On day 5 of the D's... TMI warning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-11-2011, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am now 29 weeks along and have had no bowel issues whatsoever (have always been very regular) until this past Wednesday (5 days ago) when I had a bout of diarrhea after dinner. I figured I had just made my chili a little too spicy and that maybe it didn't settle well. But the next day I had another loose BM in the afternoon and several more that evening. By Friday I was feeling better, but still had 2 loose BMs. Then one on Saturday... and now two today... I cannot figure out what it going on with my body. I *feel* okay most of the time (appetite fine, energy levels ok, stomach feels ok) and will only sometimes get sick after eating. I am so frustrated because I keep thinking I'm getting better and then it happens again guilty.gif It is making me crazy! 

Has anyone else been sick like this? Does this sound like a virus of some sort maybe? I'm the only one in my household who is sick and have been eating the same foods as everyone else... Any ideas anyone?

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
#2 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 06:09 AM

MamaShannon, This happened to me near the end of my last preg, and lasted a few days.  My doctor said we should take a stool sample (hello, embarassing!) to Labcorp to be tested for any dangerous bacteria.  I took the sample to the lab the next morning, and it was cleared up later that day!  It turned out to be a virus that only I had, and everything was fine after those rough couple of days.  I hope yours clears up soon, just stay hydrated and rest if you can.  Hugs!

Mamma to Sasha (5), Anastasija (2), and expecting a new baby girl this winter!

#3 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you jaimeemiaj! It's reassuring to hear that someone has had a similar experience. I am debating whether or not to call my MW or OB today because it actually seems to be getting better... I've never given anyone a stool sample before, ha! Yea, talk about embarrassing. I think if I have another "episode" today I will call for sure and just get tested to make sure everything is ok. 

Thanks for the hugs! :)

Wife to my heartbeat.gifDHheartbeat.gif since 2002, and mama to my AMAZING little girls (2/2009 & 3/2012), a sweet little angel1.gif in heaven (3/2008) and hoping for another healthybabyf.gif 1/20/2015!    
#4 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 03:00 PM

I am having the same experience right now, MamaShannon. I was worried at first it was the result of a recent weekend in Mexico for a friend's wedding, but I'm happy to hear I'm not completely abnormal. It's not consistent though, so I think it's just another one of those pregnancy "things".

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#5 of 8 Old 12-12-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

TeamGR, did you talk to your doctor about it? I ended up not calling because I haven't gotten sick again today (knock on wood...) so I'm hoping my body is finally getting back to normal. I wonder, too, if being pregnant makes our bodies take a little longer to heal, especially when it comes to butt issues... I hope things get regular for you soon!

#6 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Hi MamaShannon, I did ask my doctor, and she basically said if it's not constant and I'm drinking enough fluids, there's nothing to be done. So, I'm just drinking fluids and hoping it goes away. 

Does anyone else feel like pregnancy symptoms are basically "Well, it could be really bad, or it could be just pregnancy, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see?"

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#7 of 8 Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM

Yes!  Well said! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGR View Post

Does anyone else feel like pregnancy symptoms are basically "Well, it could be really bad, or it could be just pregnancy, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see?"

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#8 of 8 Old 12-16-2011, 10:09 PM

TeamGR, that's how it was with my first trimester migraines.  "Well, it's not normal for pregnancy, but it happens.  We call it 'atypical.'"  Oh jee, thanks! :lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page