34 weeks - intense sharp pains in low abdomen - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm due Feb 29th

Last night I woke up with a terribly sharp pain, like menstrual cramps only way more intense.  It doubled me over.  I drank loads of water and lay on my left side.  It faded.  I got two more pains just like it, very sharp, below my belly button, and then faded. 

I thought that was the end of it. 

Then today after napping a lot of the day I get up to make dinner and I get another sharp menstrual pain in my lower abdomen...so intense I could not move and had to lean over a chair.  it lasted several minutes.  At this point I realized I needed to call midwife and she recommended I go in to the hospital to get premature labor ruled out.  She told me these pains were not normal. 

So I'm about to leave for the hospital right now, but before I go I was wondering what this sounds like to people here?  Has anyone ever had pains like this so early on (34 weeks)?  Do you think I'll have my baby early?

Ok, gonna go in right now to get checked...thanks for any responses. 

#2 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 07:23 PM

I haven't, but just wanted to wish you luck at the hospital. So sorry you are going through this.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#3 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks...I'm@ hospital now being monitored..I'm not contracting and baby seems happy so they don't know what caused my pains yet.
#4 of 6 Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 PM

Could you have kidney stones? when i was pg with ds I had similar pain that turned out to be stones... sharp and sudden, intermittent. 

Kaya (29) + Laume (31) = ds Kanoa (8) and dd Zia (2)

#5 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Urine test came back clear. I had a few contractions on the monitor but they weren't severe and I could hardly feel them. My cervix was checked and I was not dilated. So they sent me home and said that the bad pains were caused by the position of the baby...

Hope I don't have any more bad pains like that until I'm at least 37 weeks...
#6 of 6 Old 01-22-2012, 07:27 AM

That's great everything came back clear, but I second what the other poster said about kidney stones. A good friend of mine just had the same thing happen to her and she was very late in pregnancy when it all started. Maybe worth a check if it happens again?

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page