Wedding rings (and swollen hands)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had to take off my wedding ring yesterday and put it away.  I know it's just for a little while but it so bugged me; it's the only piece of jewelry I wear on a daily basis and I usually I only take it off when kneading dough!  That and I don't like the fact that even my hands are looking pregnant!

How about you all? 

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#2 of 9 Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM

i took mine off about a week ago.  i hope that i scandalize people in the grocery store ;) what's worse than the ring is that i had to buy short boots because the calf length ones i am afraid to zip.  i would really like to be wearing my boots (not that it's actually been cold very often here this winter).

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 9 Old 01-08-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Scandalizing people is definitely an upside!  Thanks for showing me the silver lining :)

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#4 of 9 Old 01-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Rin

Mines been off for about a week now too. I made it much further withthis one than my first though!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#5 of 9 Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM

lol I wondered earlier in my first pregnancy how come I was running into so many unwed mothers. Then I got farther along and realized they were probably almost all as married as me, just unable to wear their rings!

I got a nice chain last time to wear my wedding & engagement rings on and just put my them back on it today. It bugs me not being able to wear them properly, but at least I can wear them as a necklace!

samikashi likes this.

- C reading.gif + Tsuperhero.gif = DS 08/08 bouncy.gif  DD 02/12 angel.gif and D? praying.gif sometime around March 16/2014 

#6 of 9 Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 AM

Lol, I don't even remember the last time i wore my wedding ring. Must have been around week 16/18 and I'm now on week 36. My fingers just puffed up and its so hot where I am so..af.gifROTFLMAO.gif

#7 of 9 Old 01-17-2012, 06:57 PM

i haven't gained much weight this pregnancy but this happened to me with both of my previous pregnancies.  i went back to wearing a ring that hubby gave to me when we were dating that is so simple and special to me but a whole size larger than my wedding band.  And, i was wayyyyyyyyyyy thinner when we were dating than i was when preggo so it's odd that it would be so much bigger, eh?  i gave up wearing a diamond many years ago and have always just worn my band. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#8 of 9 Old 01-19-2012, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I just had to take my wedding ring off yesterday after my OB appt. when she noticed my fingers were a little swollen and was scared if they ballooned up much more I wouldn't be able to get it off and have to have it cut off! I do NOT want my wedding ring ruined, so...off it went.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#9 of 9 Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM

Hubby bought me a new ring last year in the finger size I was before I lost some extra weight... so I've been waiting patiently for it to fit correctly. It does totally look like I'll be making it to the end with mine unless I get some serious water retention somewhere along the way. I've gained all sorts of weight and it's still as loose as ever! I'm kind of annoyed lol! During my previous pregnancies I did need to take it off and totally strung it on a necklace.

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page