Crazy Dreams and Nightmares during 3rd Trimester! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so I was sleeping throughout the night (and my insomnia left me alone) for a couple of weeks and now I've started having wild and crazy dreams (sex dreams, adventure (horsebackriding, parasailing, etc.) and horrible nightmares that are waking me up in a panic like men either stabbing me, breaking into the house and me having to defend myself (and family) and stab/kill them or a dark shadowy figure climbing on top of me while sleeping and trying to suffocate me!

- Can this be hormone (pregnancy) related?

- Is it my mind rehashing the fear I have of labor/birth? Or my nervousness about it anyway?

I'm not sure.....I just know that I WISH it would STOP.

Needless to say....the last few nights have NOT been much fun (except the sex dreams....Lol) and I'm curious as to if there's other moms-to-be out there having the same problem?

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#2 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Sounds like typical dreaming to me, but I have odd dreams to begin with. I've had murder filled dreams, and sex dreams this pregnancy, and dreams where I had to hide my affairs with Justin Timberlake (what the heck?). I dreamed that George Clooney and some other famous guy were fighting over who to be in the ballroom dancing competition with me. I'm not attracted to either guy, and I don't dance. :P George won. I've had some amazing and intense birth dreams, my most recent was during a nap where I was at my friends house I went to the bathroom, came out soaking wet asked for a towel and realized I was bleeding, so I went to the bathroom felt baby descend waddled out to tell her I needed to go home to have the baby, got to the car, birthed the baby, just in time to see the joker (Heather Ledger version) being chased by Batman (lego version) and then I felt another head descending but had to watch Batman kill the Joker. 

Everlong753 likes this.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM

I keep dreaming that Im falling and I wake up with the falling sensation. Last night I was ice skating postpartum in a skimpy outfit. Not attractive. I fell and as I was falling downwards, I woke up. I have had several murder dreams as well- other people trying to murder me. Im not pregnant in any of them though.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 02:45 PM

I'm right there with you! I had crazy sex dreams most of this pregnancy (including some involving women, and I am not attracted to women at all!). Lately some of them have turned sinister. I had one about a home invasion, which was pretty scary. I've also had some that were like I was in adventure films. Lava, wildfires, floods, giant animals, earthquakes, lots of crazy stuff! They're so strange, but I'm finding it fun overall.

#5 of 10 Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM

It is so normal :lol  Most of it is your brain processing the idea of birth and becoming a mom (again).

I have to share my dream with you guys.  I dreamt that I had my baby in like five seconds, and then I laid him down on (my son's??) bunkbed.  My hubby and I went all over telling everyone we didn't know about the birth (we didn't want to tell relatives just yet :lol).  I bumped into Michelle Obama, and invited her to see my baby.  We walked into the room, and his head is hanging over the side.  I tell Mrs. Obama, "Oh, catch the baby!!"  But she didn't move  and the baby fell off the bed:grr  :lol  I decided right there that she wasn't a good mom :lol.  That is how crazy some dreams are. 

#6 of 10 Old 01-06-2012, 12:12 PM

I've had some really vivid dreams...and some really memorable hot-and-heavy ones too....and none of them feature my DH blush.gif. I just had one last night, in fact. 

#7 of 10 Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Ug, I came on here to see if there was a thread like this and lo and behold...last night I had a crazy dream/nightmare and I'm still kind of shaken up about it. I totally wish they would stop, too. As far as sex dreams...that, too, is nuts. And the dreams don't involve my husband either and I don't actually WANT to be with anyone else. lol.

I've had very vivid dreams that this is a boy, but that there are female parts there, too. The other night I dreamt that this is a girl. My husband says that it's because I don't know the gender that I'm having these dreams but, yeah, wild. You are SO not alone.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#8 of 10 Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I've had some falling dreams too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

" I keep dreaming that Im falling and I wake up with the falling sensation. Last night I was ice skating postpartum in a skimpy outfit. Not attractive. I fell and as I was falling downwards, I woke up."

But since I went to my OB a couple visits ago and she reassured me that having crazy dreams during the 3rd trimester is normal and that they are due to hormones, I've put my mind at ease about them and really haven't had anymore nightmares since. I haven't been dreaming much at all actually....guess I'm just too physically tired lately and my mind shuts down as well and I have a deep sleep, which is nice.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#9 of 10 Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM

OK, ladies. Last night I had the winner of my freaky dreams so far. I was letting someone feel the baby move and my stomach opened up at the top like a kangaroo pouch!! The baby was there and it was all bloody and I could see down into my stomach and the baby came up and was crying and I had to coax it back down into my pouch 'cause it wasn't time for her to be born yet.

So gross, right?

#10 of 10 Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 PM

wow, that is kind of gross. When I was pregnant with DD I had a reoccurring dream about birthing a litter of kittens. It was pretty gory too. 

Actually I haven't dreamed much in a long while but my mom called to make sure I was okay this morning b/c SHE had a dream that DH called her but wasn't able to talk but he kept saying "Baby" and then I got on the phone and told her I could feel the baby's head. She thinks it might mean I'll go into labor soon.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page