january chat thread- - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hildare, I'm never one for egging on "maybes", but that sounds really promising. FX!!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#62 of 71 Old 01-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Fingers crossed, Hildare!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#63 of 71 Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

yeah.  i guess not.  i should be glad to have extra time to get ready, but for some reason it's not working out that way.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#64 of 71 Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

yeah.  i guess not.  i should be glad to have extra time to get ready, but for some reason it's not working out that way.

isn't it a weird mix of anticipation for things to get started but also needing to get things done so okay with a few more days (or weeks)?  maybe that's just me feeling that way though. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#65 of 71 Old 01-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post

isn't it a weird mix of anticipation for things to get started but also needing to get things done so okay with a few more days (or weeks)?  maybe that's just me feeling that way though. 

I'm so right there with you. It's a really weird place to be. :)

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#66 of 71 Old 01-30-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:

I couldn't have said it better myself. Anxious and excited to meet her and experience labor but so not ready for her to be here yet.

Finally finished washing all my (hers?) cloth diapers! I bought organic cotton and hemp prefolds that needed to be washed over and over to prep, 8 times total! Just need to put the diapers together with the covers and cut up & sew some cloth wipes from a few old receiving blankets that my sister in law handed down to me from her son. I do have some baby clothes to wash still, maybe a load or two. Not too much to do as far as baby stuffs, but enough to make me want her to wait until due date (2/13).

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#67 of 71 Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

Oh!  Too bad.  I was hoping this was it for you.  Anything new yesterday or today?

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#68 of 71 Old 01-30-2012, 01:51 PM

Weird day today...started with ctx irregular but all less than 15 minutes apart for several hours and then...nothing.  I am feeling huge and puffy today and very, very wiped.  I keep waiting for the bloody show which is sort of the hallmark sign to know I'm having some actual cervical changes.

#69 of 71 Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM

well, today is my birthday and i doubt i will give birth in the next 4 hours so no sharing here.  i am really glad to have a few more days at least b/c i am exhausted!  why?  last night, i went to bed around 10pm just feeling weird/off.  woken up at 1am to crampy stomach and bad pains but not contractions.  it felt like food poisoning.  paced the halls between my room and the bathroom for the next 3 hours.  so gross.  was sick all morning and afternoon then just really weak and tired since.  totally wiped out.  we ate pizza (gluten free and vegan, supposedly) out last night and it was yummy but it may have made me sick.  DH and the girls are okay though thankfully!  not at all a fun way to ring in my birthday.  i am getting ready to sleep now but was trying to decide if i should at least TASTE the amazing carrot cake DH made for me when he came home from work early to make it... 

would appreciate this babe staying in at least a few more days so i can get my strength back up.  i feel trashed.  so, like rin and kaydove, i want more time!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#70 of 71 Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM

First: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Second: Oh no! How horrible to be sick on your birthday! I hope you're feeling better and get a birthday do-over!

Quote:

well, today is my birthday and i doubt i will give birth in the next 4 hours so no sharing here.  i am really glad to have a few more days at least b/c i am exhausted!  why?  last night, i went to bed around 10pm just feeling weird/off.  woken up at 1am to crampy stomach and bad pains but not contractions.  it felt like food poisoning.  paced the halls between my room and the bathroom for the next 3 hours.  so gross.  was sick all morning and afternoon then just really weak and tired since.  totally wiped out.  we ate pizza (gluten free and vegan, supposedly) out last night and it was yummy but it may have made me sick.  DH and the girls are okay though thankfully!  not at all a fun way to ring in my birthday.  i am getting ready to sleep now but was trying to decide if i should at least TASTE the amazing carrot cake DH made for me when he came home from work early to make it... 

would appreciate this babe staying in at least a few more days so i can get my strength back up.  i feel trashed.  so, like rin and kaydove, i want more time!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#71 of 71 Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 PM

Feeling happy and relieved here.  Midwife (CNM) wanted us to do an ultrasound to make sure growth was ok after a couple of weeks of slow fundal height increase, and baby was smack dab in the 50th percentile.  orngbiggrin.gif  Plus my fluid levels are healthy, nearly 3 times what they were at the end of my last pregnancy.  I'm "due" on sunday but I'm feeling so happy to be able to let baby decide and not have to spend these last days worrying.  Added bonus - he's LOA for a change.  

Gunter, hope you're feeling better!

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page