Early Labor Signs.... or a MeanTrick! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

All this yeast talk is making itchy! Ahhhhhhhhhhh I'm so sorry ladies! Just get some plain yogurt and use that vaginally. I wouldn't use Monistat this close to labor but that's just me.

On another note, I'm beginning to second guess every "contraction" I've ever had. I'm really not sure what is the baby stretching and a contraction.... MEAN TRICK.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 PM

I know what you mean!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Old 02-18-2012, 05:42 AM

Totally lost my plug with bright red blood this morning!!! yay! Now if I knew if these were real contractions or not....

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 AM

Yay for you!!!! That is exciting! I've given up distinguishing between baby stretches, BH, and contractions. I've decided when it gets difficult to breathe and move I'll pay attention again! I hope this is it for you! Last night I felt a resignation that I may very well go to 42 weeks. I'm 41 on Monday ... I mean it just takes one day for everything to change but I just don't want to spend another weekend hoping only to go into Monday disappointed.
Keep us posted!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 AM

I went back and forth a lot about what to do for this yeast infection, but when it came down to it I just wanted it gone in case I went into labor. So, I did a bit of research on my normal, natural yeast infection cure, Yeast Gard, and it has an herb in it that is used by Native Americans to induce labor. That was tempting...

But, I decided not to use it. My OB said to get the 7 day Monistat because anything stronger would cause irritation, I'm sorry that news is coming too late for some of you! (Ouch!) I went and got the generic brand (that stuff is expensive!). I used it the first night and the itching was gone completely. I used it again last night just for good measure, but now I'm going to switch over to using a good active yogurt. I just wanted to be sure it was going to go away. The thought of it still being there when I give birth frightens me. I did get a good probiotic to take orally, too.

Meanwhile, last night I had some contractions! They went through most of the night, but I was able to sleep through them. I woke up at 5:30 this morning and they were still there, but becoming more gentle. That was the time that I had to run to the bathroom the last time I thought I was having contractions, so I stayed up for a few minutes just in case. I never did have to go so they must have been the real thing! They were gone when my mom called to check on me at 9 this morning. I

had an appt yesterday and was still closed but soft. My OBs keep giving me the side-eye about that. It usually comes with the question "And you haven't had any contractions at all yet?" and is promptly followed by a brief recap of what will happen if I go past 42 weeks. So, I'm happy to be able to tell them YES! I had contractions! lol

Yay Maternalove!!! With a lost plug like that I'm betting they're real! Anxiously awaiting an update!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:57 AM

I'm having contractions since last night and when I got up to pee at 3am I had a little bit of bloody show! More mucous plug this morning and contractions since 3am!! I so hope this isn't a mean trick and I go another week like this! I'm fairly certain they're contractions, I feel them in my hips mainly but not all over the belly. They remind me of the contractions from my miscarriage using cytotec...

40 weeks 5 days. Cross your fingers for me.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 02-18-2012, 08:21 AM

I'm crossing fingers over here and I'm jealous!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM

I'm totally jealous!  I hope this is it for you both!

Jen
Homeschooling mom to A 16, P 15, S 10, L 8 and S 2.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:49 AM

@Treerose and jmom713... sending some labor vibes to you! goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif

I'm about 6 min apart but nothing hurts yet so we'll see. Can seem to get them to go away so I guess that's a good sign... The very long acupressure session and sexy time with DH may have just been what I needed.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 AM

It's great they won't go away! I accept those vibes. I'm ready. Just had a good long cry and hoping we find time for sex. ;)

Old 02-18-2012, 12:38 PM

GoddessKristie - as close as I am to labor, I probably would do the same thing. Last night I was really itchy and SCARED that I was getting a yeast infection. How unfair to get one at 41 weeks, ya know? But today I'm fine so we'll keep things clean and aired out and pray pray pray!

Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Good luck guys, though I'm jealous! Looks like there'll be some babies this weekend. All I feel is nauseausness and lots of BHs and a huge headache:(

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 02-18-2012, 05:13 PM

After taking taking a shower and walking around, the contractions totally died out. Then I got really tired since I didn't sleep much last night so I took a nap and ended up sleeping for about 4 hours! Geez. Glad I got some sleep but holy crap there goes my day.

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 PM

I'm sorry KayDove. I've had so many days / nights like that where I was working with consistent contractions and planning on having a baby only to have nothing happen. It's disappointing and it can be difficult to regroup. Hugs to you.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

It is crazy we have had such a lull in labors this past week. Only like 3 or 4, I think. I'm still not having much going on. Definitely more discomfort, but nothing to take notice of. I just had to go somewhere with my husband and son, and have never been so uncomfortable walking around. It's almost like I was in labor, but I'm not.

and Kaydove, I think that is why I am afraid to do things like pumping or even membrane sweeping, cause unless you are really ready, it always just seems to give people a day of contractions with no active labor. Although, I might change my tune about the membrane sweeping next week.

