Yeah, that was my last car trip - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I went to a city about 3 hours away two days ago. My hips still hurt. It was SO uncomfortable. I totally dont remember it being like this last time. Is anyone else already just so uncomfortable when sitting still?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 11:48 AM

i'm uncomfortable sitting... and i am uncomfortable lying down... and uncomfortable moving.  blech. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

And breathing, you forgot breathing. And eating.

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM

Ugh... we are driving to Houston, from Atlanta for Christmas and we are only going to be there for 3 days. I am DREADING sitting in a car that long, but I REALLY want to see my family! Sigh....

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

You are crazy. Crazy, crazy, crazy.

I dont think I love anyone enough to sit in a car that long right now wink1.gif I suggest pillows, and lots of them, and not caring about seatbelt laws. Its the only real way.

SIDS happens. 

#6 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM

Yea. We may take out the middle seats in our minivan and make a bed... and lots of stopping to pee and walk...

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#7 of 8 Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM

When I was preggo with my first son, we drove seven hours each way to visit relatives.  My legs swelled up to the size of a baby elephant :lol.  This time (and actually, several times since that incident) we have taken the train to get where we needed to go.  Riding the train figures out to be a shorter trip, when you add in the pee stops and dinner/switching drivers, etc.  For us, a train is cheaper with two adults and 1 child than driving.  Our car is really good on gas, but we always tend to buy more at restaurants/gas stations than we planned for.  Of course, you can walk around as needed, and there are usually areas for kids to wander about (if nothing else, the snack car is a good place to stretch legs and play table games).

So, yeah, if that's an option, I would totally go for train :D.

#8 of 8 Old 12-11-2011, 11:14 AM

I am going on a 24-25 hour car trip (each way!) through Canada next Wednesday. 2 days there and 2 days back. Each 12-13 hour days. Not looking forward to this trip at 33 weeks with a 7 and 3 year old. Wish me luck!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page