pregnancy/baby myths - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies, just wanted to know if you have heard of any ridiculous new born myths... just want us to share a good laugh. I heard that if you eat lots of eggs during pregnancy your baby will come out with no hair.orngbiggrin.gif

#2 of 8 Old 12-09-2011, 07:50 AM

lol! Love the myths! My babies like to prove that wrong. I ate the most eggs my last pregnancy and had the hairiest baby.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 8 Old 12-11-2011, 07:22 PM

If you puke alot, your baby will be super hairy.  Don't know if this one is true yet.  I didn't puke hardly at all with Michael, and he came out SOO bald.  This one has been a puky pregnancy.  Will I birth a monkey? :lol  We will see ;).

#4 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Hah!  I thought that it was if you have lots of heartburn you'll have a hairy baby.  I had awful heartburn with DD and she was born with a full head of hair plus some on her back and shoulders and tummy and legs!  This time, the heartburn is pretty manageable.  I've been crediting it to my more healthful eating-- maybe she'll just be bald though!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#5 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 03:03 PM

I've heard that the heartburn/ hair connection is one of those old myths that has actually been backed up experimentally!  

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/health/20really.html?_r=1&oref=slogin  (New York Times article from 2007 that confirms the myth via a Johns Hopkins' study!)

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#6 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 AM

So what if you eat a lot of eggs, puke a lot but no heartburn? That sums it up for me...Guess I will have an average hairy baby? lol

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#7 of 8 Old 12-15-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post

So what if you eat a lot of eggs, puke a lot but no heartburn? That sums it up for me...Guess I will have an average hairy baby? lol

ROTFLMAO.gif

I have had horrible heartburn with each pregnancy. DS1 was born with a shiny bald head and literally did not sprout a hair until after his first birthday. DS2, again, TERRIBLE heart burn and he was also pretty much bald. 

I've never heard the egg one, that is funny!

One thing that I always hear is that if you're really sick, you will have a girl. I have had mild to no morning sickness with each pregnancy (no actual vomiting this time) and have had three boys... so it's been true for me. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#8 of 8 Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 AM

omg my heartburn is so bad!  And my husband is indian, so i am kind of expecting a dark hairy baby, haha.  I am CRAVING milk like crazy all the time (I drink like a liter a day) and my husband keeps saying milk craving = hairy baby!!!   

LOL what is with the obsession with hair on a baby? 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page