 of 17 Old 12-04-2011, 02:59 PM

I love seeing limbs move across my belly!

#13 of 17 Old 12-05-2011, 01:26 AM

I confess all the movement makes me a bit nauseous sometimes!!!

#14 of 17 Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM

Yesterday the baby was stretching so much in two directions that my belly was completely oblong!  So weird!  It's super fun to see the movement, but Frannie, I totally agree that occasionally it's so much I get nauseous!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#15 of 17 Old 12-06-2011, 04:06 PM

She's kicking my ribs a lot lately. Apparently, she really hates being smushed at all, like when I'm sitting at my desk at work she kicks and stretches and pushes on me. DH and I joke that she's bossy. :) My DH can always get her to move or respond to his voice, since about 15 weeks, its so cool.

One of my dogs likes to lay his head on my stomach and listen to the baby. He pulled my DH's hand over to my belly once! My other dog hates feeling the baby kick and always moves when she does.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#16 of 17 Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 AM

so cool :) Your whole family is interacting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

She's kicking my ribs a lot lately. Apparently, she really hates being smushed at all, like when I'm sitting at my desk at work she kicks and stretches and pushes on me. DH and I joke that she's bossy. :) My DH can always get her to move or respond to his voice, since about 15 weeks, its so cool.

One of my dogs likes to lay his head on my stomach and listen to the baby. He pulled my DH's hand over to my belly once! My other dog hates feeling the baby kick and always moves when she does.

#17 of 17 Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM

Kaydove, that is sweet how your baby reacts to your husband. Maybe I just don't notice it, but I don't think this little one reacts to much on the outside. Other than really loud noises.

The baby's movement doesn't ever make me nauseous, but one the thing gives me the heebie jeebies some times. When I can feel movement (usually hand tickles) down low and on the inside.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page