i know I'm supposed to be enjoying this precious time.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but I am so ready to not be pregnant. My reflux is back. I'm tired. I don't want anyone touching me which is making cosleeping with my son annoying. I'm so irritable. I know in my heart I'm going to miss feeling this little guy squirming inside me, but really, I'm kind of over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 PM

I can sympathize! We have long babies (DS was 23", this one is expected to be about the same) and I have a short torso, so for the entire third trimester I have babies pushing off the top of my uterus, diving into the bottom of my uterus, kicking me in the lungs, stomach, punching me in the bladder. It gets rough and especially this close to the end of the pregnancy I'm just ready to hold my baby in my arms!

I am hoping to last at least until Thursday because I'm between providers now. After that, I'm ready whenever baby is!

Have you visited the Natural Induction Methods thread?

#3 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 AM

Sigh! I feel your pain. Dh was trying to talk me into doing more to speed things along. He said he gets my reasoning but he's ready for me to not be in any pain anymore. And to meet his son of course LOL

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#4 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 04:37 PM

I would love to be enjoying myself too but after catching a cold in early January, I coughed so badly that I bruised a rib. I don't think it will heal in time to not become an issue at the birth. I am hoping to manage both pains, but as it is I can't sleep lying down because of it. A part of me really wants to meet my little guy (due the 5th!) but the other half wants him to be a good 2 weeks late so my rib has some time to heal. I'm not really having a good month.

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

#5 of 7 Old 01-29-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanielspeak View Post

I would love to be enjoying myself too but after catching a cold in early January, I coughed so badly that I bruised a rib. I don't think it will heal in time to not become an issue at the birth. I am hoping to manage both pains, but as it is I can't sleep lying down because of it. A part of me really wants to meet my little guy (due the 5th!) but the other half wants him to be a good 2 weeks late so my rib has some time to heal. I'm not really having a good month.

that sounds really rough and painful.  i am so sorry.  are you able to bind it...is that even helpful?  lots of arnica gel, too i woudl guess.  really hoping you do have some time to heal up before going into active labor, joanielspeak.

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#6 of 7 Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanielspeak View Post

I bruised a rib falling off a ladder at 37 weeks, and dd waited two weeks past my due date to give me time to heal :)  All traces of the pain were completely gone two or three days before she arrived.  If I had gone on my due date I would have been pretty uncomfortable!  

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013
#7 of 7 Old 01-31-2012, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the sympathy gals! I am rubbing Arnica on it every few hours and I saw my chiropractor about it yesterday. He said my rib was also dislocated. greensad.gif He did a few adjustments to try to remove some pain but it will take awhile for it to heal. I tried to bind it after it happened but I have a big baby in the way. Here's hoping to a nice fat late baby so mama can heal! 

Pagan mama, married to DH since 10/27/09. Had a wonderful h20homebirth.gif with baby D in 2012!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page