Belly Binding? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When DD was born I used a Belly Bandit. It was awesome, but I didnt get it until a few days after she was born- it was a gift from my parents. I still have it and I'm planning to use it after this one arrives, but Id like to know a little more about how and when to use it. It seems like something I should have put on right after birth. I didnt have any abdomanal seperation, and I would like to avoid it if at all possible.

I liked the belly bandit because it just made me feel better- more put back together so to speak. I felt more comfortable in my clothes and I feel like it helped me to get active faster- which maybe wasnt the best since it gave people the impression that I didnt need help wink1.gif

Have you/ are you planning on using some form of belly wrap or belly binding?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 6 Old 01-14-2012, 04:45 PM

Yes.  I used some sort of belly binder after my first.  I think I started the day after my son was born.  It felt supportive, made me feel better about my body, and I swear helped everything shrink down faster.  

I already have it packed and ready to go for this baby!

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#3 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM

But how do you know what size you will need? I've read so many Belly Bandit reviews that say you'll need two sizes, one for right after birth and another for a bit later -- and this seems insanely expensive!

Mum to two boys, born November 2007 and March 2012.  

#4 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Eh, I never used two sizes. I am a bit overweight to begin with and I got the large size. It cinches pretty small and I wore it for about two months. The velcro area is about 6-8 inches thick so its very adjustable. I didnt even wear it every day for the two months. I feel like the two different sizes might be necessary for someone who planned on wearing it for several months- but thats not me. It was a gift, I cant imagine paying that much for one honestly. It was nice, but it seems like there have to be cheaper options out there.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 06:52 PM

i have been wearing a velcro supportive band (not sure the official name- a Balinese friend gave it to me) during this pregnancy and will just plan to use it post partum.  think that is suffficient? 

In Bali, we bind the mamas soon after birth with something that resembles an ace bandage but is wayyyyyyyyyy long and then a tight sarong around that.  My American friend used a sheet, IIRC to bind after her birth on the same day.  I have a Balinese binding fabric to use and that velcro supportive band.  Guess we'll see what's most comfy. 

I did not bind with my first two but am feeling a need to do it after this birth, for sure. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#6 of 6 Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM

I used belly binding after the birth of both my children.  I'm quite tall and was worried about pregnancy and childbirth wrecking my lower back so I did some online investigation and found a few different solutions but I really liked the Tummy Truss because it provides postpartum support for your whole torso, lower back, stomach muscles and it helps your hips get back into position.  I also liked the idea that you only need to wear it for 6 weeks.

In fact, I liked it so much I decided it needed more exposure so I set up a new website and blogged about my experiences  http://www.tummytruss.com/blog.html ...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page