Are you doing any natural induction methods? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK, so I'm only 37 weeks, but I am sooooo done w/being pregnant! I'm super moody and completely unmotivated! I don't remember feeling like this w/DS1, but he came "on time" which I didn't expect for a first timer! I was walking almost daily w/him and remember eating 2 pineapples in the days before, but that's about it, oh and EPO internally.

I've started walking more, yesterday I had one long wave during my 20 min walk (which I'm gonna try to make 30m/day). I'm also squatting and doing some prenatal yoga and gonna start having daily sex!! I'll be getting some pineapple today too;)

I know babies will come when they're ready, but since it's all safe, normal, and natural, no harm! I'm just getting so darn impatient already.

I'm not "due" until the week of V-day, but I literally cannot think about going that long, much less a few weeks longer - yikes! I just have this mental thing that babe's coming soon...am I jinxing myself or what?!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#2 of 4 Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 AM

I am doing pretty much the same things you are. I'm not necessarily in a hurry, but I am fine with doing anything gentle that is either going to help prepare my body better for labor, or maybe even give it a head start.

I started EPO last week orally, and will start vaginally, as well, next week.

I've been drinking RRL tea and other herbs since I was about 7 months pregnant.

It's funny, I did just buy a pineapple the other day, but only cause it sounded good. Didn't even think about the labor thing.

I've also started walking more, doing squats, and some pelvic rocking.

And what I feel has actually already started to help is sex and O'ing. We aren't daily, but have twice in the past 3 days, and I really think I felt something from that. And of course, the orgasming part, too. We had sex on Sunday, and it was Monday that I had some clumps of my mucus plug when I wiped. Only clearish, not blood tinged, but something is happening. :)

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#3 of 4 Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 PM

i think things like seeing the chiropractor and the acupuncturist will really help things line up for a smoother labor and birth.  getting a weekly massage and practicing yoga are the two other things that really help my body get ready.  it's quite a regime right now to juggle my kids (to eat lunch with their dad or hang with a friend) while i do these things but sooooo feels worth it.  i schedule lunch and evening visits when I can.   

you all sound like you are on the right track. 

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#4 of 4 Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM

For as anxious as I am, I'm not doing too much in terms of natural induction. I did google black cohosh this morning but decided that I don't want to do that. I can't even imagine having sex right now, my back hurts and I'm too uncomfortable. The pressure down there is intense. So sorry DH, no sex for you. I do walk daily, which always gives me contractions. I go about 2-3 miles while DS's ride their bikes. I sit on my birth ball a lot of rock. I did try nipple stimulation to induce contractions, but I seem to have no problem HAVING contractions... they just never go anywhere. I finally started losing my plug yesterday. A little this morning as well. Not nearly like with DS2, so I'm wondering if this is going to be gradual. 

Funny about the pineapple too.. I bought one the other day just because it sounded good. Maybe I'll go snack on it. smile.gif

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page