january chat thread- - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
 
slimkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Treasure Coast, Florida
Posts: 785
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hildare, I'm never one for egging on "maybes", but that sounds really promising. FX!!


Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

slimkins is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-28-2012, 01:28 PM
 
parsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in between
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Fingers crossed, Hildare!


Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
parsley is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
 
hildare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: in-the-sticks-off-a-dirt-road, GA
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yeah.  i guess not.  i should be glad to have extra time to get ready, but for some reason it's not working out that way.


Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

hildare is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 PM
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bali, indonesia & north cackalacky
Posts: 3,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

yeah.  i guess not.  i should be glad to have extra time to get ready, but for some reason it's not working out that way.


isn't it a weird mix of anticipation for things to get started but also needing to get things done so okay with a few more days (or weeks)?  maybe that's just me feeling that way though. 

 


doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Gunter is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Rin
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post


isn't it a weird mix of anticipation for things to get started but also needing to get things done so okay with a few more days (or weeks)?  maybe that's just me feeling that way though. 

 



I'm so right there with you. It's a really weird place to be. :)

 

 


Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

 

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

Rin is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 01:51 AM
 
Kaydove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post


isn't it a weird mix of anticipation for things to get started but also needing to get things done so okay with a few more days (or weeks)?  maybe that's just me feeling that way though. 

 



I couldn't have said it better myself. Anxious and excited to meet her and experience labor but so not ready for her to be here yet.

 

Finally finished washing all my (hers?) cloth diapers! I bought organic cotton and hemp prefolds that needed to be washed over and over to prep, 8 times total! Just need to put the diapers together with the covers and cut up & sew some cloth wipes from a few old receiving blankets that my sister in law handed down to me from her son. I do have some baby clothes to wash still, maybe a load or two. Not too much to do as far as baby stuffs, but enough to make me want her to wait until due date (2/13).


DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Kaydove is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM
 
parsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in between
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

yeah.  i guess not.  i should be glad to have extra time to get ready, but for some reason it's not working out that way.



Oh!  Too bad.  I was hoping this was it for you.  Anything new yesterday or today?


Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
parsley is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:51 PM
 
1bighappyfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Weird day today...started with ctx irregular but all less than 15 minutes apart for several hours and then...nothing.  I am feeling huge and puffy today and very, very wiped.  I keep waiting for the bloody show which is sort of the hallmark sign to know I'm having some actual cervical changes.

1bighappyfamily is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: bali, indonesia & north cackalacky
Posts: 3,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well, today is my birthday and i doubt i will give birth in the next 4 hours so no sharing here.  i am really glad to have a few more days at least b/c i am exhausted!  why?  last night, i went to bed around 10pm just feeling weird/off.  woken up at 1am to crampy stomach and bad pains but not contractions.  it felt like food poisoning.  paced the halls between my room and the bathroom for the next 3 hours.  so gross.  was sick all morning and afternoon then just really weak and tired since.  totally wiped out.  we ate pizza (gluten free and vegan, supposedly) out last night and it was yummy but it may have made me sick.  DH and the girls are okay though thankfully!  not at all a fun way to ring in my birthday.  i am getting ready to sleep now but was trying to decide if i should at least TASTE the amazing carrot cake DH made for me when he came home from work early to make it... 

 

would appreciate this babe staying in at least a few more days so i can get my strength back up.  i feel trashed.  so, like rin and kaydove, i want more time!


doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Gunter is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
 
Kaydove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Second: Oh no! How horrible to be sick on your birthday! I hope you're feeling better and get a birthday do-over!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post

well, today is my birthday and i doubt i will give birth in the next 4 hours so no sharing here.  i am really glad to have a few more days at least b/c i am exhausted!  why?  last night, i went to bed around 10pm just feeling weird/off.  woken up at 1am to crampy stomach and bad pains but not contractions.  it felt like food poisoning.  paced the halls between my room and the bathroom for the next 3 hours.  so gross.  was sick all morning and afternoon then just really weak and tired since.  totally wiped out.  we ate pizza (gluten free and vegan, supposedly) out last night and it was yummy but it may have made me sick.  DH and the girls are okay though thankfully!  not at all a fun way to ring in my birthday.  i am getting ready to sleep now but was trying to decide if i should at least TASTE the amazing carrot cake DH made for me when he came home from work early to make it... 

 

would appreciate this babe staying in at least a few more days so i can get my strength back up.  i feel trashed.  so, like rin and kaydove, i want more time!



 


DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Kaydove is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
 
1blueheron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Feeling happy and relieved here.  Midwife (CNM) wanted us to do an ultrasound to make sure growth was ok after a couple of weeks of slow fundal height increase, and baby was smack dab in the 50th percentile.  orngbiggrin.gif  Plus my fluid levels are healthy, nearly 3 times what they were at the end of my last pregnancy.  I'm "due" on sunday but I'm feeling so happy to be able to let baby decide and not have to spend these last days worrying.  Added bonus - he's LOA for a change.  

 

Gunter, hope you're feeling better!


grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

1blueheron is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off