Anterior Babe! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to share that after an awesome yoga session yesterday, I felt my babe move on back into an anterior position.  I listened with the fetascope and heard FHTs right on the side instead of way down and less audible!  My MW confirmed it today, too.  woooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!!!

Thanks so much for all the encouragement and support.  We did it!

Anyone else got good news on a favorable position?

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 PM

Yay for OFP!!!!!

I wish I had some better idea of how he was in there. I can feel feet (upper right quad) and butt (upper left quad) but other than that I can ever feel his head or back :-/  He dose feel MUCH lower today. But I'm not going to say that too loud b/c he might wiggle his way out by morning if I do.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 01-28-2012, 04:15 AM

my baby usually hung out in LOA, but today and yesterday he's gone to ROA, which is even better I hear!     It's my #2 so I suppose either way will be ok, but I'm all for the best position, and happy my baby is ROA and getting ready to be born!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015
Old 01-28-2012, 05:19 AM

And what do ya know... back in my ribs this morning. I'm so over this. The more I don't pay attention the more he does what he's supposed to do. :(

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NourishCreate View Post

my baby usually hung out in LOA, but today and yesterday he's gone to ROA, which is even better I hear!     It's my #2 so I suppose either way will be ok, but I'm all for the best position, and happy my baby is ROA and getting ready to be born!

Oh that's reassuring, I thought LOA was the best - this guy is almost always ROA.

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Old 01-28-2012, 03:16 PM

I also thought LOA was the best. My little guy has been ROA for a few weeks. He's just stuck that way. I kept mentioning to my midwife that I wanted him to move and she said don't worry about it. I think I read that on spinning babies. Hmm. 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

Old 01-28-2012, 04:55 PM

The left occiput anterior position is often the easiest fetal position for the start of labor.

Babies settle in the LOA position naturally when the womb is pretty well balanced. This position helps the baby be in the smallest diameter to fit the pelvis.

Your baby is Right Occiput Anterior. 

The back is to your right, and the baby is facing towards the roomy sciatic notch in the back left of your pelvis.

This position is not clearly associated with a resulting labor pattern.  The baby may rotate to the posterior and, if so, labor may have a posterior pattern of cluster contractions with slow downs or stalls. The baby may rotate to the anterior and labor may be straight forward. The main thing is whether the chin is tucked.

Variables with the ROA baby that effect labor;

1. Flexion of the chin
  2. First time mom
  3. Balance and tone of the soft tissues relating to birthing. (This means the uterus, ligaments, and fascia.)  

4. Pelvic alignment (This effects the above mentioned balance and tone.)
  5. Pelvic shape and size
  6. Placental location

From http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/all-positions/left-occiput-anterior

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 PM

I just found out on Thursday that my babe is ROA. DS was posterior, so I'm happy about this, in spite of LOA being optimal. This one has favored my right side this entire pregnancy, so I wasn't terribly surprised. 

Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post

I just found out on Thursday that my babe is ROA. DS was posterior, so I'm happy about this, in spite of LOA being optimal. This one has favored my right side this entire pregnancy, so I wasn't terribly surprised. 

Same with me! DS2 was posterior and my back labor totally caught me off guard... so this time I am very happy he's ROA! 

Jesse, mama to my three wonderful boys, our newest born at home late Jan 2012 luxlove.gif

Old 01-29-2012, 09:52 AM

My guy has stayed anterior the past week to two. He was only going posterior for several days during my 35th week. Though this weekend, I think all the sitting has caused him to keep going posterior. Not totally positive, cause I feel like I keep feeling his butt, but there are two many limbs moving around in the front for him to be anterior.

and mamanoish, my son wasn't posterior, but he had a nuchal hand, and I had solid back labor the entire time. I also don't have the best back, so, not sure the exact cause.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
and mamanoish, my son wasn't posterior, but he had a nuchal hand, and I had solid back labor the entire time. I also don't have the best back, so, not sure the exact cause.

Same here with DD - she was ROA and never went posterior but I had all back labor, probably b/c of the nuchal hand.  I've heard you can end up with back labor for other reasons besides posterior positioning.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all get easy-peasy front contractions this time.  winky.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Old 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM

This baby is ROA almost continually and has been for several weeks.  My last (first) baby was posterior and it was ALL back/hip labor.  I'm trusting that this baby knows what it's doing and will be birthed the way that it needs to be.  I'm at peace with it.

So far I've had alot of pre-labor stuff going on (after nothing with my first child whose labor only presented itself after the water breaking)... and none of it is back or hip.  Contractions are clearly belly, lower abdomen and cervix... and I think that bodes really well for us!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

we're still chillin with the anterior position here!  woo hoo!  tomorrow is my birthday; my friend said this is the babe's bday gift to me.  i'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessKristie View Post

so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanoish View Post

Same with me! DS2 was posterior and my back labor totally caught me off guard... so this time I am very happy he's ROA! 

yay!  even with my babe being posterior last time, i did not have back labor.  odd, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post

My guy has stayed anterior the past week to two. He was only going posterior for several days during my 35th week. Though this weekend, I think all the sitting has caused him to keep going posterior. Not totally positive, cause I feel like I keep feeling his butt, but there are two many limbs moving around in the front for him to be anterior.

this one was totally posterior at the 35th week, too.  what is that all about, babies? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blueheron View Post

Same here with DD - she was ROA and never went posterior but I had all back labor, probably b/c of the nuchal hand.  I've heard you can end up with back labor for other reasons besides posterior positioning.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all get easy-peasy front contractions this time.  winky.gif

I vote for easy peasy for you, blueheron!  i'll have some of that for myself, too, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post

This baby is ROA almost continually and has been for several weeks.  My last (first) baby was posterior and it was ALL back/hip labor.  I'm trusting that this baby knows what it's doing and will be birthed the way that it needs to be.  I'm at peace with it.

So far I've had alot of pre-labor stuff going on (after nothing with my first child whose labor only presented itself after the water breaking)... and none of it is back or hip.  Contractions are clearly belly, lower abdomen and cervix... and I think that bodes really well for us!

yay for trusting our babes and feeling at peace.  i am so glad to have gotten to that place the past few weeks, too.  with my last babe who was born posterior, it was definetely odd that i didn't have back labor.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM

Yay! and Happy Birthday! birthday.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter View Post

we're still chillin with the anterior position here!  woo hoo!  tomorrow is my birthday; my friend said this is the babe's bday gift to me.  i'll take it!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maternalove View Post

Yay! and Happy Birthday! birthday.gif

Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 AM

Ok got it.  My baby is ROA as of lately (most of the time)  but my MW says not to worry, baby will turn in labor- which i'm sure he will!   He's a wiggly one!

Mom to DD born 12/2007, DS born 2/2012 and a on the way January 2015

User Tag List