False Labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-23-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so over it.

I've had a few nights now where contractions started and I got up thinking "this is it" and got in the shower, ate something, and it stopped. No biggie, I just had a hard time going back to sleep after the excitment. However, last night we had crazy storms. The temperature shift throughout the day went from 35 degrees to 62 degrees (at 9 pm). We went walking at a park for a few hours and then came home, happy to have enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather. I had the first huge contraction at about 9:45 and I doubled over because it hurt so bad I couldnt stand up. When it was over we started getting our things together to leave (quickly, because we were under tornado watch). After about 30 minutes of contractions that were less than 3 minutes apart we were pretty sure that this was it. We called MIL to meet us at the hospital to get DD. We left home about 11:00, after an hour and fifteen minutes of contractions that were less than three minutes apart and getting way stronger. I have forgotten what a "real" contraction feels like. OMG it f-ing hurts.

I got in the car and had two contractions and everything stopped. All of the sudden. I got out and walked down the side of the highway in the rain trying to get them to start, and had two more contractions. So, I got back in the car and we continued on. We passed Walmart and I insisted that DH let me out so I could walk some more and go to the bathroom (the hospital is a 30 minute drive from our house in normal weather, it took longer in the rain). I walked around walmart for about 15 minutes and had 2 more contractions. DH was insistent that we get to the hospital because he was really concerned about the storms, so I got back in the car and we got to the hospital around 11:45. We stayed until 2, and I had maybe two big contractions the whole time. I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. The strip showed I was having mild contractions, but with no regularity. We went home and took DD with us because MIL had been waiting in the waiting room with her. Im just so frustrated. I hate being this far away from the hospital and having to figure out what to do with DD. (my neighbors are in Maine right now, otherwise they would take her) because it means I have to leave before I know for sure that its real. I feel like the boy who cried wolf and like everyone is standing around tapping their foot waiting for me to have this baby. And I am SO ready. I'm sick of getting my hopes up that its time and then it just turning out to be fake.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 11 Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Hugs to you! 

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#3 of 11 Old 01-23-2012, 03:36 PM

Sorry, mama. Probably won't help, but i am sure you will not be the only one in this group to go through that.

Is there any salvation in knowing how much closer you are to real, active labor once it does start? 4 cm and 80 % effaced thumb.gif

And I liked how in the November DDC they had a "Early Labor Signs or False Alarms" thread. Or something like that. We should have one, so, we can post what we think are signs, but not feel silly when they fizzle out. :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#4 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM

oef, that seems really hard. you want to focus on having a baby and meanwhile you have to focus so much on logistics!!

#5 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 10:34 AM

that sucks.  but if it's happening like that you surely aren't far away from the real thing.

i think if i had contractions in wal*world i might stab somebody.  you are a brave woman.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#6 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM

ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

that sucks.  but if it's happening like that you surely aren't far away from the real thing.

i think if i had contractions in wal*world i might stab somebody.  you are a brave woman.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#7 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

Well, it was late at night and no one was in there. Im sure the stock people thought I was insane after about 6 laps around the store.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#8 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 AM

That sounds rough.  But I agree with Slimkins - you made progress!  You'll be that much ahead.  And it does sound like you'll have your baby really soon.

#9 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM

I had a couple hours of it last night, pretty sure baby was working on some positioning as for the most part we've been direct OP, baby feels in a much better position this morning!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014

#10 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 PM

Adaline's Mama- okay, it wasn't false labor it was warm up labor!  you are totally progressing.  things are happening.  but, goodness i agree that it's frustrating with all you all have to get into place to get to the hospital.  glad you have your MIL on call to meet you all.  i am hoping the weather won't be as crazy next time for you all when you drive in -that should make things feel more peaceful.  love and patience to you, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post

I had a couple hours of it last night, pretty sure baby was working on some positioning as for the most part we've been direct OP, baby feels in a much better position this morning!

lucky!!!!!!!!!  send my babe the advice to turn back OA, would ya? 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#11 of 11 Old 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Turn baby Gunter turn! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page