Early Labor Signs.... or a MeanTrick! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 271 Old 02-09-2012, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Goddesskristie - ha-at least DH can have a sense of humor about it, how hard for you though! Grr, I hate that!

I woke up today feeling like I did a couple days ago, crampy, lots of BHs and nauseated. No strong waves though:( So I'm taking magnesium, might also be due to needing to get that crap outta me!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#62 of 271 Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM

I know some of you are suffering, but I must say that I love watching this thread.  I didn't get to experience the excitement of going into labor on my own so I am living vicariously through you ladies!  So exciting!

#63 of 271 Old 02-09-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm not even getting any mean tricks over here!  Wish I had at least SOMETHING going on....but NOPE, all quiet in uterus land here....I'm surprised, really, since all but one of mine have been early - first at 39+4, second at 38+4, third was 40 weeks exactly, fourth was 37+4...and I am currently 39+3....so who knows!  I'd love to have some ideas that my body is at least trying to gear up...oh well, I guess she'll come when she's ready, but not so much when I am, or she'd be here already, LOL!

Married to Tom partners.gif since 2001, mom to 4 boys and our first girl born Feb. 19, 2012!

Florida licensed midwife and CPM lovinghandsmidwifery.org

#64 of 271 Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Contractions and backache fizzled out in the middle of the night. I was pretty weepy this morning and singing "I Surrender All". Sigh. Still have the occasional intense contraction and some cramping and I really feel like I've given up which hopefully exactly what I need. Sorry for the mean tricks and the zero tricks mamas!!! Diarrhea is actually how my last labor started so if I go to the bathroom I can't help but think maybe!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#65 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 AM

Lots of impatient waiting here too.. I had diarrhea last week and was hopeful!

Backache and headache and "weird" feeling last night, but nothing this a.m. Due date tomorrow. Walking and pineapple and sex today! Any else feeling guilty about being impatient?! I want him ready, and I do believe "babies are born on their birthdays" but ugh...

#66 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 AM

I feel a little guilty too!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#67 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRose View Post

Lots of impatient waiting here too.. I had diarrhea last week and was hopeful!

Backache and headache and "weird" feeling last night, but nothing this a.m. Due date tomorrow. Walking and pineapple and sex today! Any else feeling guilty about being impatient?! I want him ready, and I do believe "babies are born on their birthdays" but ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeRose View Post

I feel a little guilty too!

Me too! It's an awkward thing because I'm a big believer in nature and God's timing, but come on! I'm so close I can smell the baby lotion!(OK, fine. I smell baby lotion 'cause I started using it on my hands. Yes, I'm that impatient!)

#68 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Yeah, same here. I know that I need to let him make is own birthday, it's one of the few first choices they have! Don't care, though, I want him to make the choice to come soon! I'm so tired after sleeping so little (heck I'm tired when I get 8 or 9 hrs, I got 5 last night). Just had a break down after talking to DH and he'll be home late. So done, so impatient, but trying to be at peace with this.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#69 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM

ahhhhhhh, Back ache, period like cramps, nausea? 

I've had an awful cold that's kept me down the last few days and the laundry isn't done and we have NO food in the house and DH is going to Philly tonight. So naturally I would start to show signs of labor right? LOL I wish I could breathe. :(

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#70 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Rin

AAAaaaaaaCCCKkkkkkkk!!!!!

Can a crazy itchy rash that started at my joints and continues to spread and get more itchy be a sign of impending labor?!!

'Cause thats what I woke up to this morning. My midwife is at a loss for what it might be.

(PUPPS has been ruled out though!)

Seriously. Can I be done now?~

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#71 of 271 Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, man... we just sound like a big ol' bag of good times, huh?!! :)

I am feeling a little better today, but the past two days were pretty hard on me. Physically, emotionally, and even a bit mentally. Tuesday night, the kid's chair that I was sitting in when I was bathing me son decided to break. Thank God it is close to the floor, but still I fell backwards and hit my head on the casing around the window behind me. I instantly started bawling like crazy (so not like me), in front of my son, nonetheless. It hurt like hell and scared the crap out of me. I got my son tucked into bed, and called my husband to come home. When he got home, he checked it and said I had to get stiches. So, we called my mom over to watch my son and went to the ER for the next 2 1/2 hours. Fun! 3 staples later, and a little after midnight and we were home.

The next two days were just me being tapped out and tired. And my mom helps me so much (my husband doesn't get home until 9-11pm). Plus, last night I couldn't fall asleep until about 2:30am, and that was after getting in bed at 8:30 om. UGHH!!

