pelvic pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone also experiencing pelvic pain? Am 36 weeks and am having pelvic pain, feels like i've been riding a horse or bicycle for too long.crap.gif

#2 of 6 Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Yes, I have had pelvic pain for about two months now. My hips hurt all the time, but especially at night. Pelvic tilts really help, but honestly not enough. Whenever anyone insists that I sit down, I want to scream about how much it hurts to sit down. Im most comfortable side lying with a pillow under my hip and under my chest.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 6 Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM

MW recommended 1000 cal mag. So, I began taking some I found at regular pharmacy. Some days it seemed to help, but it was hit or miss and sometimes I would have to double, 2000.

Then I switched to a chilated Cal Mag by RawCode (gardenoflife.com) that I found at a Nutrition supplement store. And WOW. I can feel a difference if I don't take them. No pelvic pain, no hip pain (unless it's been about 2 days that I've forgotten to take them). They're pricey, but way worth it. Bones feel great and it seems to help with "go power" too. So, I switched to their prenatal as well. It's disgusting flavor is well worth it though. LOL. Also, the dosage of RawCode CalMag is 760*, way under the 1000-2000 recommended, but it is very effective- so I don't take 1000. (The 2000 is recommended when I had an usual flair up in pelvic or hip, such as after lifting or exertion of some kind.)

PS. Another helpful remedy is Arnica Cream or capsules. It helps with ouches in muscles, minor injuries, etc. I kicked a bag that didn't soar like I invisioned, and I had to sit in a chair not moving because of the muscle it pulled. Arnica Cream helped that muscle heal, and helped with pain. (homeopathic help) I can't even stump my toes these days without pulling an ouch in a muscle up my thigh or lower belly. It's silly!

#4 of 6 Old 01-12-2012, 09:24 PM

mysweetfiona- thanks for the tip.  mine is so strong it's hard to walk this week!  ugh.  and, i have had chiro, massage and acupuncture this week seeking relief.  like you, i just want to lie on my side!  i am going to try your supplement asap.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#5 of 6 Old 01-13-2012, 06:48 AM

*waving hand in the air*  me! me!

Starting about a week ago, it feels as if my pelvis is being pried open.  I am waddling when the pain is bad and it seems as soon as I stand up, I have to immediately pee.  I'm hoping this means the baby is nice and low and engaged in the pelvis???  I never experienced hip pain with my first 2 pregnancies, so this is totally new to me.  Night-time is only manageable if I can sleep on our Select Comfort bed, but most nights I end up sleeping with ds#2 in his twin bed.........ouch, that is almost unbearable!!!  I see a chiro every 2 weeks and he adjusts my pelvis each visit.....other than that I'm just riding it out until delivery.....

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#6 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 AM

here is a link to a $4 off coupon for the Raw Code brand that mysweetfiona mentioned.  http://www.gardenoflife.com/Default.aspx?TabId=2024  my BFF highly recommends CalMag and she's had 6 babies and is a MW so I am going to start taking it today! 

ryan's mom- i see the chiro every week and am hoping that helps.  my one midwife friend mentioned that the babe's head must be way down and in a great position.  never felt this with my other two though, like you mentioned.  hope we find relief soon! 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page