Could this be it??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I'm 39 weeks today and starting to have painful contractions that could be regular but I'm too busy this morning to time them...lol My ob striped my membranes yesterday and I was 4 cm and 80%, baby was at -1 but not engaged yet, which is good because I think he is still face up, may have flipped last night though, it's hard to tell...Anyways, anyone else sitting at 4 cm and waiting for something to happen???  2whistle.gifI'm having tons of blood tinged mucus, gross!  Not sure if it's officially my "bloody show" or just from striping my membranes?  My ob said if anything happens it will happen in the next 72 hours, so we'll see.  Everytime my toddler nurses the contractions get really hard and super painful, but then slow down when he stops. so I don't know what is going on.  I'm going to my baby shower put on my my husband's office, at which he has worked for a whole 3 weeks...needless to say, I'm so worried that my water is going to break at the shower, so I'm wearing a Depends, lol. whistling.gifHopefully that will give you all a good laugh, I'm going to be giggling through the whole thing, contracting the whole time I'm sure, wearing my Depends like an old lady.  twins.gif   Not sure they would be able to contain a big gush, but at least if I start leaking it should get me enough time to sneak out of there...  Anyways, I'll try to update later if I can, we have to drive 2.5 hrs to the hospital so my body needs to decide what it's doing soon.... I'm off to wake my napping toddler(who in their right mind would do this?) and bath him before the baby shower.  I'm driving by myself with my son into my DH office and it's making me a little bit nervous....Anyone else playing the "is it really labor" game?

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#2 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM

Sounds like your body is definitely gearing up for something!

I have labor poop. Yay... but nothing regular for me yet... We are having our house cleaned on Thursday and my mom comes on Saturday, then it will be show time.

Keep us updated!!

Wife since 2004. Mommy to DS (2005) and DD (2008) and my hopefully VBA2C baby DD due Feb 2012!

lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifribboncesarean.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM

ohhh that's so exciting. Nothing here yet except A LOT of pressure. I can barely walk! But OB told me this morning I'll prob go over due. Bummer. Then again they told me that with DD and she was a preemie.

Proud wife to DH, mommy to DD 11/23/07, our little rainbow1284.gif baby boy 2/19/12. We vbac.gifnocirc.gifwinner.jpgcd.gif delayedvax.gifselectivevax.gif.femalesling.GIF

namaste.gif   *****Remember to love your boobies once a month!*** ribbonpink.gif

#4 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM

I saw my chiro yesterday and then went to Lowe's to pick up some parts for my hubby.  Wasn't really positive I was going to make it across the store... but it passed.  Then by the time I got home I was exhausted and felt sick and went to bed early.  This morning I woke up happy and alert, but then my lower back got really achy and now I feel sick again.  Not at all sure what is going on, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if my body is gearing up.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#5 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM

Go, baby nannnybutterfly, go!  :)

I hope your 2.5 hr drive works out ok.  Is there a reasonably priced hotel where you can camp out halfway, or nearby, if you think things are getting close?  Hope it goes smoothly but not TOO quickly!!  winky.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

#6 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 PM

thinking of you and hoping you are in active labor or holding a babe!  and, not wearing a depends anymore.  haha!

doula mama to my nov 05 and my feb 08 babes who wrap me in love.
#7 of 10 Old 01-31-2012, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Posting from my phone here so bear with me smile.gif what a rollercoster!!! So made it to the baby shower and contractions were 6 minutes apart. I just kept thinking I hope my water doesn't break!!! I put on a brave face and made it through even though I was in a ton of pain. 2 hours later I didn't feel safe driving home in that much pain so ds and I went to wal mart to wait for dh to finish up with work. I then realized I couldnt walk or talk through my contractions and they were now 3 minutes apart. Called my sister to come get ds and breathed through contractions in the car. At this point I was starting to think we weren't going to make it to the hospital. Dh gets there and we drive the 2.5 hours to the hospital, contractions were bad, and I was worried baby would be born on the side of the road. Then about 20 minutes from the hospital the contractions stop...ahhhhh !!!! So frustrating!!! So we went to a hotel and here we are now. My mom brought ds here and we tried nursing but still nothing... At this point I'm so tired of making the long drive every time this happens, I'm thinking we just need to get a weekly hotel until baby makes up his mind. Ugh! This is driving me nuts! Maybe it's cause baby is posterior? Any suggestions on getting him in a better position? I'm see a chiropractor weekly and might go tomorrow since we're over here. For now we're staying over here through Thursday and we'll go from there....

fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFbelly.gifMama to 2 sweet little boys biggrinbounce.gif(May 2010) biggrinbounce.gif (Feb 2012)

Got myvbac.gifFeb 2012

#8 of 10 Old 02-01-2012, 07:58 AM

Nannybutterfly, so sorry to hear about all the craziness. Considering how close and intense your contractions got, I am so sorry they stopped. Maybe it wasn't just posterior baby, but also all the hecticness?

I hope staying at the hotel calms things a bit.

And I am no help for what to do to turn the baby around, but have you looked at spinningbabies for ideas?

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#9 of 10 Old 02-02-2012, 06:00 AM

Nannybutterfly, you must be so frustrated.  Wishing you lots of patience and some good luck!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#10 of 10 Old 02-04-2012, 04:42 AM

Nannybutterfly, any update? I'm hoping your hotel stay was cut short by the rest of your labor.  winky.gif

grateful mama to DD1, born before the robins came, 2010.  excited to welcome a little man into the world in early February 2012! kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page