Today is much better, though. Now, I just have to tell baby to wait until Monday cause the birth photographer has a big party for her husband this weekend.

And alas, not a single early labor sign.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#72 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 05:21 AM

We're falling apart!! Lol

but seriously, that sounds awful slimkins. And random rashes are not fun, Rin. I think I hav heard that when the baby is allergic to something, it can show up on mom??

Another half-decent night of sleep here... More pressure and crazy baby movement but that's it. It's my due date dammit! My first was born on her due date, so I'm kinda bummed out he's going to be late. I have an appt today and part of me wants to get an internal check to see if anything is happening.. But I know that doesn't help predict anything, time wise..

#73 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM

Rough times ladies! I'm so sorry! Due date is Monday. Still contracting daily with nothing at night. Did spicy Chinese and sex today. (shrug) don't tell Dh but I really wanted it to work... But I'm not in control. Just impatient. :( and eating and drinking like crazy. 

Sigh

#74 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 PM

Ha, we do sound awful! It does help to know I'm not alone, though I feel bad saying that, sorry - I'm wishing for you all too!!

Nothing for me today:(

#75 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:

Rough times ladies! I'm so sorry! Due date is Monday. Still contracting daily with nothing at night. Did spicy Chinese and sex today. (shrug) don't tell Dh but I really wanted it to work... But I'm not in control. Just impatient. :( and eating and drinking like crazy. 

Sigh

My due date is Monday too. My girl isn't even engaged yet, although I do get crampy at night and feel something going on with my cervix. My hips and pelvis get real achy at night which makes it hard to sleep. I went for a walk today hoping I would start feeling something. She did move back to posterior so I need to get her to move back to anterior :(.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#76 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Oh my gosh, Slimkins! What an ordeal! I hope you're feeling better!

Rin, I cannot imagine having a rash right now. I already have so many discomforts. Have you been able to ease the itching at least?

Rolling into 10 days to my EDD tomorrow. It seems like a long time. I just have a backache, nothing else. *sigh*

#77 of 271 Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 PM

i won't be surprised if this is early labor... achy back and lower belly and cervix all day long.  regular contrax tonight... trying to rest.  tomorrow might be the big day!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#78 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post

Oh, man... we just sound like a big ol' bag of good times, huh?!! :)

I am feeling a little better today, but the past two days were pretty hard on me. Physically, emotionally, and even a bit mentally. Tuesday night, the kid's chair that I was sitting in when I was bathing me son decided to break. Thank God it is close to the floor, but still I fell backwards and hit my head on the casing around the window behind me. I instantly started bawling like crazy (so not like me), in front of my son, nonetheless. It hurt like hell and scared the crap out of me. I got my son tucked into bed, and called my husband to come home. When he got home, he checked it and said I had to get stiches. So, we called my mom over to watch my son and went to the ER for the next 2 1/2 hours. Fun! 3 staples later, and a little after midnight and we were home.

The next two days were just me being tapped out and tired. And my mom helps me so much (my husband doesn't get home until 9-11pm). Plus, last night I couldn't fall asleep until about 2:30am, and that was after getting in bed at 8:30 om. UGHH!!

Today is much better, though. Now, I just have to tell baby to wait until Monday cause the birth photographer has a big party for her husband this weekend.

And alas, not a single early labor sign.

Wow, slimkins, that's awful!  Glad you're ok.  

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#79 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

i won't be surprised if this is early labor... achy back and lower belly and cervix all day long.  regular contrax tonight... trying to rest.  tomorrow might be the big day!

Oh, good luck, can't wait to hear if this is it for you!

WOke up today w/nothing - no signs whatsoever - and cried to DH:( I just don't want to face another week of this, the weekends aren't as bad, but weekdays alone w/DS, not wanting to go anywhere or do anything, ugh! I really don't want a vday baby either, who wants their bday on vday?! 

#80 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yippiehippie View Post

Oh, good luck, can't wait to hear if this is it for you!

WOke up today w/nothing - no signs whatsoever - and cried to DH:( I just don't want to face another week of this, the weekends aren't as bad, but weekdays alone w/DS, not wanting to go anywhere or do anything, ugh! I really don't want a vday baby either, who wants their bday on vday?! 

I could have written this post! I was fine passing my due date last week but just said "as long as it happens by this weekend", I just can't bear the thought of starting business as usual tomorrow. Don't want to think of things to do with the kids all week, and can't bear the thought of cleaning up after them all week so that the house can be as clean as I need it for homebirth. The thought of planning meals for our week sounds dreadful - I'm ready for people to bring me casseroles!!

