Head down! Yipee!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went in for my 33 week US today and baby was head down! DD was breech at this point, and I spent weeks doing all kind of craziness to get her to turn (upside down with clothespins on my toes with DH holding a bag of frozen peas to my abdomen) and then finally had to haven external version. Thankfully, it was successful, but the weeks leading up to it were very stressful and I worried a lot. I know there is a chance that baby can still turn, but for now he is head down and I have a huge sense of relief!

He "weighed in" at 4 lbs 11 oz, putting him a full pound bigger than his sister was at 33 weeks gestation.

What about you? Where is your baby?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 24 Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Mine flipped down at 28 weeks and stayed there. I think she's comfy, although she's a not straight up and down, more like angled to the side a bit. I so hope she stays head down! My back pain went away once she went from transverse to vertex, but the kicks to ribs are getting old. I nudge her back and she kicks harder against my hand! Her estimated weight is 4 lbs 6 oz at 31 weeks.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#3 of 24 Old 12-15-2011, 06:16 AM

i am so glad, AM!  i know that was a huge worry for you.

currently baby b is head down with his toes in my ribs.  and doc says about a pound more than the average at this point, in the 90 somethingth percentile for size.  just like dd was.  (the weird thing is my weight gain is waaaaay less than it was with her.  i guess for us they aren't connected.)

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#4 of 24 Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 AM

Great news, Adaline'smama!  Here's wishing your smooth sailing from here on out!

My babe is still flipping around a little bit.  She was breech at my 27 week u/s.  But, she seems to be mostly head down.  Honestly, though, that concern has slipped from my mind as I adjust to the placenta previa, bleeding, c-section issues. 

I am super curious about her estimated size though since I'm concerned about premature c-section.  I'm suddenly hoping for a bigger baby.  At the 27 week u/s she was estimated at 2lb 11oz.  I'm hoping she's continued that growth trajectory.  My weight gain has started to increase too as I've been sitting on my a** so much trying to take it easy.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#5 of 24 Old 12-15-2011, 03:59 PM

My little guy is head down, too! My MW checked via ultra sound at my 31 wk appt, and then just by feeling at my 33. His back is on my right side and sometimes he is head down but sort of angled, like how kaydove described. And yep, rib kicks are old. I swear once last week though I felt him turn breech. Either that or those were REALLLLY hard punches to my cervix, lol. But I swear they were little feet. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#6 of 24 Old 12-16-2011, 02:26 AM

I feel so so happy to after I hearing this success stories.Hope it will be all right.All the best....

remedies for infertility

#7 of 24 Old 12-16-2011, 04:14 AM

I am so jealous!  I am worried.  I am 34 weeks and baby is still flopping all about and not committed to ANY position, and has not started descending yet.  I fear (s)he wont go head down and that natural birth will elude me.   I have a mw appt next week where we will assess again and otherwise start doing headdown techniques.   Think positive thoughts for me!

#8 of 24 Old 12-16-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannieM View Post

I am so jealous!  I am worried.  I am 34 weeks and baby is still flopping all about and not committed to ANY position, and has not started descending yet.  I fear (s)he wont go head down and that natural birth will elude me.   I have a mw appt next week where we will assess again and otherwise start doing headdown techniques.   Think positive thoughts for me!

This is me too. At my appointment this week the baby is still sitting up breech. I'm not sure at what point I really should start worrying.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#9 of 24 Old 12-16-2011, 07:40 AM

My guy is head down, but isn't engaged at all.  I think that's a good thing though, since he is currently posterior.  I can see both of his feet pushing around at the top front of my belly, which is causing me to have recurring dreams about his legs spontaneously coming out of my belly.  So weird!

#10 of 24 Old 12-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Eh.  Baby is currently transverse at 31 weeks.  Michael was transverse until the day before his scheduled c/s for breech.  That was 39 weeks.  I was able to labor with him once he turned, instead of c/s, so that was good.

#11 of 24 Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 AM

Good luck!  I am really trying not to worry... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzubo View Post

This is me too. At my appointment this week the baby is still sitting up breech. I'm not sure at what point I really should start worrying.

#12 of 24 Old 12-21-2011, 06:32 PM

at my appointment today (32 1/2 weeks) babe is breech.  ob said that babies are still moving around at this point though, around 25% are breech now (?).

but it does explain all the b-h contractions i've been having.. he said your uterus tries to get them into the right position, so you naturally have more contrax if they're still heads-up.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#13 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 02:43 AM

I was too, hildare, but I dont even want to use the word breech because it sounds too negative!  I prefer saying "baby is not head down yet"... keep those positive thoughts flowing :)   I will be 35 weeks and two days on tuesday when I see my midwife and I am really hoping baby is head down by then.

#14 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

but it does explain all the b-h contractions i've been having.. he said your uterus tries to get them into the right position, so you naturally have more contrax if they're still heads-up.

oh, interesting!  DS is head down now, at 33 weeks, and I had been having TONS of BH contractions that seem to have tapered off.

Me to my MIL: "Everything was good at my appointment today, and the midwife said baby was head down.  I'm so happy!"

MIL:  "Well there's no guarantee he won't flip back."

um, thanks MIL.  You always know just what to say.  eyesroll.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#15 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 05:45 AM

My guy has been head down at my last several appts., but I still feel him moving around so much, I know he's not always. Although, I think most of the time he is moving from ROA to LOA, and sometimes posterior, but still head down. Definitely not engaged yet.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#16 of 24 Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 AM

I saw a story on facebook Baby was breech and at 41 weeks he flipped and was born, he was 12lbs! Love it!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#17 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 AM

nice, i definitely like to hear this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post

I saw a story on facebook Baby was breech and at 41 weeks he flipped and was born, he was 12lbs! Love it!

#18 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Frannie, Ramzubo and anyone else dealing with a possible breech baby-- I'd really recommend trying to see a Webster certified chiropractor.  The research done really shows that chiro adjustments can turn the baby.  But, it's not a quick last minute fix, it usually takes several adjustments.   You both have plenty of time now to start and see if it helps. 

Good luck... DD was breech and I ended up having a c-section because of it.  I know how stressful this can be!

#19 of 24 Old 12-23-2011, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Also, to people who dont have head down babies, www.spinningbabies.com is a fantastic resource.

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#20 of 24 Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 AM

yay for head down babies!

another great resource is optimal fetal positioning.  http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#21 of 24 Old 12-27-2011, 03:10 AM

Just back from the midwife, and baby is head down and starting to descend, everything is perfect :)   Hooray!  

#22 of 24 Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM

Yay!  Congrats, Frannie!

#23 of 24 Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Frannie,
speaking of that "starting to descend", I feel like Im right there with you. In the past week, it feels like I can feel the baby's head way further down than before. DD was breech, and she was only head down for 30 hours, so this feeling is completely new to me. It makes it really hard to sit down. Is this the "dropped" feeling that people often refer to?

SIDS happens. 

#24 of 24 Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 AM

maybe!!  My belly is even starting to LOOK lower (and bigger, whoo boy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Frannie,
speaking of that "starting to descend", I feel like Im right there with you. In the past week, it feels like I can feel the baby's head way further down than before. DD was breech, and she was only head down for 30 hours, so this feeling is completely new to me. It makes it really hard to sit down. Is this the "dropped" feeling that people often refer to?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page