Help in thinking positive - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-23-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm finding myself being sorta negative about the pregnancy lately - complaining about all the aches and pains and then there's all the worrying - so I would like to list all the positive things and stuff I've enjoyed to help get me out of this funk. The stress of the move and the holidays combined with memories from last Christmas when I had just experienced a miscarriage are making me depressed.

Maybe we could all use some positivity to help us in the last couple months and through the holidays. So here's the things I've enjoyed about this pregnancy and that I'm thankful for:

Feeling baby move

Baby being healthy

Me being healthy

Watching my husband get so excited for the baby

Hearing him talk and sing to her

That he's convinced that my belly button is like a direct line to the baby so he talks to her only right over it

That my DH can always get the baby to move with the sound of his voice

She's head down already!

My awesome baby shower

Strangers haven't touched my belly and people I know ask if its okay

My wonderful midwife

Being given maternity clothes so I didn't have to buy that many

Finding a name we love pretty easily

Learning to trust my body again

Experiencing the miracle of growing my baby!

Your turn!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#2 of 6 Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 PM

I have lots to be thankful for lately. I have such generous family and friend, this month was going to be so hard but so many wonderful people helped in ways I didn't think I could ask for and life is good.

I'm thankful:
I have 90% of my birth supplies
I'm going to have a baby blessing next month
I'll be doing a belly cast this week
Baby is moving all the time
My older kiddos are already in love with baby
How involved our little family is with bonding with the baby
I feel healthy
My hips only hurt some of the time
I can sleep comfortably most of the night
I have 2 amazing friends and my mom who have voluntered to be at the birth to help in anyway
My DH is so excited
I really feel good.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 6 Old 12-23-2011, 09:54 PM

And great idea Kaydove!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#4 of 6 Old 12-25-2011, 12:24 PM

Woo, this is just in time and a needed reminder, thank you. 

I am grateful for: 

Baby movement. 

How excited my husband is. 

That we got the co-sleeper and glider. 

My doula is really on the same page I am. 

The hospital we're going to is one of the most natural birth friendly in the country. 

That I haven't been in too much pain considering how bad it could be. 

My beautiful Christmas presents and tree. 

That I am starting to be curious and excited about what the baby is going to be like. 

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#5 of 6 Old 12-25-2011, 04:54 PM

Hello! I am new here and due in February. Kaydove, I also went through a miscarriage right around this time last year. I'm so glad you posted this.

Lately my moods have been really hard to deal with. I have a history of anxiety, depression, mood swings and ADD that I usually manage with exercise, herbal supplements, and acupuncture. Because of the pregnancy I haven't been able to take the one supplement that really seems to help (rhodiola rosea). And all the crazy hormones don't help either. I feel really neurotic and anxious these days and kind of down on being pregnant (even though I am very grateful to be pregnant and looking forward to the baby!).

So...

Spending 4 days in Key West last week for a last pre-baby vacation
The feeling that the baby is coming along with me for new adventures or interesting experiences (travel, readings, events)
The beautiful little baby shower my mom organized last weekend
Feeling the baby move (even when it’s uncomfortable)
Pushing myself to be a little more active has been good - I still have about 8 weeks to walk more and swim and do exercises to prepare for the birth
The awesome birth center I'm going to and being able to get dibs on the room I want to have the baby in
I’ve been really happy with my midwives so far
For the time being, we have a decent place to live that meets our basic needs
I can afford to buy nutritious and healthy food
CSA has started and I will have plenty of organic greens to eat
Not having to teach next semester
Getting to know a couple of friends better recently
Hugs from my husband
That prayers work
Rescue Remedy
Acupuncture and my super kind and accommodating acupuncturist

We have most of the basic thing/supplies we'll need for the baby's first couple of weeks

#6 of 6 Old 12-29-2011, 08:04 PM

Great idea!  I'm definitely at that uncomfortable, "done with being pregnant" phase so it's great to focus on positive things:

My baby is active and appears to be healthy and growing

I am SO excited about the wonderful birth center I'll be delivering at

He is head down and I'm almost at 36 weeks (breech and early labor are two conditions that could force me to deliver in a hospital)

I discovered my insurance will cover chiropractic care so I have my first appointment next week to deal with pelvic and back pain

DH has been looking for a job in his field for a while and working a temporary job he hates - we just accepted what seems to be a great position for DH which will take so much financial stress off him that he's been dealing with this whole pregnancy

I still have about a month to get my freezer stocked up with healthy foods and finish sewing diapers for this little one

3 y.o. DD is finally sleeping through the night regularly for the first time in her life!!! (she is sleeping in my bed and I was hoping to have her sttn in her own bed but hey, 12 hours of constant sleep is wonderful even if it is in my bed)

I have one more week of vacation to get everything set up and ready for the baby

I'll be holding my little boy in my arms sometime in the next 6 weeks!!!

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page