Lower pelvic pain/pressure - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else feeling this?

Mine starting yesterday evening - I was fine in the early part of the day today and now it's back.  When I stand up from sitting or laying down, I get pain and pressure in my lower pelvis and it's difficult to walk.  It usually eases a little once I'm up and walking around, and I feel fine when sitting or laying.

I googled it and it seems like it's normal, but I think it's a bit early to me to be having this.  I think I remember having it with DD but not until I was around 40 weeks or something.  I'll be 34 weeks on Tuesday.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#2 of 6 Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 PM

i am wearing a belly band support thing for help with this!  it's not so painful but there is pressure.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#3 of 6 Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

I have one of those too and it does help a little but it bothers me when I sit down - maybe I am wearing it too tight?

#4 of 6 Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM

i'm having it too, and i didn't last time.  it's also combined with some braxton hicks contraction that are pretty crazy. 

i notice it's happening after i exert myself.  no more vacuuming the house with dd in the ergo. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#5 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

I am having this too for the past 2 weeks or so. I'm 34 weeks yesterday. And they're usually accompanied by BH. Not fun. I planned to bring it up to my MW. I don't really remember having BH's every day and this pressure with my two previous pregnancies. I'm thinking that maybe I'm just more aware of them this time around. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-22-2011, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, mine are definitely worst when I've been exerting myself too much - tue evening was the worst, I had been Christmas shopping all morning so walking around stores a lot, then cooked dinner, got DD ready for bed, and cleaned the kitchen.  By the time I was done I could barely walk.

I talked to my midwife about it this week and she said it doesn't indicate a problem with the baby but just the positioning of the baby - he's likely low or pinching on my nerves or something.  She said there are three ways to deal with it - have the baby, wear a support belt, and/or see a chiropractor.

Obviously having the baby is not an option right now!  I have a thin support belt which helps a little but i'm getting a bigger one that goes above and below the tummy.  I also just realized my insurance will actually cover chiropractic (yay!) so I have an appointment next week.

Thankfully if i can lay down for at least 20 minutes the pain usually improves a lot - I can't believe I still have 6 weeks left of this and it's hard limiting my activity!!!  I have an active 3 year old. I have nothing ready for the baby, was planning to spend a whole day cooking food to freeze, and several other things I wanted to get done.  Oh well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page