Getting impatient :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Technically I'm not due until Feb 1st, but as the days pass, I am finding myself increasingly impatient. DH is a head manager/person in charge at his job and can't really wait until the baby is born to take vacation. His schedule is usually made weeks in advance. He is working FT (about 50 hrs a week) up until Feb 1st, then opted to take vacation Feb 1-7. It's so frustrating!! I am dying to have this baby, even though I'll be home alone with my older kids, just so that DH and I can bond and be with the baby during his time off. With DS2, I went a week and a half over my EDD and DH (working at the same job) only got to spend like 2 days with us. greensad.gif

I've had contractions, some of them painful, about 60% of them just warm up.. for a week and a half!! Every day I wake up thinking today is the day... I'm going to go into labor! and nothing. Ugh. It's funny that I'm getting THIS antsy because I work with pregnant women and I'm always saying to be patient, baby will come when baby is ready. But seriously. Baby... come out!!! 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I can understand!  I'm also due feb 1st and dd came 8 days late.  I've been trying to convince myself this little one will also come late so if he's early I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I still can't help thinking every day that today might be the day.  I have braxton hicks every time I stand up or walk anywhere, but no real signs of impending labor so I'm trying really hard to be patient.  DH has his citizenship interview several hours away on Feb 2nd and i really hope the baby will be here by then so I don't have to worry about him missing the birth.  We're moving out of the country in May so rescheduling the interview was not an option.  Hoping our babies surprise us with early arrivals!!!

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aw, well you're not alone if that's of any help. With my first LO I delivered at 34 weeks and I'm 36 now and feeling very selfish b/c I want it to be over. Hang in there.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page