WE are next!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else as excited as I am that the DDC having babies right now is January!?!!?!

You know what that means... we need to get our butts in gear!

Seeing as some of us might be having our LO by the end of this month.

Let's do this, ladies!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#2 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 AM

I am so excited!  A bunch of us will reach 37 weeks next week, so the countdown is on.  I am really looking forward to reading our own Feb. DDC birth stories!

#3 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 AM

I just had my c-section scheduled for 1/27 so I'm facing a 3 week and 2 day countdown.  Starting to get really excited!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#4 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I just had my c-section scheduled for 1/27 so I'm facing a 3 week and 2 day countdown.  Starting to get really excited!

Parsley, I know that is obviously not your original wishes or plan, but I am so excited for you. I wonder if you will be the first. I know we have a couple of other ladies that are due late January vs. February.

I think I am speaking for all of us in saying that we will be thinking of you, and wishing you all the best!!!!

Are you ready?

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#5 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 AM

Definitely wishing you the best, Parsley! 

#6 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 AM

I noticed that the other day! I'm 37 weeks on 1/23 which is just crazing to me! I have so much to do!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#7 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Kaydove, I am also 37 weeks on the 2rd. :)

and atomicrocket, I, too, can't wait to read our birth stories.

#8 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm so excited for baby to get here! I am just 35 weeks now and I'm so done being pregnant and huge.  I still have tons to do though....

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#9 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 PM

I found out that my baby dropped down really low, and it hit me that I need to get into gear to prepare!  I went to Target to pick up a baby bathtub, washcloths, some disposables for the first couple of weeks until we can get rested enough to use our cloth diaper stash, and some yummy apricot baby oil by Burts Bees.  I thought I had been preparing well by washing diapers, clothes, blankets, etc, but I forgot about those other little things.  It did feel a little surreal buying these items, like this is really happening in a couple of weeks!  How is everyone else feeling?

Mamma to Sasha (5), Anastasija (2), and expecting a new baby girl this winter!

#10 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 PM

Internally I'm freaking out but I'm also starting to get to that point where all I can think is "ok hurry it up!" I have cloth diapers avail. I have all the birth supplies I need. Pretty much now we just wait!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#11 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM

Exciting!  And I'm so happy that so far no one seems to have had a baby too early (I hope I'm right about that!).  yay for nice long gestations!

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#12 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 PM

I'm 36 weeks today--it's crunch time!

#13 of 25 Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM

I can tell it's getting close because I've been nesting like crazy lately. Although it seems I can never get completely organized with my other two constantly undoing my cleaning. Trying to prepare this house for a Homebirth seems impossible with two toddlers.help.gif

Happily married since '06 joy.gif SAHM to DS biggrinbounce.gif Asher born April of '08 and DD energy.gifEvangeline born April of '09. Expecting stork-suprise.gif and planning our first h20homebirth.gif in February of 2012.

#14 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 02:38 AM

i'm due late January, but I think Parsley might beat me to it :)   I am NOT ready, so this baby can stay in for a bit as far as I am concerned!!

#15 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 AM

any one due the 12th of feb???xx

#16 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 AM

our dd got moved to the 11th but who knows.  it will most likely be earlier and possibly a scheduled one, still unsure right now.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#17 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM

yes, getting excited.  also, wanting to keep this babe in and make it to Feb! 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#18 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Hey -- been absent for awhile but excited to have the time to rejoin y'all as our DDs approach!

I'm 36 weeks -- will be 37 next Weds. Planning a home birth and my daughter came at 38 weeks, so could be sooner than later. My hubby and I are working like mad to get the house ready for the birth and the new baby! So much to do! Hoping the baby waits 'til its due dat e-- Feb. 1.

#19 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM

I'm due the 11th! And I haven't done a DARN thing. I don't need to buy anything, but I do need to get my booty into the storage room to haul out all the newborn clothes and diapers. And wash them. And a million other things that I don't want to think about. My only consolation is that I tend to drag in the last weeks because I don't have anything to do but watch the calendar...maybe my procrastination will pay off. Or bite me in the butt, whichever. LOL

Misti, mom to DS (12), DS (9), DD (3), and Mr. Man (October '10)!

