Suddenly... so... tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cannot keep up. My kitchen floor is disgusting and I can't seem to get anything done. My poor 6 year old. All I want to do is sleep. Anyone else feeling it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Oh my goodness, YES!  It's 6:30 pm and I am ready to pass out.  DD is running around in circles... literally.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
Old 01-20-2012, 05:30 PM

I don't even have a child at home but I have no energy and my brain is all foggy. Is that a pre labor thing, to get all foggy in the head? I need to take something back to Target for about a week and I just can't seem to get the energy to do it, even though we could totally use the money! I'm sleeping pretty well too. I really need to unpack as well!!!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 PM

My sleep is rather broken up most nights; I usually wake up once at least.  But, by mid-afternoon, I am totally tired.  My older ones are great at playing in their room for that bit of time though or quietly looking at books in either their bed or mine.  Today, they made little cozy cocoons on the floor on either side of my bed and snuggled down for some quiet time of their own.  Soooo thankful that they are able to let me rest.  I keep thanking them & telling them it's gonna be a couple more months of quiet times (with a newborn) and then by the end of Spring they'll get their mama back in full swing!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 PM

Totally forgot that it took me forever to fall asleep last night and I woke up in the night to pee, plus I woke up before the alarm. Maybe that's why I'm so tired...

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I was like this last week which was really difficult with my energetic 3 year old!  But this week I am nesting like crazy and trying to get through my to do list so I've found I have some extra bursts of energy - I'm 38 1/2 weeks and so the things I want to get done are making it hard for me to settle down at night.  I need to just focus on getting everything done or letting go of certain things in the next few days so I can get some good rest before labor starts.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

Old 01-21-2012, 04:13 AM

Absolutely!  I am trying to rest as much as possible!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View PostI keep thanking them & telling them it's gonna be a couple more months of quiet times (with a newborn) and then by the end of Spring they'll get their mama back in full swing!

I've been saying the same thing a few times a day here too!  I think we have kids with the same spacing too-- my DD is 3/08.  What a great age... so reasonable and kind!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 AM

I've been feeling the same way. Most nights I sleep really well from 10/10:30-2, then I wake up to pee, and my sleep is pretty crappy after that, probably wake up several times. These last couple days, I've been taking it easy, and when my partner gets home and asks what I've done, he's all oh must be nice to be able to relax all day. I wish I had energy, to do things, going into the store to grab a couple items feels exhausting. 

Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 PM

Yes! I'm yawning as I type this at 6:11pm after having had a 2 hour nap today! I've been staying busy getting the house ready for birth, but as soon as I sit down to rest I am ready to pass out. I can't seem to get enough sleep!

Old 01-21-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I've been saying the same thing a few times a day here too!  I think we have kids with the same spacing too-- my DD is 3/08.  What a great age... so reasonable and kind!

we are planning a rockin' Spring and Summer!  yes, my babe was born on feb. 23rd so our babes must be really close.  i was actually very worried about how she would transition into sharing life with a little one.  she's grown so much this past year though- i must have forgotten about how getting to 4 can be hard but once they are at 4 it turns AWESOME!  it's great spacing for our family.  we'll have to compare notes once our littlest ones become big bros/sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweettuth View Post

I've been feeling the same way. Most nights I sleep really well from 10/10:30-2, then I wake up to pee, and my sleep is pretty crappy after that, probably wake up several times. These last couple days, I've been taking it easy, and when my partner gets home and asks what I've done, he's all oh must be nice to be able to relax all day. I wish I had energy, to do things, going into the store to grab a couple items.

i so hear ya!  it's frustrating to not be able to do everything as easily as we once could.  thank God it's temporary!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 PM

yes, so tired and just feeling....lazy, for lack of a better word.  not much motivation or energy for cleaning, playing, organizing, cooking etc. I'm napping everyday and still could be asleep by 8 or 9. I know life with newborn is exhausting but I'm looking forward to having a bit more energy.

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Tired here too, with bursts of energy realizing what still needs to be done.  It is so hard to not be able to do what needs to be done though, like vaccuming, mopping, and errands because of the contractions.  They get better when I rest.  In general, I hate relying on others to do these things for me, and am looking forward to being more active in the next couple of months.  Thank you, Gunter for reminding me that this is temporary!

Mamma to Sasha (5), Anastasija (2), and expecting a new baby girl this winter!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM

I have been opposite lately. It is either I am obsessed with everything being ready and know this is REAL crunch time, or I really was suffering from my low iron weeks previous. This last week has been the first time i have really had a lot of energy. It's also helping to kill time during the 'waiting game'.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 01-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Here as well. Finding it hard to be motivated to do much of anything. I just want to nap and nap and nap!

Mom to DD(5), DD(3) and Someone New (2/12); Married to "The Husband" since 9/02.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 PM

I guess my 4 day energy streak has come to an end. I am off to take a much needed afternoon nap. :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 01-30-2012, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Last week my energy returned and I managed to get so much done. I was organizing, cleaning, washing baby clothes, obsessing over DH vacuuming the care and getting the car seat base in... This afternoon, all I want to do is sleep. At least my house is clean again. 

User Tag List