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#81 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 AM

I'm so with you mamas! I don't want to start another week business as usual either! Feels like a cruel joke. Menu planning, grocery shopping, play dates... When all I want is to lay in bed with my new baby. :( cram pier today but not getting my hopes up. I don't kno why I thought this weekend would be it for me too. And I really don't want a v-day baby, not to mention that's also my FIL's bday too... I want my baby now!

#82 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

I'm also due tomorrow. And now that I am this close to my due date, I am actually having an easier time accepting it. For some reason, I really thought I would go a few days early. Obviously, I was wrong. nut.gif

We'll see how I feel when I go past my due date. I lucked out with my son (water breaking on due date and had him the day after).

And thanks for all the concern about my head. I'm doing fine now, and it is healing up real nice.

Today I am getting a lot more BH (stronger, too) and more pinching in my cervix, but that is it. No backache, cramps, loss of MP or bloody show, so, I don't see anything happening anytime soon.

I do have my 40 week appt. tomorrow, and my curiosity is getting the best of me. I am going to have my midwife check me even though she doesn't normally until 41 weeks. Hopefully, it won't be too disappointing.

And kaydove, even though your girl is not engaged yet, at least she did not engage in a posterior position. Hopefully, she will turn again and then engage.

mtn.mama, I hope this is it for you, too.

Rin, I hope your rash is mostly better by now.

As for the rest of you, I wish us all patience, and an easy week ahead.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#83 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 AM

wow, I didn't realize so many of us are due tomorrow! Here's to hopin at least one of us has good news soon:)

#84 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM

Gushing lukorrhea? Anyone experienced this? Like I'll be sitting there and feel like something is coming out of me and when I check it's just loads of lukorrhea :( I keep hoping it's my plug or something. Then it will be dry then like 2-3 hours later another gush... What the heck is this?

And for everyone else.... Gosh I HOPE HOPE HOPE we have lots more new arrival post this week. Last week it was kind of slow, I wake up every morning excited to see if there's new ones.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#85 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 04:35 PM

yeah, i'm getting those gushes too.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#86 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Hi ladies... As much as I want to get this show on the road, I do hope that this little guy holds off until Saturday. My DH is pretty much out of town the entire week and my doctor has a conference until Friday night. Today, I pretty much slept until noon. I got up here and there to eat and interact with my 6 year old and DH, but then, just went back to sleep. Tonight I'm feeling really crampy and irritable. With my DS, I started feeling crampy two days before he was born. I know all births are different and I could carry on like this for weeks, but I don't know. Valentine's Day baby???? 

#87 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM

I've had to wear a pad for a month because so much comes out! 

#88 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

I've been wearing panty liners for the past month, too. I've had a bit more lately, but not any gushes per say. I did just DTD with my husband, and for the first time, I had a lot of pink discharge immediately after wards. I know this is normal with all the blood flow to the cervix, but it is still a first, even though we have been DTD every couple of days the past two weeks. I'm hoping it means my cervix is even more sensitive tonight. FX!!! :)

#89 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Yay!!! Bring on the babies!!!!! I've been nesting all day but I checked my cervix earlier and nothing... I think I had some back contractions earlier... :-( gosh I hope little man turns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post

I've been wearing panty liners for the past month, too. I've had a bit more lately, but not any gushes per say. I did just DTD with my husband, and for the first time, I had a lot of pink discharge immediately after wards. I know this is normal with all the blood flow to the cervix, but it is still a first, even though we have been DTD every couple of days the past two weeks. I'm hoping it means my cervix is even more sensitive tonight. FX!!! :)

#90 of 271 Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM

I'm not kidding, I came here to ask about this LOL. I've been having this tonight for the second night in a row. I've been having a lot of back pain as well, which is not something I've had in this pregnancy. I keep thinking "yes! this one is going to turn into labor!" but it hasn't yet, now the gushing I keep thinking this is it. I'm so depressed to hear that some of you had this for weeks... Mean trick!

Hoping for more babies soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

Gushing lukorrhea? Anyone experienced this? Like I'll be sitting there and feel like something is coming out of me and when I check it's just loads of lukorrhea :( I keep hoping it's my plug or something. Then it will be dry then like 2-3 hours later another gush... What the heck is this?

And for everyone else.... Gosh I HOPE HOPE HOPE we have lots more new arrival post this week. Last week it was kind of slow, I wake up every morning excited to see if there's new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

yeah, i'm getting those gushes too.

Quote:

I've had to wear a pad for a month because so much comes out! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page