Hellloooo, 1st trimester food cravings! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At 39 weeks.

Seriously, IDK what is going on with me. DH just went out to buy me eggs so that I can make an angel food cake. I tried to get him to buy stuff for me to make meatloaf to go with it, but alas, Wal Mart only carries crap meat. And I mean "go with it" as in using the angel food cake as a bun for the meatloaf sandwich. Yeah. Gross, right? It sounds soooo delicious.

I have no clue what is happening, but its like all of these crazy food cravings are happening at once. Blueberry pie with bacon crumbles. Watermelon with a crapload of salt. Bacon, bacon, and more bacon. Peas with grape jelly on them (no really, its good.) PBJ sandwiches.

Anyone else having weird food cravings?

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 10 Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM

No weird here, just food. :) And your list didn't sound all that weird, just your normal culinary balance of sweet and salty/savory. Totally normal, until, and I mean UNTIL..... you said peas and grape jelly!! WTH!?!?!

That one does sound like one of those typical, crazy pregnancy cravings. haha!!! :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#3 of 10 Old 01-21-2012, 07:25 PM

sounds like you have some protein cravings, ultimately.  when we crave sugar, i hear that is b/c we need protein and the things you want to mix it with are proteins...except for the peas and jelly!  haha.  now, as a kid i totally ate peas with a slice of sliced american cheese on top- microwaved for a sec.  i would only eat peas this way. 

when i was bummed about this babe being OP (yes, my babe- the one who i have worked with this entire pregnancy to avoid OP since my last babe was born that way!!!), Dh made banana bread pudding for me with chocolate chips.  i felt hungover this morning from eating it but it hit the spot last night!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#4 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Bacon, bacon, and more bacon.

I'm not having any unusual cravings, but after reading this thread yesterday I had a serious bacon craving, heh.  I had a gigantic BLT for dinner last night shy.gif

#5 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM

Now I want to eat everything everyone has mentioned. 

No cravings right now, just an intense desire to eat all the time, everything that I see.  It's made worse because I can't stop watching food programs.  So, hamburgers? Check!  Pasta? Check!  Fancy schmancy top chef food? Check! Angel food cake meatloaf sandwhich? Bring it on!

1st baby, born 2/25/12. femalesling.GIF. Married to environmentalist treehugger.gif husband, trying to stay calm and trust my body. namaste.gif

#6 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM

yellow cake batter. With a spoon. Maybe I will settle for a cake batter cone from Coldstone, lol.

Misti, mom to DS (12), DS (9), DD (3), and Mr. Man (October '10)!

#7 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Mesa now I need to make yellow cake! :P lol

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#8 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 AM

Ha ha, yesterday I had to have pizza and brownies... of course we have MAJOR food restrictions at our house... so pizza was white rice with a bison hotdog, pineapple, sundried tomatoes and rice cheese.  Brownies were made from rice flour and coconut oil and stevia.  They did the trick though...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#9 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

Ha ha, yesterday I had to have pizza and brownies... of course we have MAJOR food restrictions at our house... so pizza was white rice with a bison hotdog, pineapple, sundried tomatoes and rice cheese.  Brownies were made from rice flour and coconut oil and stevia.  They did the trick though...

i hear ya!  we're gluten free and essentially vegan around here.  we do eat our neighbor's chicken's eggs.  so, the banana bread pudding was with gluten free bread and the chocolate chips were actually carob, IIRC.  we have vegan chocolate chips in the house just don't remember if DH used 'em. 

today, i made apple muffins with a mix of what was left of our all purpose GF flour and rice flour and garbanze bean flour- they were excellent!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#10 of 10 Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post

Dh made banana bread pudding for me with chocolate chips.  i felt hungover this morning from eating it but it hit the spot last night!

Does your DH care to share his recipe? Because that sounds like the most delicious thing in the world to me right now..drool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page