#20 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 02:40 PM

I'm getting excited, too!! I'm tired and starting to get uncomfortable, so I'm trying to get everything done before 36 weeks. I have clothes, diapers and the crib all ready to go. I think I need a couple things for my birthing kit yet and I need to get the spare room straightened up and the laundry room cleaned so I'm not ashamed of my midwife going in there to do laundry! I am going to look tonight in the garage for some baby toys and the bathtub, and other than that I feel like I'm pretty much set! We have a birthday party for DS later this month and that's been a bit of a distraction. I may have some crunching to do that next week!  Coming off the holiday has been hard. Things have been so busy that when DS took his nap today and I had some quiet time alone I almost didn't know what to do with myself! 

I'm so looking forward to reading birth stories!!!

#21 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm so excited too!!!

I'm hoping the baby comes early cuz i am ready to be done with pregnancy but at the same time I am not ready for him!

We got all the baby stuff out in the past week but I still have washing and organizing to do, and of course I would love to declutter/organize/clean my whole house but I'm guessing I won't have the energy for that :)

I think I have bought everything I need (this is baby #2 so I didn't buy a lot) - I finally finished sewing diapers yesterday but I still want to make a diaper bag and a few other things.  Getting everything ready is helping reality set in that this little guy will be here soon!!!

Oh yeah, and we also need a name - we have such a hard time agreeing we have made almost no progress on the name front :)

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#22 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 06:39 PM

I am SO READY!! Everything for baby is prepared, everything is prepped for the birth too. I'm just waiting very impatiently. My EDD is Feb 1st, kinda hoping for a late Jan baby here. I've gone over with both previous pregnancies though, so who knows! I just can't wait for my boys to meet their brother, to nurse a little baby again... and finally use all of the teeny stuff I've collected over the last few months. 

And I also can't wait to read all of our birth stories!! 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

#23 of 25 Old 01-05-2012, 08:51 PM

I am not due till the 17th.  My doctor refuses to tell me what they have down for the EDD, so I have no idea when they want to schedule the c/s.  We are meeting with our midwife this month to decide whether she wants to let me labor at home.  If she doesn't, we are going the c/s route.  I am making my piece with that.  I would rather be awake for a c/s than out cold like I was for Michael.  I want hbby to be there, and he wasn't for Michael, because i had an emergecny c/s nder general.

So yeah, I am 37 weeks at the end of the month/beginning of Feb (can't remember irght now), and i will be doing some major inducing massage, walking, etc., to get this baby OUT.  Hoping this dry weather continues till after baby is born.  I don't want to deal with labor during a snowstorm (my friend did that last year).

#24 of 25 Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamanoish View Post

And I also can't wait to read all of our birth stories!! 

I know, I'm so excited for this too!

ozzyemom, why might you have a c/s?  I'm sorry, I'm sure you posted it somewhere already but I just can't remember.

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#25 of 25 Old 01-06-2012, 06:23 AM

I'm feeling ready... as long as it's not sooner than the scheduled c/s date!  The pregnancy has become so stressful that I'll be thrilled to have it over too.  But also saying things like, in two months we can all go to music class and I'll be able to run AND jump (things that have been forbidden since 18 weeks) or talking about going on a hike in the summer and asking DD if she'd like to ride on my back still in the Boba.  It's like I can't wait to be done with one form of physical difficulties to replace them with another! 

We have most things ready but we're still waiting on the new dresser for DD to arrive so her old dresser can become the baby's dresser/changing table.  I'm trying to be patient but it's been 8 weeks since we ordered it and I keep imagining DH and I trying to set it up with a newborn in a wrap and DD "helping" by rearranging the screws or insisting that we assemble it in the order that she establishes-- we're talking real wood here too, not fiberboard, this thing is going to be major assembly!

Reading everyone's due dates, I'm really hoping I'm not the first but it sounds like late Jan should be pretty happening around here. 

Oh, and thanks for the kind words, Slimkins and AtomicRocket.  Ozzyemm, why do you think you are having a c/s?  Want to chat about how to make it suck less?

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page