C'mon babies!!!!!!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 PM

Slimkins, I feel the same!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Not much going on here. I've had some backache off and on today. Baby is moving a lot right now and doing a lot of stretching, which is hard to be honest with. I want that to be a contraction, but I know it's not. This is about the time they started last night. 

I've been thinking about pumping and membranes and pineapple, but I'm VBACing, so I'm scared to mess with it at all, really.

Maternalove hasn't weighed in for a while. Wonder if she's birthing today!!

Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

So, it took me a good hour to be sure, but I am having very spaced out contractions. I think they did start when I was out, I just wasn't sure. I ate dinner a little bit ago, and am going to try and go to sleep while I can. Hopefully, I will wake up with more consistent contractions and not in the morning with nothing. Fingers crossed!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 02-18-2012, 08:05 PM

Crossing fingers!!! Peaceful baby filled nights for all!

Old 02-18-2012, 11:58 PM

Have to confess, vascilliating between depression and trying to move forward and be at peace with this all. My "due date" is, technically, in 5 days, but honestly, ladies, I feel about a good month away from labor (or more!) and that makes me REALLY sad. I have no idea how that will all pan out with a homebirth which freaks me out a bit. If I KNEW I could get my herbs in tincture form, if I need them, QUICKLY then that would make me feel better, but here in Israel, I still haven't found a reliable resource for quick tinctures in a pinch.

Been using EPO, which was taking me on wild rides in the beginning (so I stopped) and now seems to be doing nothing lasting. As in, I'll dialate and then go right back to firming up again. Things were looking good as far as dialation, in fact, I would say that at one point I was close to 5 cm, but now I'm back down to maybe about 3. And this is my 4th full term child! I know that this is all meaningless, that it is totally out of my hands and that I could go from 0-10 in a few minutes, but I still find this discouraging. I can't help it. :(

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 02-19-2012, 12:03 AM

I've been having Ctx off and on all day. About 10 minutes apart when sitting and 15-20 mins when walking around. They hurt to so hoping that there actually making a difference. I won't try the breast pump again.

Hope Maternalove is having her baby!

Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 AM

Lol I'm trying to have this baby. Ctx 2 min apart 3 cm 80% -2... come on baby come on. Mommy is hungry and you have to come out so I can eat!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 AM

Oh, so exciting - kaydove, slimkins, maternalove - you all might be having those babes! Maternalove-why can't you eat?

I woke to some real waves:) Yay, it's about time! Nothing as strong as what they were w/my last, so I know it's not time now, but maybe today? Starting to see the pink in the toilet now too, but no plug. I'm going to try to sleep b/c I'm so tired and see what happens. Can't wait to see what babes are born this weekendbiggrinbounce.gif

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
Old 02-19-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mine petered out overnight, so, I shall see what the day brings. I've never had contractions that went away. This is new to me, but it seems like the theme for us ladies right now.

Maternalove, you sound close. Just need to move that baby down, yes?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:23 AM

I now have a sinus issue going on. Blah!

I'm not posting much ladies, as I've been having a lot of labor starts and slow downs for a couple of weeks at least now. My contractions started at 4 min apart and 1 to 1+ minutes long a couple weeks ago after baby moved further down...this went on from 8:30 pm that evening until the next afternoon. Then, they spread out and got stronger...weird.

I have been reading and egging your babies on though :) Just want each of you to know that I am cheering for those who have had their babies and for those that are in labor.

I am extremely tired so I'll just keep reading and cheering all of you on.

Blessings abound!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 AM

I totally relate to the disappointment and frustration, impatience and confusion! I feel like I've been in labor at least twice a week for a month. I don't want to go to my 41 week appt tomorrow. But alas just the usual cramps, backache, and lots of pressure down there. 

Cheering you on Maternalove! And YippieHippie I hope this is it for you. 

Slimkins, Countinmore, and Jul511... May we trust more than we question and find peace in this confusing time. 

Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Still in labor.... longest labor ever! Hospital policy you can't eat while in labor greensad.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 12:41 PM

Oh no! So you're in the hospital already. Are you progressing?! Thinking of you!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 PM

How are you going to have any energy to push if you can't eat for days!? I had my husband sneak me food in when I was in labor. I threw some of it up, but it was so worth it in the end (and maybe a Whopper wasn't the best choice LOL). At least a protein bar or something seems warranted! 

Sending speedy progression dust your way! dust.gif

Old 02-19-2012, 01:05 PM

Lots of frustration and false signs here too.. Wish these babes would make a decision and go for it! Good luck everyone, and iguess I'm having a pisces baby now?!

User Tag List