Baby Dropping & Positioning - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well I'm a VBAC in a very non-vbac friendly state with high c-section rates. (One of the main hospitals here has a 50% c-section rate. That means 1 of every 2 women that has a baby there has a c-section. To me that's just CRAZY) Anyway, I have a hunch that this OB is not very fond of VBAC but the other 4 are very supportive so what are ya gunna do. DH swears her motive is greed. A c-section is an extra $5,000. 

I think she's trying to lower my expectations. Either way, I guess I'll just make closer friends with my birth ball.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

Well I'm a VBAC in a very non-vbac friendly state with high c-section rates. (One of the main hospitals here has a 50% c-section rate. That means 1 of every 2 women that has a baby there has a c-section. To me that's just CRAZY) Anyway, I have a hunch that this OB is not very fond of VBAC but the other 4 are very supportive so what are ya gunna do. DH swears her motive is greed. A c-section is an extra $5,000. 

I think she's trying to lower my expectations. Either way, I guess I'll just make closer friends with my birth ball.

Wow, that is crazy!  There was one OB in the practice I used last time who'd had three sections herself, and I think it warped her view of birth, she was very negative about everything and pushing so hard to induce me.  Luckily she wasn't on call when the time.  I hope you can avoid this OB too!  

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM

37 weeks and my midwife confirmed that the babe is head down, nice & low in the pelvis.....I'm happy =)

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 PM

37 weeks, baby is head down but not engaged. She's right OP. My midwife suggested spinning babies.com to try to get her to turn to anterior.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM

My midwife just left the 'home visit'. 37 weeks and she confirmed head down- engaged even, which I wasn't necessarily feeling and NOT posterior! Thank God, now lets hope he stays that way! I've definitely been doing alot of cushy couch sitting : /

Hope the same for you too Gunter!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM

38 weeks, baby is head down and LOA. YAY! I think this is the first baby that has gone Anterior for me. Hoping she STAYS this way, she is -3 station but Dr said she can feel her head. Also, dilated to almost a 2... not that that means anything, but encouraging none the less.

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 PM

thanks, slimkins for the encouragement! 

kaydove- argh!  i did not intend to send you any posterior vibes in that birth box, i promise!  Turn, babies, turn!

lovebeingamidwife- Luckyyyyyyyy!  happy for you and thanks for the shared hope!  i need it.

jays- so happy for you to have an anterior babe for once!  enjoy.  ;)

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post

kaydove- argh!  i did not intend to send you any posterior vibes in that birth box, i promise!  Turn, babies, turn!

That birth box was perfect, and since she's been some sort of posterior since 26 weeks, hopefully it will encourage her to turn! I have a chiropractic appointment on Monday, which I'm so looking forward to since I've been having such bad sciatic pain. I also left a message with an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility and pregnancy, so hopefully they can get me in soon. Both are covered by insurance, thank the stars!

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM

Anyone else have a baby that is still switching positions frequently? My LO has definitely dropped some, but he's still doing all sorts of spinning to LOA, ROA, and OP positions. Fortunately, he hasn't flipped to breech in a couple weeks and is still head down.  

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM

YES! He's all over the place. Up down left right. He's def comfy in there. I think he's just really small and still has a lot of room in there. I guess that could be a good thing for pushing him out tho. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinsMommy0409 View Post

Anyone else have a baby that is still switching positions frequently? My LO has definitely dropped some, but he's still doing all sorts of spinning to LOA, ROA, and OP positions. Fortunately, he hasn't flipped to breech in a couple weeks and is still head down.  

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 01-27-2012, 09:17 AM

I'm still bouncing away on this ball and I started EPO and nothing. I hope by Tuesday(my next appt) I'll have something.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM

My babe turned back anterior yesterday afternoon/early evening!  Woooooooooo hoooooooooo!  Now, would you please stay there, lil one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinsMommy0409 View Post

Those spinning babies!  I hope this one stays ANTERIOR now!  S/he turned posterior when I was 35+3 weeks then turned anterior at 37+ 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

That birth box was perfect, and since she's been some sort of posterior since 26 weeks, hopefully it will encourage her to turn! I have a chiropractic appointment on Monday, which I'm so looking forward to since I've been having such bad sciatic pain. I also left a message with an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility and pregnancy, so hopefully they can get me in soon. Both are covered by insurance, thank the stars!

So glad it works!  Yay.  I did chiro and acupuncture and they totally helped.  Opening hip movements in yoga really seemed to help on Thursday, too.  Wonder if there are some youtube videos out there for that?  Turn on around, kaydove babe!

Old 01-30-2012, 12:19 AM

I have an anterior placenta and I read that babies like to face their (my?) placenta, so she may not turn.

I was reading ALL about positioning and I was starting to get really stressed out and tense, then I realised that's not helping anything. I'm going to try some stretching, chiro, and acupuncture - other than that I'm going to try not to worry about it. Now I'm trying to relax and telling my self positive affirmations. I can get obsessive and work myself into a ball of stress, which is so not good. Baby isn't engaged yet, so I'm thinking she's not coming anytime soon (38 weeks tomorrow), so hopefully she'll have time to figure it all out or I'll have a really long back labour ;) .

Old 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM

She turned! She's anterior! Way to go baby! That's such a relief!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 PM

woooooooo hoooooooooo!  our babies are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

She turned! She's anterior! Way to go baby! That's such a relief!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Mine surprised me last night by flipping from LOA to ROA... I've only felt it on my left side one other time in this pregnancy.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM

My babe dropped last week (whew, since I'm due on Sunday!), but keeps moving between LOA and ROA. My placenta in on the left. He is also engaged (ouchy cervix & I feel kind of like I'm sitting on a grapefruit sometimes) but my Braxton Hicks are virtually non-existant now. I wonder what's goin' on?

This is my first baby so I have no idea what pains and aches are supposed to be good signs and which are bad! I have occasional pelvic pain, high, like near my cervix, but I don't know if you can actually feel muscles softening or dilating or if its all in my head. My groin just feels tired and a little achy (like it does around my period) and I get occasional abdominal aches like cramps, but only when he's flailing around a lot, so I've just been assuming its the baby and not labor signs. Also, is it normal for a 39 week baby to move a lot? He is constantly moving, all day, all night. He rests for about 4 hours in the afternoon but thats it.

I am having a hard time figuring out whats what because in the last month my sciatica is acting up (just on my right) so that's confusing and I also dislocated a rib on my left side (it was from a coughing fit from a cold I caught earlier in the month), so I am dealing with both of those pains too. I'm seeing a chiropractor, so hopefully we can get this straightened out before I go into labor.

Now I am REALLY glad I'm opting for a home water birth because I need the tub just to get through my current pains let alone labor. These next couple weeks will prove to be quite a physical challenge for me. I home my Gentle Birth tincture works!

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

User Tag List