39 weeks, and... nothing??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I just needed a pep talk... i'll be 39 weeks on Sunday, and I have nothing. No signs of labor, at all, whatsoever. I know its a ridiculous thing to be complaining about... I have the occasionaly BH, usually when I do a lot of walking. But nothing painful. No mucus plug, no nesting, nothing...

I'm in WI, hubby is working in ND(800 miles away) until I call him home. (He can only be home for a week) My birth center is an hour away. My SIL flies in Tuesday to help me and to be there for the birth. I am a tad bit worried I will go into labor and either not realize it, or have a fast labor and not make it to the birth center... with my last baby, labor was only about 5 hours start to finish... at about 41 weeks. MW checked me at 36.5 weeks (she was going out of town so I wanted to be sure) and nothing was happening, still closed up tight....

The past few days i've felt pretty good, compared to before feeling exhausted and depressed all the time. Think that means anything? I've also been sleeping pretty good, where before I was lucky to get 5 or 6 hours and never in one shot...

I'm wondering if my body and/or baby is just saying, let daddy work as long as he can, like he wants to, and since auntie doesn't fly in until Tuesday we have to wait till then too. Or maybe i'm just odd... smile.gif

Btw congrats to the ladies who's babies are here!!
#2 of 15 Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM

Aw hang in there. Are you doing anything to move it along? Tea, evening primrose oil, birth ball anything?

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#3 of 15 Old 01-27-2012, 06:30 PM

maybe your babes just come later?  and then once things get started they go really so you may not have the 'warm up' for weeks or days beforehand like some people do.  with the situation of support people being further away, maybe that makes it more likely that you are waiting, too. 

do you have support from mama friends there?  maybe having them over for a mom's night in or just some playdates with your older one would be beneficial?  Could you go to a La Leche League meeting to meet like-minded mamas this week?

best to you!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#4 of 15 Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

I've mostly just been walking, as everything I tried with my last pregnancy didn't do anything, except the castor oil smoothie, and I am NOT going to try that again...  :)

I have lots of support, all my family is nearby, in-laws live only a few miles down the road, and we get out quite often, play dates and visiting and such.

I just find it odd that nothing is happening, versus my last two babies, who gave me lots of BH.  (they are girls, maybe this ones a boy? :)

My M/W doesn't seem concerned in the least, she thinks I'll be overdue again. :)

#5 of 15 Old 01-28-2012, 02:11 PM

Were you overdue with #1 as well? Maybe you just have a cool oven? 

A fast labor is something that frightens me, my DS is only an hour away, but I feel like that's too much. I don't know how you're handling yours being so far. You're stronger than me! I hope nothing happens until your sister comes in so you have her support!

Now I'm excited to hear out it all works out! lurk.gif

#6 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

My first was a hospital induction at 4 days past. A traumatic birth for the both of us as it did not go like I wanted it to... so both births were so different its hard for me to know what is "normal"... :P
I have been having more intesnse BH lately, and I swear I can actually feel my cervix opening or something during them! redface.gif
#7 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 AM

I think some women just don't have a lot of signs ahead of time.  DD was 8 days past her due date and I didn't have any signs at all until 48 hours before she was born - then I had some bloody show, and 26 hours of prelabor contractions before real labor started up.

One of my friends had an appointment right around her due date - she had a vaginal exam and was not dilated at all.  Her dr told her it would be another week or two - the very next morning she went into labor after having no signs at all.

My due date is Wed and I've had pretty much no signs so far - just some more intense braxton hicks contractions.  It is discouraging to be so close and feel like nothing is happening - I was hoping this baby wouldn't keep us waiting as long as DD did but it looks like he may come late as well.

Good luck to you and I hope your little one comes soon!!

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#8 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 12:07 PM

With #4, I had nothing ahead of time.  I woke up and was in labor at 39 weeks 4 days and had him 3.5 hours later.

Jen

Homeschooling mom to A 14, P 12, S 7, L 5 and new baby S.

#9 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one with no action! My due date is Friday and I've got nothing to report. I'm happy to wait, and so is my dr., but I've got an u/s scheduled for Tuesday (40w4d) to make sure everything still looks good to continue to wait. It'll also be my first internal check since 36w3d. I hope Baby will come before my u/s!

#10 of 15 Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 PM

same here, BH every day but nothing other than that. Due date is next Tuesday, and I am SO ready. pretty disappointing that nothing is happening, but I have heard from a lot of women that they didn't feel anything before it was time, so I keep holding on to that. Its so hard not analyze every contractions or feeling and think "maybe this is going to turn into something!"

Katie, wife to the one, mother to Henry and Ruby.
#11 of 15 Old 01-31-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Today was awful... I swear there was 48 hours is this day.... I decided to go shovel the deck as I needed fresh air and its 40 outside so it was melting anyway... ugh, a few cramps, nothing major. Till I tried making supper... now, everytime I stand up I have so much pain/pressure at the TOP of my uterus... I don't know if its just baby being difficult (it goes away when I lie down) or if I pulled a muscle or something... it is NOT helping that my 5 year old is being a MONSTER... SIL arrives tonight, actually her plane landed at 1:30, but of course, MIL picked her up and while its only a 2 hour drive, it takes them, apparently, 8 hours to get here from the airport. What a way to start the visit.... grr... I just want to go to bed... but first, I want to punch someone. :P
#12 of 15 Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, what a difference a couple days makes... I made the decision that baby will arrive on or after the 10th. wink1.gif my midwife was all for it. She says birth is part mentality anyway, and its amazing what our bodies can do.
anyway, hubby will be home at 7 am on the 10th, I still have zero signs of labor, so i'm fairly confident we'll make it. (Should I start labor before then he will leave earlier)
SIL being here is helped some. I have the entire afternoon to myself, and honestly, don't know what to do! orngbiggrin.gif. Im not nesting, so I don't feel the urge to clean, nor did I even bother to get dressed today.... smile.gif while I am ready to be unpregnant and meet my babe, I'd much rather hubby be here with me. So i'm hanging in there for another week!
#13 of 15 Old 02-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Haha, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I have a date set in my head too so mind over matter right? I have a feeling there will be quite a few of us who go this weekend and next week with the moon but we'll see. 

Oh yeah, nothing wrong with not getting dressed... there's been quite a few days like that for me too. :D

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#14 of 15 Old 02-03-2012, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I was due with my last one two days after a full moon, and she was still 8 days late...  So I'm hoping it's similar this time.  ;)

#15 of 15 Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Mind over matter, huh? Definitely believe that since I'm 39 weeks with nothing going on. A few cramps here and there but nothing to make me think of labor. We're waiting on a some money to deposit into my account so we can pay the midwives (long story) and we don't have a bed upstairs in our bedroom, both which are major stressors for me (we put our bed downstairs in the guest room to use as the birth bed. We just have the mattress on the floor in our bedroom). Since stress isn't conducive to labor, I don't think she'll come until after my DH gets paid on the 15th and then we can pay the midwives, doula, and buy a bed.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page